Gaff - does he stay or go? Let me set the scene..

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 550560

View attachment 550563

North Melbourne v West Coast's total and average crowd attendances over 11 home games in 2018. Not a major factor, but just something else for Gaffy to consider.

Exact reason why he is coming to us as u have pointed out the stat. He does not like and want media attention after his king hit. At the big 6 camera is alaays on them. Think of how much pressure lynch will b under at richmond esp if he is seen as a replacement or successor to riewoldt. So the pressure will nit just b from iutsude but insude as well.

If Gaff does decide to go and I assume that’s what will happen, whilst he may not believe he owes the club in terms of a new contract I believe he will want the Eagles to be fairly compensated. That said if the Blues do end up with a priority pick, thats what should be targeted. It’s exactly how the AFL would want it used, Blues get an A grade midfielder in his prime and Eagles get fairly compensated.

Exact reason why he is coming to us as u have pointed out the stat. He does not like and want media attention after his king hit. At the big 6 camera is alaays on them. Think of how much pressure lynch will b under at richmond esp if he is seen as a replacement or successor to riewoldt. So the pressure will nit just b from iutsude but insude as well.

I’m not saying Gaffy will stay, as it’s looking quite the opposite now, but I don’t know how you can claim to know the exact reason why he’d want to leave. It’s all just speculation.

this season, he'd really polished his game with tackling etc, the complete package...if he stays, how good will we be next year!...if he goes, frees up a spot for the new gun?

Dont call gaff shirley

Do you want him to leave?

I do want him to stay, this was the first year where he actually showed he has developed a contested aspect to his game and had for mine, his best season

Do i think he will stay? Not a chance.

I think will leave for a larger contract at a club based in Melbourne and will want a fresh start after the Brayshaw debacle

I think your over analysing the move. He’s going to North because you’re offering him huge dollars and you’re in Victoria. End of story

I think your over analysing the move. He’s going to North because you’re offering him huge dollars and you’re in Victoria. End of story

That was b4 king hit tben yes...if he moved. But u feel he woukd have moved if the king hit didnt happen as he was comfortable respected and feels in gamiliar territory in perth. But now he needs a break away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd imagine if Gaff was staying he would offer up that information as a morale booster. Likewise if he knows he is leaving he will keep it to himself until our season is done. Even Dusty had signed by now I think?

It's not a 6 month decision to deliberate. By now he knows his choice.

Well lets wait for the footy show this wk

That was b4 king hit tben yes...if he moved. But u feel he woukd have moved if the king hit didnt happen as he was comfortable respected and feels in gamiliar territory in perth. But now he needs a break away.
Everyone is reading into the king hit too much. It’s not relevant. He’s human so he felt bad for Brayshaw, letting the eagles down and finally his own 2018 premiership hopes going down the toilet. It would not influence his decision on whether to accept 1.2mill a year for 6 years. Let’s keep it real.

I agree. Looks like he going. Personally I think he owes WCE but don’t think that will be a factor
I agree that he's going now....so much as to say I'd be SHOCKED to read that he has signed and is staying.

Don't agree that he "owes WCE", but I do think that his legacy will be ruined. I reckon the sentiment will change when he announces he's leaving.......especially when you consider the impact on our finals campaign (which is yet to be seen). I have no doubt that the majority of supporters will turn on him quite quickly when we see him in a North's jumper explaining how happy he is to join them.

Personally I felt sorry for him for a week or so, but have slowly become a bit resentful that he's not playing. He is a very important player to our structure. Through adversity and hard work, we've put ourselves in LITERALLY the best position to win a premiership since 2006 and Gaff isn't there to play his role.

Time will tell.

I agree that he's going now....so much as to say I'd be SHOCKED to read that he has signed and is staying.

Don't agree that he "owes WCE", but I do think that his legacy will be ruined. I reckon the sentiment will change when he announces he's leaving.......especially when you consider the impact on our finals campaign (which is yet to be seen). I have no doubt that the majority of supporters will turn on him quite quickly when we see him in a North's jumper explaining how happy he is to join them.

Personally I felt sorry for him for a week or so, but have slowly become a bit resentful that he's not playing. He is a very important player to our structure. Through adversity and hard work, we've put ourselves in LITERALLY the best position to win a premiership since 2006 and Gaff isn't there to play his role.

Time will tell.
Well said

Time will tell.
Yes it will. Reason I say he owes Eagles is he has lesssned our chances of winning the GF but getting suspended. I like Gaff but must admit if/when he signs with another club I will feel resentful.

Well lets wait for the footy show this wk
Rad Roo, I’m not trying to wind you up but how would you feel if Gaff signs with another Vic club? Have you prepared yourself for that possibility? As we’ve learned over the past few years nothing is certain until it’s official.

Yep. Sick Dad. Lots of Vic money. Fresh start. Lots of young Eagles that may play his role just as good. Probably gone
If Gaff does go, not a good way to finish up at a Club. If his Dad is on the mend, can see him staying (even if it's a short contract) as he may feel he owes the Club and supporters, but of course his Dad's health and family situation will probably be the reason he leaves. For all we know his Dad may have been in ill health for some time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaff - does he stay or go? Let me set the scene..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back