Garlick Resigns...

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone hearing anything in regards to who we're looking at?

Not sure. I haven't heard anything. There is always a possibility Garlo could come back on the board in the future as a Bulldog mate was telling me that it wasn't because he was unhappy - they just need someone with more gaming experience when the Edgewater facility at Maribyrnong is up and running.

So, are you guys saying he's clearing the air before becoming our CEO? (Or that Garlick left because we've been rorting the salary cap?) Or something completely different...?

I heard that, due to our young list, Garlo stepped down to make an onfield comeback at Footscray. C Grant will also play a few games this year - you heard it here first!

Be still, my heart. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be happy to have Brian Waldron. As has been mentioned, he was considered the best administrator in the land. You don't lose that ability and coupled with the kick in the pants he got, he'd be not only a great administrator, but a diligent one too. He has a habit of creating winning cultures and he would represent the club in media better than just about anyone else I can think of. Clearly he's his own man which may conflict with Gordon's wont to be the main man, but let's see how it plays out. I personally think the club would be derelict in its duties not to at least look at him.

Ta, that's what I thought, but then I second-guessed myself thinking what I was reading between the lines had other lines in between, or something along those lines.

I'd heard his name mentioned twice in relation to us over the past week.

Then he bobs up out of nowhere today to "clear the air".

Could be coincidence.

Might not be.

I'm all for it, either way.

BW should have been banned from involvement in sport in Australia in my opinion and as such I don't think we should touch him with a ten foot pole but I think success trumps morality in modern sport.
Regrettably :( What is the world coming to?

I'd heard his name mentioned twice in relation to us over the past week.

Then he bobs up out of nowhere today to "clear the air".

Could be coincidence.

Might not be.

I'm all for it, either way.
Interesting , I'd also heard him mentioned in relation to our role last week from someone at the AFL

"Brian Waldron's vindication - disgraced former Melbourne Storm salary cap cheat takes Footscray from cellar-dwellers to alpha-Dogs. But first, Marcus Bontempelli, Jack Macrae and Jake Stringer show us around their new eastern suburbs mansions before taking us out on their boats! Up next on Seven News."

Remove this Banner Ad

Garlick Resigns...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back