Autopsy Gather Round vs Fremantle @ Norwood Oval - 14/04/23 - 5:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

No tabs for freo, he's s**t anyways but does provide structure for them.

They'll basically go in with Jackson & Amiss who have played probably a combined 10 games full time key forward.

Brodie has flown over so he'll most likely come in.

Hopefully Ellis is fit to go, he'll solve our width problem, will provide extra leadership. Wouldn't mind seeing Lemmens/Farrar in too.

Narrow ground with rainy conditions, just pick some hardened men, go hard and our bomb it long and lock it in. game plan will work this week
Ellis for Ace and it's already a better line up, no offence to the kid.
Hopefully Witts is right to go.

Agree Ellis on a wing helps with our structure, hollands isn't working he's a fwd/mid and might need a run in the 2s to get some confidence back. Play Ellis on the outer wing majority of the game and Weller/Powell the other. Can see lemmens getting a gig, someone who's happy to lock down and play team footy. Want to see some composure with the footy even though the small ground may make it tough. Even a long bomb can have some direction and thought process to advantage a forward.

No tabs for freo, he's s**t anyways but does provide structure for them.

They'll basically go in with Jackson & Amiss who have played probably a combined 10 games full time key forward.

Brodie has flown over so he'll most likely come in.

Hopefully Ellis is fit to go, he'll solve our width problem, will provide extra leadership. Wouldn't mind seeing Lemmens/Farrar in too.

Narrow ground with rainy conditions, just pick some hardened men, go hard and our bomb it long and lock it in. game plan will work this week

Thanks for that info.
Be interested in how we set up..

Farrar collins macpherson
Weller Ballard long
Ellis miller powell
Ainsworth casboult lukosius
sexton king Holman

witts anderson rowell

swallow Humphrey chol

(pick 2 of Jeffrey/rosas/fiorini/blakely/uwland/sharp) depending on ground/weather/opposition)

Uwland Collins Macpherson
Weller Ballard Lukosius
Ellis Miller powell
Ainsworth Casboult Holman
Sexton McLaughlin Rosa’s

Witts Anderson Rowell

Swallow Humphrey Faulkhead Jeffery

Shorter faster more aggressive

That's a lot of kids two weeks in a row, Ben.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Uwland Collins Macpherson
Weller Ballard Lukosius
Ellis Miller powell
Ainsworth Casboult Holman
Sexton McLaughlin Rosa’s

Witts Anderson Rowell

Swallow Humphrey Faulkhead Jeffery

Shorter faster more aggressive
looks good just missing Constable

Lemmens - Collins - MacPherson
Weller - Ballard - Long
Ellis - Miller - Powell
Ainsworth - Casboult - Sexton
Rosas - Chol - Holman

Witts - Anderson - Rowell

Swallow - Humphrey - Lukosius - Blakely

SUB: Farrar

How I would look at lining up if I was coaching. Doubt this happens as there is 0 chance that the likes of King ever get dropped, but also allows us to rotate through Swallow, Humphrey, Weller, and Blakely through the guts, which we seem to be quite reluctant to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually don't mind kreglze's team, blakely is a strong body in the small confines of norwood oval, particularly if it gets wet. Ben drever, yes diabolical.
Not against Blakely but omitting King is suicide. He's one of those rare prodigies you play in to form no matter what. He has a couple passages of play you could highlight as lazy but he's not a lazy player. He's down on confidence just ****ing back him in.

We always talk about Dew focussing on player weaknesses and us losing gems like Brodie as a result but then the BF board want to drop Ben King or move him to defence. Gimme a break.

Drop King and bring in Sam Day I reckon.

Not against Blakely but omitting King is suicide. He's one of those rare prodigies you play in to form no matter what. He has a couple passages of play you could highlight as lazy but he's not a lazy player. He's down on confidence just ******* back him in.

We always talk about Dew focussing on player weaknesses and us losing gems like Brodie as a result but then the BF board want to drop Ben King or move him to defence. Gimme a break.

Yeah agree on King, he's just as likely to rip a game apart. I didn't mind the defence call might just free him up a bit. Would be tough being a tall forward with the quality of kicking coming in.

Luke Ryan been nursing a back injury all year, could be a possible out.

Would leave Pearce (Spud) and Cox as their key backs, King has to stay in.

Not against Blakely but omitting King is suicide. He's one of those rare prodigies you play in to form no matter what. He has a couple passages of play you could highlight as lazy but he's not a lazy player. He's down on confidence just ******* back him in.

Just to give more reasoning for my King suggestion. Having watched him live on Saturday for the first time, the bloke looks well short of touch and feel and was a liability out there. Him not being able to bend over pick up a ball and put it through the goals when he had acres of space illustrated that.

I'm not suggesting we move him out for good, but just so he gets that touch and confidence back in his footy because at the moment, he is holding out a bloke who kicked 44 goals last season on the hope it just clicks for him.

Another crazy suggestion is atkins, atleast he tries to find a team mate when he has the ball, sometimes leading to turnovers but we need some composure with the ball.

Just to give more reasoning for my King suggestion. Having watched him live on Saturday for the first time, the bloke looks well short of touch and feel and was a liability out there. Him not being able to bend over pick up a ball and put it through the goals when he had acres of space illustrated that.

I'm not suggesting we move him out for good, but just so he gets that touch and confidence back in his footy because at the moment, he is holding out a bloke who kicked 44 goals last season on the hope it just clicks for him.
I follow your logic and it makes sense but he's just not a player you drop like that. The repercussions could be disastrous and he will find form sooner rather than later.

Chol isn't exactly kicking huge bags in the VFL either. It's not clear cut.

Surely people aren't seriously calling for Ben King to be dropped...

I get that he's playing below the level we've come to expect from him but the ramifications of dropping him right now could have catastrophic consequences.

I want to give sharp another go but it doesn’t seem like the right game for him
Need to play him to up his value to Freo, Cameron can then fight for a 4 rounder for a guy he traded up for at pick 11 wasn’t it?

I follow your logic and it makes sense but he's just not a player you drop like that. The repercussions could be disastrous and he will find form sooner rather than later.

Chol isn't exactly kicking huge bags in the VFL either. It's not clear cut.
Chol also has to ruck, especially in the twos and with Moyle out. He doesn’t just sit forward.

Realistically, I think Chol has to kick out Casboult though, if he wants a spot. Or Luko.

I so want to see a fit King and in-form Chol in the forward line!

Drop King and bring in Sam Day I reckon.
He’s just come back from a serious injury he was always going to take a month or two to find his form and adjust. Dropping him won’t help his confidence whatsoever. He needs time in the senior side to find his feet again. Also King is our future Day is not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Gather Round vs Fremantle @ Norwood Oval - 14/04/23 - 5:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back