Gaff you dirty dog!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm arguing against your position, not the AFLs. The end result has to come into it. Fork me, that's why attempting to kill someone carries a penalty but a lesser penalty than actually killing someone.

So you would like these things graded on how hurt the person is?

This is why so many players are hitting each other, as long as it doesnt end up with an unfortunate serious injury they get away with next to nothing. Look at Fyfe's King Hit, Lewis is a tough nut, so only 2 weeks.

3 weeks :D

the only way West Coast could look like an ever bigger laughing stock after tonight's farcical defence is if they are to challenge the suspension in court to try and get Gaff on the field for finals.

what a shitty, shitty club.

There is not a single chance he will be playing finals

So you would like these things graded on how hurt the person is?

This is why so many players are hitting each other, as long as it doesnt end up with an unfortunate serious injury they get away with next to nothing. Look at Fyfe's King Hit, Lewis is a tough nut, so only 2 weeks.
How else can the severity be graded? It's why when the idiots go the jumper punches and their hands go up too high that a free kick is the sole result. If the guy was knocked out he'd be on report and would get gaff'd in the A.

That's because a Cyril attempted strike is worth two actual strikes by any other player.

Unless they are Franklin strikes, which count for zero.

This is half the issue, when things are graded on who the player is and what the outcome is

This is why people are going around hitting each other

How is it meaningless?
The only time when intention is relevant is when a strike was never intended in the first place. So once you are through that threshold, then you look at the damage and that is how you judge the severity of it. Whether he meant to hit him here or here doesn't actually matter.

http://www6.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/ca190082/s59.html

http://www6.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/ca190082/s61.html

Fyfe got 2 weeks, relevant to this, except he clearly intended to hit Lewis. Lewis just didn't suffer such bad injuries.
Hence it was a much less severe impact, resulting in a lesser penalty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How else can the severity be graded? It's why when the idiots go the jumper punches and their hands go up too high that a free kick is the sole result. If the guy was knocked out he'd be on report and would get gaff'd in the A.

Fyfe knocked out Lewis for 2 weeks.

Silvagni knocked out Cripps for 4 weeks.

Hence it was a much less severe impact, resulting in a lesser penalty.

Yeah so i get it, you wanted everything graded on the impact, so you're happy for players to be out there hitting each other as long as it isn't a serious injury. This is 100% why this will continue

That's because a Cyril attempted strike is worth two actual strikes by any other player.
Finally you're talking about something Greg Williams was good at.

You seemed to be in favor of lawsuits in the case of Clem Michael. (Which I believe was never more than empty words).

Or were you just searching for dirt to throw at an inconvenient voice who harmed your spin?

The name rang a bell. No end story via google, probably a hush hush settlement like Freo made with Ross's sexual harassment victim

Yeah so i get it, you wanted everything graded on the impact, so you're happy for players to be out there hitting each other as long as it isn't a serious injury. This is 100% why this will continue
No I don't want them hitting each other. Tummy taps: Fine them (unless they're repeat offenders then they get a week) and the penalties can go up from there based on the severity.

well if they hit each other like little girls and nobody gets hurt then whats the problem?

No I don't want them hitting each other. Tummy taps: Fine them (unless they're repeat offenders then they get a week) and the penalties can go up from there based on the severity.

This is why there is inconsistencies and it continues

New tribunal set up this year is meant to be setting precedents going forward.

Yeah lets give them a go at doing something about the underlying issue

Hopefully a lengthy ban to Gaff will make them think twice about hitting each other

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaff you dirty dog!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back