Gaff wants to go back to melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

In know there is a spot for this on the look alikes, but Gaff is the spitting image of horhay focker. Someone needs to put an image up.

52240.gif

Andrew-Gaff_729-420x0.jpg

Like WCE's refusal to let him start a University course.

You are obviously in the know a bit with Gaffy so what is the likelihood that he will bugger off?

Is he loyal enough to stick around and be at least a 100 game player?

that's odd, i thought woosh was big on education. lots of the players are doing degrees.

you wouldn't happen to have any idea why?

Just to answer all the questions.

The degree was at UWA, Commerce or something along those lines iirc, my understanding is that WCE want him to only focus on football in his first couple of years whereas he and his parents were quite keen for him to commence further studies, especially because it will only be a part time degree and therefore take quite a long time.

He isn't the type of kid to up and leave though, works hard (got a very good ATAR while doing year 12 with huge football commitments is one indicator) and has good values IMO (Honest, etc.).

Although it's hard to predict what someone would do in a high pressure situation a long way from home.

As I said I doubt he will be looking to move (ie. instructing his agent to seek a suitable club), but if the opportunity arose and WCE would be fairly compensated he would probably consider it. As would a lot of young players moving interstate.

If and its a massive IF Gaff was to go back to Melbourne their would be every Melbourne team bidding for him, he is that good.

I could see a 3 way deal next year, Gaff to ???, top 10 pick to Gold Coast, Harley Bennell to Eagles.

Eagles basically swap Gaff for Bennell.

do-not-want-dog.jpg

Just to answer all the questions.

The degree was at UWA, Commerce or something along those lines iirc, my understanding is that WCE want him to only focus on football in his first couple of years whereas he and his parents were quite keen for him to commence further studies, especially because it will only be a part time degree and therefore take quite a long time.

He isn't the type of kid to up and leave though, works hard (got a very good ATAR while doing year 12 with huge football commitments is one indicator) and has good values IMO (Honest, etc.).

Although it's hard to predict what someone would do in a high pressure situation a long way from home.

As I said I doubt he will be looking to move (ie. instructing his agent to seek a suitable club), but if the opportunity arose and WCE would be fairly compensated he would probably consider it. As would a lot of young players moving interstate.

That is strange, I would have thought part time study would be fine.

IMO Alot of AFL players end up with too much spare money and time hence a large proportion gamble, especially horse racing, not so much on who will kick the first goal.;)

I could understand the club asking for him to hold off say 12 months so he settles in etc, has a bit of fun.

The club isn't stupid and it will be careful with what any player and their parents want, never mind a interstate top draft pick.

Sounds very suss to have a player focus solely on football even in their first year. At least one subject per semester is very manageable as all players have spare time and you only need 5-6 hours per week to do one subject.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is strange, I would have thought part time study would be fine.

IMO Alot of AFL players end up with too much spare money and time hence a large proportion gamble, especially horse racing, not so much on who will kick the first goal.;)

I could understand the club asking for him to hold off say 12 months so he settles in etc, has a bit of fun.

The club isn't stupid and it will be careful with what any player and their parents want, never mind a interstate top draft pick.
i dont think they are doing it to be w@nkers. may have something to do with settling in. but either way, hardly a reason to want to leave and not somethng that cant be sorted out. i am sure all clubs have disagreements with some parents about their kids all the time. its only because he is victorian and high draft pick that we think the worst.

I heard Dane Swan and Scott Pendlebury want to come to West Coast... infact I have it on good authority, and the deal is about 98% complete.
Seems Gaff and Masten are heading to Collingwood

Expect it to be a very active trading period, with lots of on trading to get the right player.

My understanding is that West Coast would have gone for Bennell in the draft last year had he been available. The kid can play & is struggling only because of home sickness. I don't think West Coast would be too upset if they could end up with Bennell at the cost of Gaff.

West Coast have always had a history of picking local kids for the old age reason that they do not run home to mummy. Perth is a long way away so home sickness is multiplied. I think its a very sound strategy, but I understand picking Gaff over other WA players like Conca becasue at some point you just have to pick the best available.

I think its a fair trade however, if Gaff goes to a Melbourne club, the Melbourne club would need to find something pretty attractive for GC that would be the catch.

Expect it to be a very active trading period, with lots of on trading to get the right player.

My understanding is that West Coast would have gone for Bennell in the draft last year had he been available. The kid can play & is struggling only because of home sickness. I don't think West Coast would be too upset if they could end up with Bennell at the cost of Gaff.

West Coast have always had a history of picking local kids for the old age reason that they do not run home to mummy. Perth is a long way away so home sickness is multiplied. I think its a very sound strategy, but I understand picking Gaff over other WA players like Conca becasue at some point you just have to pick the best available.

I think its a fair trade however, if Gaff goes to a Melbourne club, the Melbourne club would need to find something pretty attractive for GC that would be the catch.
really? well collingwood have a history of picking local vic kids...only reason for this is OBVIOUSLY because of go home factor.

i think wce would prefer a WA player but will not pass up on a more talented player if he is vic. we have had many victorian players and only judd really left because of go home factors. but who else? WA generally has no issues keeping players. u see we get them addicted to surfing over here and then they dont want to leave :)

go-home factor is overstated and only used around contract time by managers to get a better contract. its also a convenient excuse for changing clubs. "i am leaving because of more money" doesnt quiet improve anyones image.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaff wants to go back to melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back