GC Suns DT/SC in 2012.

Remove this Banner Ad

Any information about Michael Coad?

Will he potentially have the same role as last year (best 22 pre-injury) even though hes now a rookie? Or will the addition of warnock take away his spot and relegate him to injury cover when needed?

Hows his body tracking this preseason?

Coad will be lucky to get a game, I think.

Matty Warnock apparently training the house down.

Tweet from Campbell Brown regarding SC.

Browndogg_30x: Some Supercoach must haves for this year from Suns. Alex Sexton, Tom lynch, @zacsmith02, @shawryshaw26

Lynch, Smith and Shaw aren't surprising. I personally wouldn't have any of those in my DT (except maybe Smith as a unique pick).

The interesting comment was him mentioning Sexton. Priced at 98k and a MID/FWD dual position, I wasn't sure how much Sexy was going to play. If Brown is saying he's a must-have, I'd definitely put my eye on him. Cash cow all over him.

Thanks for the news and info injuries.

I'm planning on staying away from most GC players, except the guns (Ablett, Bock) and 1 or 2 exciting rookies (Horseley), due to what I expect to be high rotations...would that be expected?

Especially with the depth in the small defender role, can see players getting 3 or 4 games at a time then rotating...

On that, am looking at another solid defender and noticed Harbrow at $400k ish. Didn't catch any AFL last year which makes it a little hard for me but I remember how much I rated Harbrow in his last season as WB.

He is always a 22 starter isn't he? And what are your thoughts on him being freed up this season to play his free running game?

Thanks!

Really interested to hear more stuff about how Zac Smith is tracking this pre-season!? His first year was brilliant and to average 71.9 is pretty outstanding (Cox took 4 years to go over 70).

I had a look at the other rucks without the R11 bye. There's Sandi who may not get as much game time with Clarke and Griffen, and will probably be rested. Mumford who had ridiculously inconsistent scores last year. McEvoy, runs like an old man. Kreuzer, probably will be played predominately as a forward. And then there's Zac Smith who I am thinking could be a genuinely good second ruck.

Is there any chance we could see him take his average to 85-90+ in 2012?

He probably needs to increase his hit-outs avg to over 20 and pick up a few more disposals... I think he can do it but would be interested in hearing from Suns' fans!

EDIT: Talking about DT here

The only 3 Suns players I am choosing for lockout is Gaz (locked in captain), Caddy extreme value as a starting mid and if fighting fit should play 18+ games if his body holds up and finally A.Hall as a fwd bench/emerg (depending on NAB form). If he shows the goods in NAB, he should get 15+ games this season and be a decent cash cow. Gorringe a possibility as a cheap 3rd ruck option to cover byes although GWS Giles is a cheaper option with possibly much better game time.

On that, am looking at another solid defender and noticed Harbrow at $400k ish. Didn't catch any AFL last year which makes it a little hard for me but I remember how much I rated Harbrow in his last season as WB.

He is always a 22 starter isn't he? And what are your thoughts on him being freed up this season to play his free running game?

Thanks!
Yep, he'll play every game this year (depending on injury). He'll have a year of playing with our current group of defenders under his belt, which definitely helps. Last year was a bit of a learning process for all, developing partnerships and gelling as a group. I think if the defenders around him play better, Harbrow will feel more comfortable to take on the game more knowing that he has more confidence in the rest of the back 6.

He was known for his dashes from defense last season, and although he is generally a very good kick there were a few games where he wasn't as precise. I reckon he might be worth picking up, watch out for his NAB cup form, as well as the rest of the GC defenders.

Really interested to hear more stuff about how Zac Smith is tracking this pre-season!? His first year was brilliant and to average 71.9 is pretty outstanding (Cox took 4 years to go over 70).

I had a look at the other rucks without the R11 bye. There's Sandi who may not get as much game time with Clarke and Griffen, and will probably be rested. Mumford who had ridiculously inconsistent scores last year. McEvoy, runs like an old man. Kreuzer, probably will be played predominately as a forward. And then there's Zac Smith who I am thinking could be a genuinely good second ruck.

Is there any chance we could see him take his average to 85-90+ in 2012?

He probably needs to increase his hit-outs avg to over 20 and pick up a few more disposals... I think he can do it but would be interested in hearing from Suns' fans!

EDIT: Talking about DT here
i reckon there's a strong chance that he'll improve this year. no injuries through the offseason so he'll be pretty fit. in my eyes, the only way is up for zac. he's got so much talent and natural athleticism, i think either this year or next he'll take a big step up. think he's more suited to DT over SC as well.

Sorry to intrude! :)

[YOUTUBE]pvJF4CWCjmg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]XD-Kcq2zKxE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]jD8Iq4pU8Xg[/YOUTUBE]

Any feedback is welcome :D

Allen, Sexton, Schade, Hall are players I just dont think will get a game this year. Just a taste in the NAB Cup, and thats it in my opinion.
We obviously want to improve, and I seriously doubt they would be ahead of others who were already on our list and a year ahead of these guys in terms of development and experience.

Particularly when the other boys have had a year under their belt from last year, ala Caddy, Taylor who didnt get much of a run will be certain starters in my team. Plus the inclusions of McQualter, and Warnock who are ahead of the young fellas mentioned at the start.

The only new guys I see getting games are potentially Horsely, and McQualter in the senior side in 2012. Otherwise the young guys will get a run in the NAB cup for maybe 1 or 2 rounds and thats about it.

I will be severley dissapointed if those young guys are thrown into the deep end, when we have players in their 2nd year argueably further developed and playing for their career this year and hoping for contract extensions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allen, Sexton, Schade, Hall are players I just dont think will get a game this year. Just a taste in the NAB Cup, and thats it in my opinion.
We obviously want to improve, and I seriously doubt they would be ahead of others who were already on our list and a year ahead of these guys in terms of development and experience.

Particularly when the other boys have had a year under their belt from last year, ala Caddy, Taylor who didnt get much of a run will be certain starters in my team. Plus the inclusions of McQualter, and Warnock who are ahead of the young fellas mentioned at the start.

The only new guys I see getting games are potentially Horsely, and McQualter in the senior side in 2012. Otherwise the young guys will get a run in the NAB cup for maybe 1 or 2 rounds and thats about it.

I will be severley dissapointed if those young guys are thrown into the deep end, when we have players in their 2nd year argueably further developed and playing for their career this year and hoping for contract extensions.

IMO Allan and Schade are the most likely to not get a game , from all reports Hall will be there rd.1 with Horsley ( if he can get a upgrade ) , Sexton should get 6-7 games under his belt , cant see McQualter getting a look in unless injuries.

Hey there,

Can you guys shed any light on Bennell? (i saw he was mention in the OP but nowhere else) I was a big fan of him as a junior so I know of his massive fantasy potential.

How is his preseason tracking? I read he has moved in with Hunt and this has improved his approach to football, has it reflected on the training track? any PB times or niggles you guys are aware of?

no injuries at all for bennell (that we're aware of). went to arizona, so obviously would have gained from that.

i'm hoping he's still with hunt, though he may have moved out. i'll see if i can find out.

he hasn't really featured in any media promotional material either, seems to be going about his business in a relatively low-key manner.

i'll be going to the intra-club match on saturday, so if he plays i'll let you know how he goes.

Cheers mate. I think it's good he's been a bit under the radar. Probably will benefit a lot from it.

Plus less than 1% of teams have him at the moment. Now that's unique...

Cheers mate. I think it's good he's been a bit under the radar. Probably will benefit a lot from it.

Plus less than 1% of teams have him at the moment. Now that's unique...

I'm still not sure if Harley is a fantasy relevant player yet. If you got points for style, he'd be way up there. When he gets the ball he usually does something very good with it. However, as far as sheer numbers of possessions, he doesn't get that high on a consistant basis.

Will average about 70, I think. Especially since he's in a better spot and the team around him can deliver to him in a better way.

Still living with Hunt, I'm pretty sure.

see how he goes in the nab cup to see if he looks like he might score a bit better this season. he did look pretty good in the intra, but no stats were available to really get a full insight into how he'd go 'fantasy-wise'.

edit: here's what the heraldsun wrote about him, apparently he got 25 touches in the intra.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/nab-cup-supercoach-guide/story-fn88c7kz-1226279814345
Had a SuperCoach average of just 38 last season, so why would you even look at him this year? Hunt has reportedly been training with the midfield group and was best on ground in the Suns' intra-club hitout last weekend, picking up 25 touches and kicking a goal. You would definitely want to see more of that before selecting him, but he could be a serious left-field option.

Hunt could be a cheap option for your 6 or 7th back, especially with increased time in the midfield... Good job security but I have a feeling he is going to turn into a Greg Williams style midfielder... In and under handball machine... I can see him ending up with 20 possessions a game, unfortunately 17 of em handballs which is great for the Suns as a team but crappy in terms of fantasy football... But still a viable option, and I have him on my maybe list... NAB cup will give a better answer.

edit: here's what the heraldsun wrote about him [Karmichael), apparently he got 25 touches in the intra.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/nab-cup-supercoach-guide/story-fn88c7kz-1226279814345

Hunt could be a cheap option for your 6 or 7th back, especially with increased time in the midfield... Good job security but I have a feeling he is going to turn into a Greg Williams style midfielder... In and under handball machine... I can see him ending up with 20 possessions a game, unfortunately 17 of em handballs which is great for the Suns as a team but crappy in terms of fantasy football... But still a viable option, and I have him on my maybe list... NAB cup will give a better answer.

Karmichael was in my team ALL year and didn't play a game....

I am really tempted to have Karmichael....but 200k ..it's a tough call... last year, you can take chances with a three man..but not sure this year... will think about it..BUT geez looks tempting..

Hall looked very good on the weekend. seems to have the composure and skill to get an early break, maybe even rd 1. will be interesting to see how he goes rest of nab cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

GC Suns DT/SC in 2012.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back