GameDay - Geelong v North Melbourne NAB Cup Rnd 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Well played, folks. Thought we might get thumped there for a while.

Plenty to like about the young Roos, seem to have injected a bit of pace into the list over the summer. :thumbsu:

Can't begrudge you guys a bit of success given the crap you've had to put up with about relocation and the like. And if you can make the top 8 and keep a non-Victorian side out of the finals, the more the better.

Gives us a few things to think about and work on in the leadup to the season proper.

Keep it up, Shinboners. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Cheers mate. Just quietly, youse were in a different class in that third quarter burst.

I for one won't be writing off the Catters this year.

Hale is a dead man walking... did he even get any touches today?

I was giving it to him over the fence... and he heard me.. hence all the players gave me a high five running into the rooms except Hale..

Great game very happy with the Win.Very close the cats through everthing at us and we held strong.This will give us a lot of confidence.

Congrats on the win.
You blokes will play the winner of Freo/Melb next Sunday.

If Freo win it will be at Subi.
If Melb win it will be at Etihad.

Start booking your tickets as we haven't won interstate since 2006.

The $3.00 the tab was offering was great value. We were always going to have a huge crack and we started pre-season 4-5 weeks before Geelong so we were always going to be up and running. I loved the defensive pressure and standing the mark aggressively caused a couple of turnovers which resulted in goals. I also liked the way we didn't completely go in our shell when Geelong got back within 7 points and continued to attack. It was good to see the boys play on and take a risk, but then when the ball was turned over our defensive pressure was great.

To see the drastic level of improvement in guys like Levi Greenwood, Ben Warren, cruise Garlett, Todd Goldstein and Sam Wright since last year is promising. It's amazing what a full pre season can do for some blokes. All the young lads were brilliant.

Best Players: Greenwood, Anthony, Wright, Warren, Campbell

David Hale: Can't compete at ground level. Goldstein has well and truly taken his spot and Goldy looks like he can pinch hit up forward.
Corey Jones: Tried hard, but won't play round 1 IMHO.
Daniel Pratt: Just need's to relax. He looks like the whole world is on his shoulders at times. Shorely he is over the chicken incident by now. Get over it Pratty and get your mind on the job. He is still in my best 22, but he is running out of chances.
Lachlan Hansen: He doesn't even look like a footballer for a start.
Michael Firrito: Had a great game. Runs in straight lines. Doesn't deviate and looks fit.
Brent Harvey: Looks like he is going to have a huge year. Smartest footballer on our list. One on one he is nearly unbeatable.

So Who do we play next week???

So good. Special mentions to Adams who kept throwing himself in there, Harding who is so dangerous and Campbell - I'd forgotten how quick he was, he can pick up the ball full pelt.

I still don't want to give up on Hale. Drop him if we lose & he plays like that, but at the moment he's another tall that is hard to match up on.

Where do we play next week? If freo wins, could we be playing in WA?

Lachlan Hansen: He doesn't even look like a footballer for a start.

Went on to Hawkins in the 2nd quarter and Hawkins disappeared.

Brent Harvey: Looks like he is going to have a huge year. Smartest footballer on our list. One on one he is nearly unbeatable.

He actually had a pretty ordinary game. Makes the win all the more sweeter.

Campbell is moving so veeeery nice when he gets the balls as did a lot of the mid fielders.

When we go on that run it was just pure intensity, our backs moved up and pressure was enormous.

Pretty sure we are back at the Dome next week, I'll hopefully make it, couldn't today because of having mates over and watching UFC 110.

Oh and Congrats on Brad Scott for his win!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

warren future. hale past go to vfl david you have never been any good!!!! well done to matt cambell sensational work

Great game guys. I really think you guys will do well this year and it looks like you are a few steps ahead of Richmond in development.

Well done. :thumbsu:

To think that the Tigers hierarchy were sitting on their hands looking to find a coach... while Robert Walls was 'waving the BRAD SCOTT flag' to all to see.. nope..not interested.. another fellow named Nathan Buckley rated the Tigers a better list.. go figure.. I have no doubt that the game has changed so much in just 5 years that Hardwick will need to shape up his leadership group quick smart to avoid a sluggish start..that can kill a season...uh duh.. thanx for the kind words M4M anyway. Best of luck against the Bluebaggers in R1.. No Fev, No judd... best chance to take the Blues down.. otherwise.. yikes!!

Campbell is moving so veeeery nice when he gets the balls as did a lot of the mid fielders.

When we go on that run it was just pure intensity, our backs moved up and pressure was enormous.

Pretty sure we are back at the Dome next week, I'll hopefully make it, couldn't today because of having mates over and watching UFC 110.

Oh and Congrats on Brad Scott for his win!

Yeh you're right . we play the winnner of Freo and Melbourne at Etihad...Doesn't matter who wins:eek:

Hey Rooboys, great game today, your young blokes looked good. Exciting things to come.

Good for your side that when we stacked them on just before 3/4 time they held there nerve and still played your game.

Good luck with the NAB cup, as we learned in 2006, a good NAB cup run with a young team can help bring future success.

Hey grats on the win. I missed the game was hoping someone could tell me what's Brad Scott's game plan like? (saw one post that said more direct, but was hoping for more info) Was a big fan of his during his time at the pies, and very happy your team got him.

Hey Rooboys, great game today, your young blokes looked good. Exciting things to come.

Good for your side that when we stacked them on just before 3/4 time they held there nerve and still played your game.

Good luck with the NAB cup, as we learned in 2006, a good NAB cup run with a young team can help bring future success.
------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks and we're hearin' ya :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

GameDay - Geelong v North Melbourne NAB Cup Rnd 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back