GameDay - Geelong v North Melbourne NAB Cup Rnd 1

Remove this Banner Ad

We've had 10 inside 50's this quarter, and we've scored 10 times. (obviously not a goal each time, but still)

Half Time thoughts from the Foxtel coverage.

Our intensity and pressure is superb. Best i've seen it in ages. Even better than the St Kilda game last year. Quality football.

Pretty much everyone is looking good, but a few are looking extra good;

• Matty Campbell - superb
  • Sam Wright - looks great across HB. Like a young Jess Sinclair
  • Scott Thompson - as usual
  • Swallow - looking very dangerous around the packs
  • Boomer - shades of 2007
  • Anthony - in everything
  • Ziebell - every possession is class
  • Adams, Greenwood and Urquhart all looking good as well.

Whilst almost everyone is playing well, there is a reason why I used the qualified almost...

Straight up, Pratt and Hale look like spuds. Both have turned the ball over several times, blocked team mates, and not really added anything at all. Robbie Tarrant looks a bit lost down back, but this is his first ever game of senior footy so that can obviously be forgiven.

Good signs and quality football from North Melbourne so far in the first half.

Love a 9 pointer here

Urqs in trouble, copped one in the eye

Half time

Wright, Flash, Anthony all superb
Hale, Pratt not so

Pressure is amazing, forcing players like Ablett and Ling into rash decisions & bad possessions is something that not a lot of teams have been able to do for a long time & our players are doing it in the first half of a pre-season game.. extremely good signs and I for one have an erection

With Hale playing his usual type of game, I think BON must throw Tarrant into the forward line at some stage in the second half with Dish being out the first 2 rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the style, Love the pressure! If this is what 2010 is gonna be like, bring it on!!!

North leading the clearances 21 - 13 at half-time against the clearance kings Ablett, Ling, Bartel and Selwood.

Bon Scott delivers on his promise for contested footy prowess.

davo99 - see my post on the previous page for which players are looking good.

I am furious at the moment.
My shitc*nt little Assendon supporting half brother came into my room and asked who was playing, I replied North and Geelong (he used to be a cats supporter due to his father being one).

He took one look at the scores and said, and i quote "Ah looks like Geelong have quite a few out today, you just dont know their team well enough to realise it".

I immediately left my seat clouted him round the back of the head and screamed "OR MAYBE THEYRE JUST F*CKING GETTING OUT PLAYED, EVER THINK OF THAT?"

As to the game, if this is how our gamestyle is going to be I am very excited, none of that crap that laidley had us doing in the final year or so.

I am furious at the moment.
My shitc*nt little Assendon supporting half brother came into my room and asked who was playing, I replied North and Geelong (he used to be a cats supporter due to his father being one).
He took one look at the scores and said, and i quote "Ah looks like Geelong have quite a few out today, you just dont know their team well enough to realise it".
I immediately left my seat clouted him round the back of the head and screamed "OR MAYBE THEYRE JUST F*CKING GETTING OUT PLAYED, EVER THINK OF THAT?"
As to the game, if this is how our gamestyle is going to be I am very excited, none of that crap that laidley had us doing in the final year or so.

Dude.. calm

Remove this Banner Ad

GameDay - Geelong v North Melbourne NAB Cup Rnd 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back