FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand complaints about the ending of Lost. Pretty obvious from the beginning that the writers were just going to keep adding panda bears, magic numbers, time travel, random characters and whatever else until people lost interest and then pull and underwhelming ending out of their arse. Which is pretty much exactly what happened.

I don't understand complaints about the ending of Lost. Pretty obvious from the beginning that the writers were just going to keep adding panda bears, magic numbers, time travel, random characters and whatever else until people lost interest and then pull and underwhelming ending out of their arse. Which is pretty much exactly what happened.
The issue is people were sucked in thinking it was one genre when it was really something else.

Only in hindsight. At the time no one thought a show would do this to it’s audience.

Only in hindsight. At the time no one thought a show would do this to it’s audience.
Seriously? I thought it was obvious they were making stuff up as they went along.

That was relatively fine it was the battle of the bastards they messed up.

How did they 'mess up' something that wasn't in the books?

Don't recall such sentiment among those who kept watching at the time but the millions who dropped off might've thought so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh Seeds you disappoint me
I disappoint everyone at some point.

by season 6 the dialogue had clearly gone down hill. But the pacing of the story and production values had improved dramatically. We got to see the battles in their full glory which we simply didn’t get to see in the earlier seasons. The music was also at its peak. Sometimes the shallow stuff matters too. I also never read the book so wouldn’t have noticed poor story choices as much as readers.

by season 7 the story and dialogue for me had fallen away too dramatically for the positives mentioned above to be worth it

That was relatively fine it was the battle of the bastards they messed up.
True it could of been written much better. There was little story to that fight. The directing was superb though. It was just a big glorious pile on.

jon snow charging at the enemy was just idiotic though.

in hindsight we should of seen the problems coming story wise given how BOB was done.

Rewatching from the start. When the Lannisters enter Winterfell, there are so many juxtapositions and foreshadowing.

Sansa eyeing joffrey
Camera pans to Arya, to the hound, back to arya
Bran climbing up high to witness the approaching Lannisters. Climbing.
Bobby Baratheon touching certain Starks, each of them die eventually.

Rewatching from the start. When the Lannisters enter Winterfell, there are so many juxtapositions and foreshadowing.

Sansa eyeing joffrey
Camera pans to Arya, to the hound, back to arya
Bran climbing up high to witness the approaching Lannisters. Climbing.
Bobby Baratheon touching certain Starks, each of them die eventually.
Well it starts with the dead dire wolf

True it could of been written much better. There was little story to that fight. The directing was superb though. It was just a big glorious pile on.

in hindsight we should of seen the problems coming story wise given how BOB was done.

Very true, while it was good it's something they needed to knock out of the park after all the build up.

Definite early warning sign for the rest of the show.

Jon Snows army operated on JIT principles.

Very true, while it was good it's something they needed to knock out of the park after all the build up.

Definite early warning sign for the rest of the show.

I wanted to see more of how House Arryn rocked up.

Jon Snow charging was.the start of showing that he was unfit to be King and that Sansa had become the true leader (with a magical power to teleport a massive cavalry force)

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jon Snow charging was.the start of showing that he was unfit to be King and that Sansa had become the true leader (with a magical power to teleport a massive cavalry force)
Not only did she have the power of teleportation, but also re-spawning (or raising the dead).

Mind you, Dany had similar powers, with the ability to conjure up food supplies out of thin air. For example, she sent a force to attack Casterly Rock - only to have her fleet destroyed by the Iron Fleet, with the Lannisters having destroyed the city's food supplies. Despite having no food, and a force of 10,000+ to feed, she managed to march them all the way across the continent.

Not only did she have the power of teleportation, but also re-spawning (or raising the dead).

Mind you, Dany had similar powers, with the ability to conjure up food supplies out of thin air. For example, she sent a force to attack Casterly Rock - only to have her fleet destroyed by the Iron Fleet, with the Lannisters having destroyed the city's food supplies. Despite having no food, and a force of 10,000+ to feed, she managed to march them all the way across the continent.
Very true, Dany was amazing whole army killed by the dead and next minute bigger than ever at kings landing.

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back