Gameday - WADA v AFL360 (EFC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Stretching my very bad short term memory here, no doubt it will be incorrect, but will give it a go.

Complete this picture;

1. The first one shocked me so much I have now forgotten it. Will have to check the tapes. It was towards the end of the interview. You could see him pumping himself up to ask it.

2. Something along the lines that the players were not proven innocent, there was just no proof at all of what they were injected with.

3. If you were a father of an AFL player what would you think if the club they played for could not tell you what your son was injected with?

So Hird's seen spreadsheets about the club's thymomodulin use, they handed them in to ASADA and they allegedly destroyed them? Wouldn't you have made copies...?
Complete fabrication. It's was either TB4 or something other than Thymodulin. Hird has shot himself in the foot this time.

In grade 6 we used to do speed tests for mathematics. 36 equations set out on a sheet (about half A4 size) in random order. Addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.

One day a kid named Matthew finished in record time. Now normally the teacher would go through the answers and you just marked the test of the person next to you. Matthew finished so quickly though that the teacher called him up to the front to read out his answers and show off his amazing skills at completing all 36 equations, all correctly, in such a short time.

He proceeded to eat the test.

Afterwards he claimed he ate it as a joke. That he really did finish in record time and that every answer was correct but he just couldn't pass up the chace to get a laugh out of everyone.

I don't know why watching James on 360 has compelled me to share this story. Just brought back memories I guess...

Say's a lot about this whole shebang that everyone gets excited when a journalist actually asks probing questions of a protagonist and will not accept fluff answers and keeps pressing on with the line of questioning

Wonder if this could bite him in the bum at CAS?

I mean, they should be able to get them transpirt. Not sure CAS would like the idea of the man area the saga, accusing ASADA of destroying documents? I'm sure we can ask the AFL for a backup of the data, and we would find the evidence that ASADA destroyed.

That interview just showed what he really is.

Ok
Hird reckons he's seen spreadsheets with players names and thymomodulin on them which Robson handed to Asada.
Asada says they don't have them says Gerard.
Hird said that the club aren't the ones responsible for destroying records!.
Robbo-that's a big accusation
Hird- it's not an accusation it's a fact!.
Did they have just one printed record of this spreadsheet? Nothing on computer?

Give me a break!

Even somehow true its hard to believe EFC handed over the only solid evidence that could benefit their version of events and didn't think to keep a copy?

Yes, of course. But when you're caught up in a web of lies and are completely defensive, all you do is bark - "prove it", then point the finger somewhere else. It's schoolyard level.

Hence why WADA only need circumstantial evidence to put cheats away (as with Armstrong who we know was never caught with a positive sample). Goodbye Hird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok
Hird reckons he's seen spreadsheets with players names and thymomodulin on them which Robson handed to Asada.
It's good to know then that Essendon FC don't back up their computer systems. I need to get a job in their finance department, just think of all the dodgy invoices I could put through their system and all I have to do to protect myself is just hit delete.

So let me get this right- he clearly accused ASADA of destroying evidence? No way!

Outlandish accusation.

Even somehow true its hard to believe EFC handed over the only solid evidence that could benefit their version of events and didn't think to keep a copy?
It's beyond the pale now. He hears on the grapevine Collingwood are pushing boundaries, and Dank sells him on the idea of stepping over the line just a teensy weensy bit more. Now accusing Asada of borrowing Essendon's paper shredder.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the tv screen, Joe Blow Average buying an Essendon membership wouldn't know TB4 from green tea. Probably throwing cans at the screen in disgust at someone questioning the great man.

Compelling human drama.

There is an excel spreadsheet. But you know microsoft office products unreliable
I think this is the spreadsheet that was hastily put together the same day Dank forged the invoice from Alavi and probably when the photo of "the vial" was taken. I would think that said spreadsheet was actually not considered as a true and proper record of what was given to players.

Ok
So Hird is saying ASADA destroyed evidence and Robson doesnt know how to copy files and there are no other invoices?
The guy is so full of sh*t. How dumb does he think people are.
There are 5,000 unaccounted for injections.

Nazis and the German govt. Where in your post was there mention of state based doping?

And yes, the players are educated to ask. But, and this goes to my somewhat defence of Hird, when they are told they are getting one thing, and they get another, all the checking and due diligence in the world means nothing at this point.

If you want to talk about state-based doping, unless you are aware you are being doped (and you have enquired and been told otherwise), what more can an athlete do? other than ask and check based on what they are told?
They were told they were getting thymosin. Which type?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameday - WADA v AFL360 (EFC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back