Gaff vs Hartlett?

Gaff or Hartlett?

• Andrew Gaff

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • Hamish Hartlett

Votes: 39 58.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hartlett has a lot more potential but i'd back Gaff in to have a better career based on what he's shown in his first 2 seasons.

Averaging 25 touches ( even if some are cheap ) and 5 marks a game in your second season is very impressive.

This would be the hardest choice I have seen in a poll for a while.
could not pick but if I had no choice I would lean towards Hartlett ever so slightly.
Hartlett seems to me to be the more damaging of the 2

I'm going to take that as a compliment.

What attributes do you feel put him ahead?

penetrating kick, has a awesome leg Hartlett, sort off reminds me of Buckleys.
Gaff has him covered in footy smarts though, but not as much as Hartlett has Gaff covered in skill.

Hartlett for the simple fact that he can go both ways, inside and outside and has great decision making Gaff can run all day and can rack up a lot of junk time possessions but he needs to be a tad more damaging with his disposals. Hartlett needs more TOG and he will destroy teams that leave him free.

I really think if Hartlett stays in the park for the whole season this year, he will be an elite mid. He's just so silky and so damaging when he's on song.

Hartlett is a lot more talented, injuries are a concern but potentially he could be in the top 5 mids in the AFL. Gaff is amazingly overrated - accumulates cheap kicks on the wing and isn't overly damaging with his disposal. He makes Steele Sidebottom look like a midfield enforcer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought I had Harlett in my SC draft team so was rapt with his performance on the weekend. Turns out I actually had Broadbent who didn't do quite so well :confused:

Dunno if it's me but Hartlett seems pretty under rated (maybe he lives in Boak's shadow here in Vic?).

Very solid player who probably doesn't have the profile/reputation his talent deserves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaff vs Hartlett?

Back