Preview Gameday Thread. Hawks Vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sammy just asked if Clarko wants to coach for the rest of his career and sadly Clarko gave the impression that that isn't the case. Said he marvels at your Sheedy's and malthouse's being able to coach for as long as they have as its a hard gig. Can't see himself going down that path but absoulutely wants to stay involved in footy in some way or another for the rest of his career...

Then Sammy bagged out AC's bags under his eyes. AC says laser surgery awaits...:p

We need to come back out in the third and put more scoreboard pressure on.
We've just got to kick 3 or 4 and get a run in. We don't want to get in a scrap.
Our intensity has been good and we're forcing their errors but I'm still concerned that they can score quickly.
In the last ten minutes we slackened off in the guts, and perhaps it was by design but I want to see a better effort from the clearances.

Musto has 4 kicks and 2 goals straight, both of them were really tough shots. He's been playing on Fletcher, in a defensive role, really. He's been very effective, great call to keep him in the team.

Buddy has been all over the ground - really impressive. He's kicked some pretty amazing goals, and the mark that earned him his 3rd goal was a great contested mark. As they just pointed out on the TV, Roughy has also been up field a lot, not as effective though.

Hawks are playing real one on one footy, it's actually really enjoyable to watch. We're dominating contested possesions. Half-time probably came at just the right time for us though. Bombers are not out of it yet, although they are a bit lucky maybe, that they weren't put out of it before quarter time.

Edit: oh yeah, Ossie has been great. He is definitely back in form, the chase through the middle was just awesome. It could well have been another 12 point turn around, although at that stage, Essendon weren't looking particularly dangerous, and I'd have backed Murphy and co. to have prevented a goal.

Disasterous miss from Mitchell. That's really hurt us, we're only 2 goals up now, should have been 4 up. Amazing work from Rioli to create that opportunity, so dissapointing. This match is starting to slip away, we need a goal desperately.

This is horrifying. The game looks nothing like it did before. We're losing clearences now. Missing opportunities. This is really bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sammy Mitchell misses a goal he should kick and Essendon take it to the end and kick one. Then kick another with 7 seconds to go. WHY ****EN DRIBBLE IT FROM 30METRES YOU F#$KWIT

Yes, any player doing that, never mind our captain will hurt the confidence.. Hope we lift like last week............

Well I guess we're now in for the scrap that I didn't want.

Mitchell really needed to kick that goal. Crucial.
We seem to be getting beaten out of the middle now aswell.

I had a bad feeling our inacurracy would cost us and it just might.
We've got to hang on.

Okay, got that last post off my chest.

Now, time to step up Luke Hodge. Done sweet FA all game, you kow this situation just reeks of you now, you know this is where you lift. Break the tag and Carry us with you.

C'mon boys, we've had our down qtr, time to lift like last week

Huge test of character coming up. Despite limping in to 3/4 time, there is no good reason why we shouldn't win this.

It is time to win a fourth quarter FFS.

PS I'm overseas so not watching. However, I looked at the scores at quarter time and see we had 12 shots to 4 in the first quarter and were only up by 18 points. I've lost count of how often, even during 2008 we have dominated for a period of time but not put the score on the board. Back yourselves and put it through the big sticks boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back