GDCA Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha The amount of tripe written in this forum is amazing! It sounds like there are a lot of disgruntled hacks with zero credibility to their comments, who are super quick to bag players and clubs from our association from afar on here. How easy it is to hide behind a User Name and comment from the sidelines...

Get out and get involved within our district, support the players from all clubs to keep the talent in our region. Better yet, let your performances do the talking on a Saturday instead of shooting down the people that try to.

Only then will anyone actually take notice of your comments.

Haha The amount of tripe written in this forum is amazing! It sounds like there are a lot of disgruntled hacks with zero credibility to their comments, who are super quick to bag players and clubs from our association from afar on here. How easy it is to hide behind a User Name and comment from the sidelines...

Get out and get involved within our district, support the players from all clubs to keep the talent in our region. Better yet, let your performances do the talking on a Saturday instead of shooting down the people that try to.

Only then will anyone actually take notice of your comments.

Welcome Bada bing
Nice maiden speech.

Ultimately everyone, with the exception of monkeymate have their heart in the right spot. Just sh*ts and giggles. I’d like to hear more about Hesket and D grade though.

A vast majority of the blokes that I have played against are great value and fantastic to have a beer with after a game. They are the same people that write on this forum. All passionate about the sport, all love their club and most importantly like to win.
Where do you play Badabing? :)

Ha!! He's actually spelt the words correctly... Just used the wrong ones...

As for the thread not progressing knackers...

All i've heard you say is Bacchus Marsh are Strong and Riddell have key players. Woah!! Revelation!! Then you whinged about people talking about D grade. Gee, you really add a lot to the conversation...

speaking of d grade is it true that Woodend are just one hit wonders and flopped against Romsey?

Are many clubs doing this 20-20 tournament? Dont know much about it other than its on thursday nights. When does it all start? Any special rules/restrictions?

It's starting on Tuesday the 2nd of Dec, i know Hesket is playing Romsey at Romsey with the winner going on to play Woodend on the 9th, the other matches in the GDCA are between Sunbury teams.Some of the rules are 1) 5 overs to be bowled before they change what end the bowlers bowl from
2) batsmen to run on and off the pitch
3) no celebrating a wicket with the bowler
4) 4 overs max. per bowler
5) players can wear shorts

It's starting on Tuesday the 2nd of Dec, i know Hesket is playing Romsey at Romsey with the winner going on to play Woodend on the 9th, the other matches in the GDCA are between Sunbury teams.Some of the rules are 1) 5 overs to be bowled before they change what end the bowlers bowl from
2) batsmen to run on and off the pitch
3) no celebrating a wicket with the bowler
4) 4 overs max. per bowler
5) players can wear shorts

So from your post can I gather that there will only be either 5 or 7 teams in the GDCA leg of the competition. Basically the 2 or 4 Sunbury teams play each other in knockout format to play the winner of Woodend vs Romsey/Hesket. The winner of this then goes to the next level. Correct?

Also which club do we think will win a comp like this? Who has players suited to this sort of game? Will clubs get good sides together or just whoever turns up on the day?

And what does - Batsman to run on and off the pitch mean?

So from your post can I gather that there will only be either 5 or 7 teams in the GDCA leg of the competition. Basically the 2 or 4 Sunbury teams play each other in knockout format to play the winner of Woodend vs Romsey/Hesket. The winner of this then goes to the next level. Correct?

Also which club do we think will win a comp like this? Who has players suited to this sort of game? Will clubs get good sides together or just whoever turns up on the day?

And what does - Batsman to run on and off the pitch mean?

It means when you go out you must run off the field, and the incoming batsman must run on the ground to face up.

What time will the games start? In terms of who can play i suppose thats a real big question.

What about Bacchus Marsh? Would have thought they'd easily fill a team and have some BIG hitters.

Any field restrictions? Umpires?

And is it mainly the McIntyre teams being selected or are they selecting from all grades? I know Hesket has D Grade Firsts, but are most teams going with a mix or just their Firsts? Will be interesting to see how the lower grade big hitters go against McIntyre bowlers.

What time will the games start? In terms of who can play i suppose thats a real big question.

What about Bacchus Marsh? Would have thought they'd easily fill a team and have some BIG hitters.

And is it mainly the McIntyre teams being selected or are they selecting from all grades? I know Hesket has D Grade Firsts, but are most teams going with a mix or just their Firsts? Will be interesting to see how the lower grade big hitters go against McIntyre bowlers.

They are lower grade big hitters because they aren't up to McIntyre standard.

6pm start so batting first could be a huge advantage, interesting so few clubs have joined, as it is another trophy up for grabs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know they guys i mean though. They may not be the best batsman in the team by a long shot, usually only have the one shot, and they may not score the most runs, but they usually score them the quickest...

I'm sure there is gonna be a few of them swinging the bat as hard as they can, just to see whether they can smash a McIntyre Bowler for 6. A LOT of bragging rights i'd say.

You know they guys i mean though. They may not be the best batsman in the team by a long shot, usually only have the one shot, and they may not score the most runs, but they usually score them the quickest...

I'm sure there is gonna be a few of them swinging the bat as hard as they can, just to see whether they can smash a McIntyre Bowler for 6. A LOT of bragging rights i'd say.

Typical, bragging rights for closing eyes, running away, and swinging like shit, real talent needed for that. If lower graded blokes wan't to test themselves against good bowlers STOP hidding in lower grades.

What do you mean by "Typical"?

I think you're missing the point. Its not about a lower grade batsman wanting to test themselves at all. And who said anything about players running away and closing their eyes. Surely you're not telling me that everyone under McIntyre cant bat? Its highly doubtful that anyone is going to ask for the call-up to McIntyre after slogging in a Mickey Mouse 20-20 match. Most guys know their place.

Its more about having a beer after the game and letting the McIntyre boys know about it. Don't know about you, but i play cricket for the Mates and Beer. At Woodend we have 2 guys that live in Bacchus Marsh, 1 in Brunswick and 1 that lives in Riddells Creek who all come to Woodend to play cricket with their mates.

Isn't that what Cricket is about?

I think you're missing the point. Its not about a lower grade batsman wanting to test themselves at all. And who said anything about players running away and closing their eyes. Surely you're not telling me that everyone under McIntyre cant bat? Its highly doubtful that anyone is going to ask for the call-up to McIntyre after slogging in a Mickey Mouse 20-20 match. Most guys know their place.

Its more about having a beer after the game and letting the McIntyre boys know about it. Don't know about you, but i play cricket for the Mates and Beer. At Woodend we have 2 guys that live in Bacchus Marsh, 1 in Brunswick and 1 that lives in Riddells Creek who all come to Woodend to play cricket with their mates.

You were the stating earlier about belting a six and bragging rights. So i think i wasn't missing the point.

Totally agree about having a drink and a chat after these sought off games great for those playing and clubs involved.

Used to love the whack a thon at Gissy played years gone by.

Westy used to tell me about those days. Said they got a heap of district cricketers from Collingwood down one year and Lancefield actually beat them in a match that was regarded as the biggest upset in history.

Played in Omni's side CC's one year played against Fitzroy, Watts boys etc shit they could play.(best game of cricket I have been involved in).

Its a pity this isn't still on all the GDCA teams on the hill at Sankey drinking pi55 with "friendly banter" was a ball. 7.30 start in the morn ment there was some interesting innings late in the day. Some off the biggest 6's I have seen were at those days.

I agree and if the lower grade players wanted to hide, and then close their eyes and run away, why would they have put themselves into a competition where they knew they would be facing a McIntyre team?

I agree and if the lower grade players wanted to hide, and then close their eyes and run away, why would they have put themselves into a competition where they knew they would be facing a McIntyre team?

Because it's they way most sloggers in the lower grades bat, get the body out of the way then swing. Batsmen with technique get their bodies in line and still hit massive 6's (Huddle etc)

Because it's they way most sloggers in the lower grades bat, get the body out of the way then swing. Batsmen with technique get their bodies in line and still hit massive 6's (Huddle etc)

Has there ever been anyone that has been able to hit a 6 on every ground in the 1st competition ?

Has there ever been anyone that has been able to hit a 6 on every ground in the 1st competition ?

I know our very own OMNIPOTENT has whacked a fair few A-grade sixes on pretty much every ground.

Lancefield legend Miles Johnstone would have done so in his hey day too.

Of the modern players, the Marsh's Huddle would be close.

Mick Porter was known for whacking them over fences too when he was an A-grader.

Remove this Banner Ad

GDCA Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Back