Gaff wants to go back to melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was a talented young kid West Coast would be one of the best places to play IMO. With our resources and the talent we picked up over the last few years IMO you have a greater chance of winning a premiership here.

But If he actually put his hand up and said I want to go it would cost another club something pretty good to get him. Not that I want to speculate because its probably crap.

If I was a talented young kid West Coast would be one of the best places to play IMO. With our resources and the talent we picked up over the last few years IMO you have a greater chance of winning a premiership here.

But If he actually put his hand up and said I want to go it would cost another club something pretty good to get him. Not that I want to speculate because its probably crap.
This, IMO, would be one of the only reasons why he mightn't want to stay. The WCE setup is one of the best in the league, but high draft picks used on the likes of Masten, Ebert etc. (Won't judge Sheppard yet) could be costly when Cox and Glass are retired and you're deep in September/October :)o)

Having said that, there is a good culture down at Pattison's with you guys and Shuey, NN and a few more are super young talents

No idea if this is true or not, but some young players do just want to head home. Best examples would be Scott Thompson and Headland.

WCE might very well refuse to trade him to try and spend another year convincing him to stay even if he did want out.

He would of very known that he would end up at GC, West Coast or Brisbane if he nominated for the draft. If he wanted to stay at home then he shouldn't of nominated. Suck it up.

if it is true, i dont understand why? how awesome would it be, turning 18 and living in another state and getting paid to play footy.

i value family, friends etc...but a fresh start in a new state would be fun. you might as well enjoy the experience of something new rather than missing home.

it's almost like when you start at uni, there's those people that only hang out with people they know from high school. what's the point in that?

theres nothing to worry about. the eagles won't even think about trading him at the end of this year. come next year he should be playing close to 22 games in a team which will be pushing for the top 4 again and hopefully looking more promising than any vic club for the next 5 or so years. he's not whipped by his girlfriend like juddy was, so i can't see him going anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like him, but I couldn't see us being able to make a suitable trade.

He'd cost our 1st round pick and a player.

Swallow and Wells are off limits, Black is probably not a required type at West Coast and that leaves Cruize Garlett or Liam Anthony.

Garlett and pick 14ish?

Not quite true, but he is unhappy with some of the demands the club has made of him, and some of the restrictions they have placed on him in areas that he and his family consider quite important.

He wouldn't turn down a move to Melbourne but IMO he isn't looking for one.

the problem for the eagles is he is exactly what they are after.
Young, very talented midfielder.
With their back, forward and ruck talent, the midfield is the area of focus now.
Gaff would be ideal to take the reigns from Embley and Kerr when both enter the twilight years.

They would want something very decent in return.
Hoping the chat with us in Perth is the start of something, but i imagine a fairly promising player + second rd pick or even a first rd pick would be required to get the deal done.

If there is truth to it. Surely WC could have a decent look at getting a hold of GWS #1 pre draft selection and get O'Meara. No chance of him getting home sick and wanting to leave, could be a 10+ year player.

For Gaff to get back to a Vic team though, it would have to be a 3 way trade for the above scenario to work.

If and its a massive IF Gaff was to go back to Melbourne their would be every Melbourne team bidding for him, he is that good.

I could see a 3 way deal next year, Gaff to ???, top 10 pick to Gold Coast, Harley Bennell to Eagles.

Eagles basically swap Gaff for Bennell.

As stated, the only source that this comes from is when he met Essendon officials before their game agaisnt the dockers
And that meeting most likely had nothing to do with future ambitions, simply catching up with friends

Even more than that, he was meeting with a rep of his agent, who also happens to work for Essendon.

Nothing in it. Juddas aside, we have a great history of keeping players.

If and its a massive IF Gaff was to go back to Melbourne their would be every Melbourne team bidding for him, he is that good.

I could see a 3 way deal next year, Gaff to ???, top 10 pick to Gold Coast, Harley Bennell to Eagles.

Eagles basically swap Gaff for Bennell.

Gaff will be better than Bennell. Also, a top 10 pick next year won't be worth much as it is a weak draft outside of the top few.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaff wants to go back to melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back