Gaming headsets are a must buy

Remove this Banner Ad

Astro's are so friggen awesome it's not worthy of putting Turtle Beach in the same sentence.

However due to the clear Aussie influx since Camo and myself bought them (you know, starting the trend:cool:) they've upped the prices significantly on shipping so it kind of makes them a tough sell.

The A30's will come in at around or just under $280 though and quality wise are no worse than the A40's.

My brother just got a set of MLG A40's from the official site. I think it worked out being $340 by the time you include shipping which was expensive at $76. In say that, they did arrive like 3 days later.

He said the sound is incredible. I'm going to settle for the GOW3 headset though. :D

Did the sound or build quality put you off?

Build quality, the hinge i fixed with super glue but the cord snapping in half means they're now in the bin.

Pity because the sound is excellent and they're comfier than the old headset im using in the mean time, but i want something that wont break on me so im steering clear of turtle beach from now on, you read so much about the poor build quality, i shouldve done my research before throwing away $120 like that.

This is the one I've got.

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/accessories/tritton/ax720-wired-dolby-gaming-heaset-sku-282870/

In comparison to the Turtle beach, far better sound BUT it's not wireless

Im another vote for the Trittons, i run the Ax Pros http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/accessories/tritton/axpro-dolby-5-1-wired-gaming-headset-sku-282876/
and the sound and quality are great.
Movies on these things are seriously good too.
Also being able to take off the Mic to watch a movie is a bonus imo.
Advice-check out o/s stores when buying, i saved over $120

Build quality, the hinge i fixed with super glue but the cord snapping in half means they're now in the bin.

Pity because the sound is excellent and they're comfier than the old headset im using in the mean time, but i want something that wont break on me so im steering clear of turtle beach from now on, you read so much about the poor build quality, i shouldve done my research before throwing away $120 like that.

You know they have 1 year warranty right?

JB are replacing my other ones tomorrow and Turtle Beach were also willing to replace it.

Since I already bought another pair I'm going to walk out with the replacement ones and go back in 5 minutes later for a refund :D

Mine was a PX21, so it's not just a P11 problem. They are hit and miss some people here are 1 year in and still going strong.

Yeah I'm 7 months in with my P11's and still good.* A month or so ago I stopped getting sound in the left ear and started panicking, unplugged everything and plugged it in again and all good.

* Will now explode the next time I use them.

they look pretty good and have solid reviews but what else have you been looking at that you can buy local for about the 160 mark?

i've heard very good things about trittons though so they may indeed be your best bet at around that price point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah the astros are pretty pricey even before adding the shipping to it....and the shipping is lubriciously expensive.

i reckon the trittons will be good...seem to fit all your requirements and at minimum are a quality midrange set which you'll be able to use on all of your systems.

Just returned a set of Px21's and exchanged them for x12's.
The px21 were stuffed, fell apart.
Turns out, IMO, the x12s are at least the equal of or better than the px21.
The x12s are $30 cheaper
Sound is good.
The ear cup and speakers are bigger than the 21s so they sit around your ear as opposed to on them. The x12s are a hell of a lot more comfy overall.
Also seem to be a more solid headset.
The x12s also work on my laptop which is great!
All in all the x12>>>>>px21
Much better value overall

Anyone here got a pair of P11's?

Reason I ask is, can anyone get the chat volume slider working on theirs? No matter what game I play the game and chat volume is all controlled by the game control slider, leaving the chat volume slider useless and me unable to change the game and chat volumes separately.

Sony 7.1 wireless headset >>>>>>> your caveman corded shit :p

But nah im really impressed with the official Sony ones, the sound is better than the PX21s

tossed up between the px21's and the sony ones. picked the px21's and 3 months later they are already broken. duct tape allover them.

Just announced this morning. Ozgameshop.com are selling the new Sony headset for $100.
I can strongly recommend them....! :thumbsu:

Just announced this morning. Ozgameshop.com are selling the new Sony headset for $100.
I can strongly recommend them....! :thumbsu:

Thanks, I have purchased.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaming headsets are a must buy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back