News Gabba Upgrade & Olympics News

Remove this Banner Ad

In my post 5019 i mentioned "Separate post coming on this" regarding QSAC only being used as a training facility.

Miles taking over from Palaszczuk and influenced big time by Coates and the IOC has found a way to unwisely spend their half share of total funding.

Allocated funds as they stand now:
QSAC $1,600,000,000. and $1,000,000,000 improvements to Lang Park & the aging Gabba.
$900,000,000 going to all the 35 minor venue sites. Total $3,500,000,000

If a new stadium is not going ahead i can see the reasoning behind Lang Park, The Gabba and QSAC.
However, the QSAC spend is just illogical for many reasons, especially when that area requires a big infostructure spend to make it fairly accessible during the 7 x 2 days of athletics.

It would be good if someone could sway Coats and the IOC into turning QSAC into a training venue for the world's athletes before and during the games.
They will have to have training facilities somewhere and it has not been budgeted for to my knowledge.
Locals get a go when it's completed and again after the Olympics.

Why would you consider this? Because Coates and the IOC want an athletics legacy for Brisbane.
Why spent the money? The same reason as considering this option.
Governments and organizations need to appease people all the time.
You just have to find a common ground that both parties can live with.

Coates biggest disappointment about Sydney was no athletics legacy. He has mentioned this often.
Looks like he is determined this does not happen in Brisbane.

What's needed to be done
A new Olympic quality track to be laid on the main oval.
Maybe this does not need to be done anyway, see link below. If it does than we pay for another one.

https://aths.au/world-athletics-certified-facilities/

I believe one grandstand is in good condition. Some improvements to other arears in that structure.
This is the building that gets all the use currently.
The other grandstand should be able to be brought back to good repair within reasonable costs.
Coates wants 14k capacity after Olympics so i think both grandstands will get to that number.
You would also need to take the so called temporary old scaffolding and seating down.
I think $600,000,000 would be more than needed to get all this done. Should be enough anyhow.

The state government and BCC would then not need to upgrade transport infostructure around QSAC saving a huge amount of money. The infostructure has been mentioned by the Lord Mayor but the state government is in denial for now. As a matter of fact, infostructure spend has not been included in any government funding that i have noticed.

We should not even be considering QSAC, but Coates and the IOC are adamant about leaving a legacy for athletics.
That legacy is possibly a new track and 14k seating capacity after the Olympics.
People may say spending this amount of money just for a training track is wasteful.
However, it will be cheaper in the short term if you don't have to also fund new infostructure costs around QSAC.

Now Aker and Swann weigh in:

A Lions AFL hall of famer has called on the state government to stop wasting time and fork out whatever funds are necessary to transform the Gabba into the centrepiece of the 2032 Games.

AFL great Jason Akermanis said it was time for the government to “get on with it” and set out a plan to make the Gabba a 60,000-seat Olympic stadium to provide a lasting legacy item for his former team.

“First things first, get on with it,” he said.

“Stop wasting everyone’s time, don’t worry about the money, don’t worry about the haters, the Olympics are coming and people will come and see it.”

The call to action comes after cricket legend Allan Border said the government should turn the Gabba into housing and build a brand new 60,000-seat stadium to suit rugby, cricket, Australian rules and the Olympics.

“I’d be knocking down the Gabba and building a new venue from scratch at Victoria Park,” he said.

Insiders say frustrations are growing within the Lions over the stadium’s unknown future, with the club rapidly outgrowing the Gabba.

The 129-year-old venue is also due to reach its end of life by 2030, according to the Quirk report, and will need a facelift ahead of the Olympics regardless of whether it is utilised for the Games.

Akermanis said the government was missing a prime opportunity to fix up the iconic stadium and make it the sporting centrepiece of Brisbane 2032.

“QSAC is the dumbest, stupidest idea I’ve heard ... but the Gabba is a no-brainer,” he said.

“You’d be an idiot to not keep it there and you’d be a dumber politician to not do it up and put the AFL, cricket and concerts there in the future.

“It’s driving me nuts. If you want my vote, put the Gabba as the 2032 centrepiece.”

Lions chief executive Greg Swann said getting a new stadium was currently the club’s biggest priority.

AFL participation rates are skyrocketing in Queensland, with the state now the third top jurisdiction for up and coming players, and expected to overtake Western Australia for second spot within five years.

“That’s a big challenge,” he said.

“We’ve gone through 62,000 members, this is our seventh sellout (game).

“For this club to get where it should be, we need a stadium.

“If they built one that had 55,000 capacity, I think we could fill it.”

That comes to a total of $6,100,000,000
That leaves $900,000,000 left to spend. Maybe this could go towards the Brisbane Arena if the government entered into a separate shared commercial arrangement for the venue. If that happened, then the Brisbane Arena may still be viable as a venue. However, this amount still falls way short of the estimated costs though. More partners maybe?
That money should go towards transport to the suburban venues. Particularly Chandler, which sits along a route that has been long earmarked for bus upgrades (and now the poorly-named Brisbane Metro). Putting bus lanes along Old Cleveland Rd from Chandler to Langlands Park where the busway ends, is a good use of that money.

I believe one grandstand is in good condition. Some improvements to other arears in that structure.
This is the building that gets all the use currently.
The other grandstand should be able to be brought back to good repair within reasonable costs.
Coates wants 14k capacity after Olympics so i think both grandstands will get to that number.
You would also need to take the so called temporary old scaffolding and seating down.
I think $600,000,000 would be more than needed to get all this done. Should be enough anyhow.
The Quirk report agrees with your assessment. It said $600m would get us a 14 000 seat QSAC for the long term. If it were to be used as the main Olympic stadium and go up to 40 000 seats for that purpose, it would cost an extra $1b. That's what the $1.6b figure is composed of.

The state government and BCC would then not need to upgrade transport infostructure around QSAC saving a huge amount of money. The infostructure has been mentioned by the Lord Mayor but the state government is in denial for now. As a matter of fact, infostructure spend has not been included in any government funding that i have noticed.
I haven't seen infrastructure spending reported either. One thing I'd say in defence of transport to QSAC is that it would have an ongoing benefit. In the Mains Rd corridor, it'd be useful for all the buses that go from Sunnybank to the busway. That includes some of the city's busiest routes like the 130. Otherwise it could include a connection from the busway to QSAC through the Griffith Nathan campus, though I think infrastructure along Mains Rd would be more useful to more people. But that doesn't require QSAC to be the main Olympic stadium, it's justifiable even without that.

We should not even be considering QSAC, but Coates and the IOC are adamant about leaving a legacy for athletics.
That legacy is possibly a new track and 14k seating capacity after the Olympics.
People may say spending this amount of money just for a training track is wasteful.
However, it will be cheaper in the short term if you don't have to also fund new infostructure costs around QSAC.
QSAC has an ongoing community use, any member of the public can use it, and that can be something worth spending public money on. Sport isn't only at a professional level, after all. I wouldn't spend $1.6 billion on a community facility, but $600m isn't that bad given it's useful for developing future Olympic athletes too.

Where i disagree is about the infrastructure. As I said above, better bus connections from the busway to Sunnybank are probably justifiable even without QSAC. It'd be a real missed opportunity to spend money on a facility that can facilitate that kind of infrastructure legacy and not use it to do so.

It doesn’t need to be fully financed by the state/federal government. It can be done in conjunction with a private enterprise. The money is already there. I know it’s hard for government to do but they need to think outside of the box. Stop making it a political football as it will make us a laughing stock of the world. Anyone still involved in junior football can tell you that participation rates have gone through the roof especially with girls playing which is awesome. Look at our membership numbers (pet memberships as well 😉). The money is already there. It’s not being taken from somewhere else to do this. This and possibly the next state government is going to screw this up.

That money should go towards transport to the suburban venues. Particularly Chandler, which sits along a route that has been long earmarked for bus upgrades (and now the poorly-named Brisbane Metro). Putting bus lanes along Old Cleveland Rd from Chandler to Langlands Park where the busway ends, is a good use of that money.

The Quirk report agrees with your assessment. It said $600m would get us a 14 000 seat QSAC for the long term. If it were to be used as the main Olympic stadium and go up to 40 000 seats for that purpose, it would cost an extra $1b. That's what the $1.6b figure is composed of.

I haven't seen infrastructure spending reported either. One thing I'd say in defence of transport to QSAC is that it would have an ongoing benefit. In the Mains Rd corridor, it'd be useful for all the buses that go from Sunnybank to the busway. That includes some of the city's busiest routes like the 130. Otherwise it could include a connection from the busway to QSAC through the Griffith Nathan campus, though I think infrastructure along Mains Rd would be more useful to more people. But that doesn't require QSAC to be the main Olympic stadium, it's justifiable even without that.

QSAC has an ongoing community use, any member of the public can use it, and that can be something worth spending public money on. Sport isn't only at a professional level, after all. I wouldn't spend $1.6 billion on a community facility, but $600m isn't that bad given it's useful for developing future Olympic athletes too.

Where i disagree is about the infrastructure. As I said above, better bus connections from the busway to Sunnybank are probably justifiable even without QSAC. It'd be a real missed opportunity to spend money on a facility that can facilitate that kind of infrastructure legacy and not use it to do so.
You mentioned you work in the town planning field, so you probably have better access to planned infostructure plans.
I can't really find much searching BCC major infostructure apart from Brisbane Metro.
They tend to talk in general terms

From what i can find the Olympic funding total of $7,000,000,000 will be used on venues with nothing for infostructure.

Both Governments & LGA's are to just continue their infostructure planning as outlined in each budget.
They obviously know the Olympics are coming so will have to do the best they can with budgeted funds.
In the long term that should be good for Brisbane and surrounding Gold & Sunshine Coasts.
There are big projects up and running and i am sure more before and after Olympics in 2032.

The below link is fairly recent and mentions some infostructure rail funding that's separate to Olympics.
I can see why infostructure was omitted from the Olympic funding agreement.
You could argue it was needed anyhow and getting the Olympics just fast-tracked projects.
If infostructure was included in Olympic costings there would be such a backlash over total Olympic funding.
Infostructure is an ongoing cost for any growing region, so local, state & federal governments are always allocating funds in this space.

Another link below to Coomera Connector. Thats 2 projects totaling $4.7 billion

The government’s other big budget Olympic spend is $1.2 billion to help Queensland complete a critical Brisbane-Sunshine Coast rail link by 2032.

While the enhanced rail connectivity will reduce trip times and road congestion between Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast, the new line will only reach the southern Sunny Coast village of Caloundra by 2032.

That means it will fall short of Kawana, Alexandra Headland and Maroochydore where the closest Sunshine Coast Olympic venues and a satellite athletes’ village are planned.

The Coomera connector $3.5 billion project is underway.

Coomera Connector Stage 1 North between Shipper Drive and Helensvale Road is underway and expected to open progressively from late 2025 while early works are underway on Stage 1 Central between Helensvale Road and Smith Street Motorway.

The main construction tender for the South package has now been released and has narrowed the preferred contractors to a list of three.

Does IOC have contract with AOC or city of Brisbane? Can AOC in worse case scenario allocate the games to another city?

I think this'll get done one way or another and we will get a better vision than QSAC for the games once the Liberals get in. I genuinely think the Lions are putting together the business case by manufacturing all these 'sell-outs'.

You mentioned you work in the town planning field, so you probably have better access to planned infostructure plans.
Look at the SEQ City Deal for Olympics Infrastructure Transport stuff. There's also another government transport plan that sets out transport infrastructure for the next 10 or so years, but can't recall what it's called.

Wow... Aker. Something's never change... and it's why he keeps getting dismissed as a buffoon.

The Gabba solution is well and truly past... and everyone bar him knows it. There's a million reasons not to rebuild it but no mate you keep banging your head against the wall as the voice of difference instead of adding weight to the calls for a new stadium :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Look at the SEQ City Deal for Olympics Infrastructure Transport stuff. There's also another government transport plan that sets out transport infrastructure for the next 10 or so years, but can't recall what it's called.
Thanks for that.
I had a look and after clicking on a few links came upon this link below.
A nice-looking brochure type document listing all the 29 projects. Some close to the end others in various stages.
It also breaks up the funding of who is paying, state/commonwealth/local.
Total funding $1.9 billion. Brochure dated July 2023.

The four biggest costing projects.
$450 million: Brisbane Metro Wooloongabba Bus Station. Project cancelled recently.
$286 million: SEQ Livability Fund
$210 million: Groth Area Compact: The compact will realize a more coordinated approach to enabling infrastructure to support the delivery of affordable housing options in Caboolture West. Includes a $100 million loan from the commonwealth.
$190 million: Kangaroo Point Green Bridge image below. Near completion. Should open late 2024.

1723798736123.png

Private push for $6bn Northshore Olympic precinct to save taxpayer amid stadium debacle​

An Olympic mega precinct with a stunning 60,000-seat waterfront stadium would be built on the Brisbane River in a bold $6bn proposal to solve the 2032 Games planning debacle – and it won’t cost taxpayers an extra cent. TAKE OUR POLL

Taylah Fellows

3 min read
August 17, 2024 - 12:00AM
293 comments

503f930d9cdac8c6f9be3cfecc9c1bf7

couriermail.com.au01:11

Radical stadium vision for Brisbane's Northshore revealed​

A team of global stadium designers or architects have come up with a radical plan for the Brisbane Games and beyond. The centrepiece is a 60,000-seat stadium with an aquatic centre, wave pool, and retail and hospitality spaces and housing at Brisbane's Northshore.

An Olympic mega precinct with a stunning 60,000-seat waterfront stadium would be built on the Brisbane River in a bold $6bn proposal to solve the 2032 Games planning debacle – and it won’t cost taxpayers an extra cent.​

A group of globally renowned architects – including the firm behind some of the best stadiums in the world such as Los Angeles’ SoFi Stadium and the Dallas Cowboys Stadium – have put forward the plan to transform Brisbane’s Northshore into a one-stop Olympic precinct.
The stadium would be the centrepiece of the precinct, which would include a hotel overlooking the venue, a 2500-apartment athletes’ village, pedestrian walkways along the river, an aquatic and wavepool centre as well as a retail and restaurant hub.
Images of a proposed Olympic precinct at Brisbane's Northshore.

The plan has been in the works for six months and talks undertaken with private enterprise, landowners and government departments – while the state government stubbornly continues to back a controversial $1.6bn QSAC upgrade at Mount Gravatt.

Dubbed the Brisbane Design Alliance, the team of world-class architecture, engineering and planning experts from Buchan, HKS, NRA Collaborative, Aurecon and Nikken Sekkei believes the project could be funded privately – similar to Perth’s Optus Stadium, which HKS designed.

The group only asks that the state government offer up the land required for the 150ha site between Bretts Wharf on Kingsford Smith Drive and Royal Queensland Golf Club, and help fix the transport problems plaguing the Northshore area.

The proposed design of an Olympic precinct at Brisbane’s Northshore.

HKS Australia director Andrew Colling said the pitch was more than a first-class stadium for 2032, with, the design incorporating plans to include an extra 12,000 residential dwellings around the precinct after the Games.

“The need to solve the issues this city faces for the next 20-30 years is bigger than any one company so we pooled our experts together,” he said.

“Our Northshore scheme responds to projected population growth over the next 25 years, providing a mixed-use precinct unmatched in Queensland, located on the shores of our famous river and supported by a private finance model that will minimise cost to the state.

Designs by HKS architects, which show the stadium being used for cricket.

“A new, world-class stadium at Northshore can be purpose-built for cricket and Aussie rules while creating a unique Brisbane 2032 Olympics experience and venue to be proud of.

“You can’t have the opening ceremony drone shot over Mount Gravatt cemetery, it will look like the 1982 Commonwealth Games at QSAC.”

Other post-2032 additions would include a high-performance sports medicine centre, canals behind the retail hub and stadium, an elevated walkway or “highline” connecting the stadium precinct to Doomben Station and a bridge across the river to Bulimba.

The impressive AT & T Stadium, the home of the Dallas Cowboys.

The proposed stadium has been designed to allow spectators a view of the Brisbane City skyline as they watch events and, if desired, would become home to the Brisbane Lions and Cricket Queensland.

Design Alliance members have been involved in the Dallas Cowboys’ AT & T stadium, SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles, Wembley Stadium in London and the Es Con Field Hokkaido stadium in Japan.

The project would be staged and shovels would need to hit the ground by early 2026 at the latest for Olympic and Paralympic works to be finished a year out from the Games.

The design would include riverfront pedestrian walkways. Artwork Supplied

The team of experts have met with developers, private landowners and engaged land valuers, Stadiums Queensland and any government agency willing to lend an ear. But for the plan to work, the government would need to redirect its $1.6bn QSAC spend towards public transport upgrades in and around Hamilton.

Mr Colling said transport was the only missing piece of the puzzle, with upgrades required for trains, buses, trams and ferry networks – something he thinks the government could afford, with private investors keen to pitch in and pay for the precinct.

The alliance is yet to cost land value for the 150ha site, as half was owned by the state.

“The $6bn includes transport upgrades but the private sector funding would do a lot of that heavy lifting,” Mr Colling said. “The state ideally supports us for the land … there’s a balancing act of how that comes together.

“There’s also some mechanisms in place of how they would take the land back in future, as I’m sure they will want that as value rises.”

The state government continues to back an upgrade of the Queensland Sport and Athletics Centre at Mt Gravatt.

The state government continues to back an upgrade of the Queensland Sport and Athletics Centre at Mt Gravatt.
The Northshore precinct would also include public parkland and gardens to service the expected 22,000 residents post 2032.

A green pedestrian drawbridge has been proposed over the river linking the precinct to Bulimba, which the alliance says it is open to pursuing as a project prior to the Games if there’s an appetite.

“The transport solution will not be any one single quick fix,” Mr Colling said. “Rather than spend $1.6bn at QSAC, I’d rather them spend that across the transport network.

“We have 12-18 months to consolidate the land requirements … if we can get that sorted construction will go full steam ahead.

“The state should seriously consider this.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Private push for $6bn Northshore Olympic precinct to save taxpayer amid stadium debacle​

An Olympic mega precinct with a stunning 60,000-seat waterfront stadium would be built on the Brisbane River in a bold $6bn proposal to solve the 2032 Games planning debacle – and it won’t cost taxpayers an extra cent. TAKE OUR POLL

Taylah Fellows

3 min read
August 17, 2024 - 12:00AM
293 comments

503f930d9cdac8c6f9be3cfecc9c1bf7

couriermail.com.au01:11

Radical stadium vision for Brisbane's Northshore revealed​

A team of global stadium designers or architects have come up with a radical plan for the Brisbane Games and beyond. The centrepiece is a 60,000-seat stadium with an aquatic centre, wave pool, and retail and hospitality spaces and housing at Brisbane's Northshore.

An Olympic mega precinct with a stunning 60,000-seat waterfront stadium would be built on the Brisbane River in a bold $6bn proposal to solve the 2032 Games planning debacle – and it won’t cost taxpayers an extra cent.​

A group of globally renowned architects – including the firm behind some of the best stadiums in the world such as Los Angeles’ SoFi Stadium and the Dallas Cowboys Stadium – have put forward the plan to transform Brisbane’s Northshore into a one-stop Olympic precinct.
The stadium would be the centrepiece of the precinct, which would include a hotel overlooking the venue, a 2500-apartment athletes’ village, pedestrian walkways along the river, an aquatic and wavepool centre as well as a retail and restaurant hub.
Images of a proposed Olympic precinct at Brisbane's Northshore.'s Northshore.

The plan has been in the works for six months and talks undertaken with private enterprise, landowners and government departments – while the state government stubbornly continues to back a controversial $1.6bn QSAC upgrade at Mount Gravatt.

Dubbed the Brisbane Design Alliance, the team of world-class architecture, engineering and planning experts from Buchan, HKS, NRA Collaborative, Aurecon and Nikken Sekkei believes the project could be funded privately – similar to Perth’s Optus Stadium, which HKS designed.

The group only asks that the state government offer up the land required for the 150ha site between Bretts Wharf on Kingsford Smith Drive and Royal Queensland Golf Club, and help fix the transport problems plaguing the Northshore area.

HKS Australia director Andrew Colling said the pitch was more than a first-class stadium for 2032, with, the design incorporating plans to include an extra 12,000 residential dwellings around the precinct after the Games.

“The need to solve the issues this city faces for the next 20-30 years is bigger than any one company so we pooled our experts together,” he said.

“Our Northshore scheme responds to projected population growth over the next 25 years, providing a mixed-use precinct unmatched in Queensland, located on the shores of our famous river and supported by a private finance model that will minimise cost to the state.

“A new, world-class stadium at Northshore can be purpose-built for cricket and Aussie rules while creating a unique Brisbane 2032 Olympics experience and venue to be proud of.

“You can’t have the opening ceremony drone shot over Mount Gravatt cemetery, it will look like the 1982 Commonwealth Games at QSAC.”

Other post-2032 additions would include a high-performance sports medicine centre, canals behind the retail hub and stadium, an elevated walkway or “highline” connecting the stadium precinct to Doomben Station and a bridge across the river to Bulimba.

The proposed stadium has been designed to allow spectators a view of the Brisbane City skyline as they watch events and, if desired, would become home to the Brisbane Lions and Cricket Queensland.

Design Alliance members have been involved in the Dallas Cowboys’ AT & T stadium, SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles, Wembley Stadium in London and the Es Con Field Hokkaido stadium in Japan.

The project would be staged and shovels would need to hit the ground by early 2026 at the latest for Olympic and Paralympic works to be finished a year out from the Games.

The team of experts have met with developers, private landowners and engaged land valuers, Stadiums Queensland and any government agency willing to lend an ear. But for the plan to work, the government would need to redirect its $1.6bn QSAC spend towards public transport upgrades in and around Hamilton.

Mr Colling said transport was the only missing piece of the puzzle, with upgrades required for trains, buses, trams and ferry networks – something he thinks the government could afford, with private investors keen to pitch in and pay for the precinct.

The alliance is yet to cost land value for the 150ha site, as half was owned by the state.

“The $6bn includes transport upgrades but the private sector funding would do a lot of that heavy lifting,” Mr Colling said. “The state ideally supports us for the land … there’s a balancing act of how that comes together.

“There’s also some mechanisms in place of how they would take the land back in future, as I’m sure they will want that as value rises.”

The Northshore precinct would also include public parkland and gardens to service the expected 22,000 residents post 2032.

A green pedestrian drawbridge has been proposed over the river linking the precinct to Bulimba, which the alliance says it is open to pursuing as a project prior to the Games if there’s an appetite.

“The transport solution will not be any one single quick fix,” Mr Colling said. “Rather than spend $1.6bn at QSAC, I’d rather them spend that across the transport network.

“We have 12-18 months to consolidate the land requirements … if we can get that sorted construction will go full steam ahead.

“The state should seriously consider this.”
Looks interesting. That design would result in some unusual wind effects at ground level I expect.

A stadium on a pontoon ? Least it doesn't flood during footy season
Just an island really. That whole area was reclaimed from saline swamp during the 20th century anyway.

It's an interesting idea and design, but the critical issue would be transport. It's still going to be at the end of public transport lines. Sure, you'll have CityCat, potentially an expanded Brisbane Metro and you'd think an upgraded Doomben rail line. So, there might be enough capability.

But I'm still skeptical of anything involving Hamilton Northshore as there's a lot of self-interest from developers in that area. And the stadium design that seems to highlight the city skyline just serves to remind you how ****ing far you are away from home.

A stadium on a pontoon ? Least it doesn't flood during footy season

Nothing could go wrong with the Brisbane River of course!
(For those interested check out the 1893 Brisbane floods. Helped establish the Valley for commerce after South Brisbane kept getting destroyed)

Not convinced it is a good option having a stadium at Hamilton.
Similar issues to when the Albion Park Paceway area was earmarked for a stadium. Except Hamilton is further from the CBD.
Could be an issue after the Olympics are over in regard to getting people from all over Brisbane to attend AFL/Cricket at Hamilton.
People will go to concerts there though. A different mindset.
Public transport will be an issue getting large numbers of people in and out of the area on event days.
The Doomben Station is the terminus station similar to Springfield Central at BHA.
The newer City Cats can carry around 150-170 passengers.
I don't think the BCC have too many spare to help much on event days.
The BCC appears to be able to get spare buses like they do at the Gabba and Lang Park

Much better to build a new rail station at Victoria Park close to the stadium
That line connects the north and south of Brisbane with other connecting suburb points at Roma Street.

The one advantage is that they could also build better public transport links to the pedestrian bridge at Bulimba, giving southsiders a quicker avenue to get across and dispersing the road traffic after games to both sides of the river.

It's an interesting idea and design, but the critical issue would be transport. It's still going to be at the end of public transport lines.
For now. In a couple of decades it'll be on a planned underground line from Albert St to the airport. That has made it into long term government plans.

And if the Doomben line extension station at Hamilton were underground, I think it isn't inconceivable for it to be tunnelled through to Morningside eventually. Though that one is a personal dream of mine and not officially planned anywhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Gabba Upgrade & Olympics News

Remove this Banner Ad

Back