GDCA Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee Pickles, news travels fast..... It was 0/23 off 2 overs. 3 dropped catches in those 2 overs too.... Who was the tosser that gave you the info!!!!!!!!!!
Junior football - - it is great that Lancefield has its own junior football side, as for Romsey as well. The two towns needed it. As for the new president I haven't got time to scratch my balls let alone be a president. As for the Seniors interviewing 4-5 candidates for the coaching positions this week. With Hollywood more than likely to do the under-18s, Mark Burns and Luke Bakers both put in for the reserves and 4 ladies put in for the netball jobs. Tough week this week:confused:
Me and the great chickybabe and the cherubs are off to Tassie for 8 days talk to you when i get back. Also Jed did bowl very well and he bowled the last over with 7 runs to get and 3 wickets in hand and he bowled magnificently the big unit. he has been waiting all his life for that moment in sport - - hes a great man:p:p:D

Have fun in Tassie pal. Never forget this: just becaue I'm 2500km away, doesn't mean I don't follow what's happening back home. Got to keep you blokes on your toes!

Bit harsh on poor old Kev there, I know it's nice to see the man make a duck, but surely he is only the GDCA's 2nd fav bloke, behind the ROCKETMAN!! :thumbsu:
The greatest thing to every crawl out of the bush surrounding Colac, so he says.

Ahh the rocket! Even better bloke then cricketer, and thats saying something. :eek: What a speed hump and an accumulator of runs.

Rumour has it, when announcing the results last week at the marsh clubrooms rocket recieved a funeral like reception for his ton.

Whats the go at Sunbury united? Saw R Billinghurst (some would say the better Billinghurst) is playing in the seconds and making runs? Is he skipper? Chasing a trophy? Discipline reasons? Speaking of trophy hunters, who are the greatest? i know there are some blokes playing 3-4 grades below where they should be at? T Shipp for one. Name and shame......

Whats the go at Sunbury united? Saw R Billinghurst (some would say the better Billinghurst) is playing in the seconds and making runs? Is he skipper? Chasing a trophy? Discipline reasons? Speaking of trophy hunters, who are the greatest? i know there are some blokes playing 3-4 grades below where they should be at? T Shipp for one. Name and shame......

ryan is not skipper of the 2nds and no doubt will be back in the 1's in the coming weeks . The reason for Ryan starting in th 2nds is that he missed all of preseason due to a knee injury that kepted him out for 8 weeks. Obviously a fine knock on the weekend too bad the Cox Plate is a calling this week LOL

bacchus marsh dominace?

not playing cricket for a few years has given me a lesser insight to the GDCA and its players. but iv heard some good things about bacchus marsh, with huge depth and young talent rising into the first grades, could this be a club that can dominate for years to come?

Re: bacchus marsh dominace?

not playing cricket for a few years has given me a lesser insight to the GDCA and its players. but iv heard some good things about bacchus marsh, with huge depth and young talent rising into the first grades, could this be a club that can dominate for years to come?

No..

Keep hearing all these murmurs about how lancefield D grade has the best bowling side in the grade, but seeing as though Hesket made 318 against them on sat with extras being second top scorer at 54!!!, they have a lot of work to do. They also dropped ten ( yes ten ) catches and the second opening bowler bowled 12 no balls in his first two overs, although I was told he had his appendix out 3 weeks ago, regardless no one stepped up to help him, except for g banger who bowled like a champion all day ( and had me caught behind ). I guess they do need pickles, although ive never seen him play.

Keep hearing all these murmurs about how lancefield D grade has the best bowling side in the grade, but seeing as though Hesket made 318 against them on sat with extras being second top scorer at 54!!!, they have a lot of work to do. They also dropped ten ( yes ten ) catches and the second opening bowler bowled 12 no balls in his first two overs, although I was told he had his appendix out 3 weeks ago, regardless no one stepped up to help him, except for g banger who bowled like a champion all day ( and had me caught behind ). I guess they do need pickles, although ive never seen him play.

Trust me, they do not need me. I have never been able to bowl and simply can't bat at the moment. Not saying they'll make the 318 runs, but don't write off the Tigers just yet. Lancefield is still a new club with a lot of young blokes so they'll only keep improving as the season unfolds. If they make the finals it will be a good achievement. For a club that didn't exist just over two seasons ago, they have moved through the grades rather successfully.

Trust me, they do not need me. I have never been able to bowl and simply can't bat at the moment. Not saying they'll make the 318 runs, but don't write off the Tigers just yet. Lancefield is still a new club with a lot of young blokes so they'll only keep improving as the season unfolds. If they make the finals it will be a good achievement. For a club that didn't exist just over two seasons ago, they have moved through the grades rather successfully.
True, although I'd say D grade will be as far as they go for the moment.

Lets talk about the old bloke Dale Thornton’s performance on the weekend, 6 wickets on Saturday against rupo, I heard rupo had a bit of a collapse in the middle order due to some tight bowling from the big fella its always nice to hear that rupo got knocked over for less then 150, I wish I was there to see it, don’t worry though ill be down there on Saturday having a beer celebrating the win for the dragons.

You make some valid points but Hesket hardly in position to talk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes i agree that some people are out there playing lower grades that definataly have te talent there just chasing a trophy

Jaryd Highland for Hesket d's would walk into any Mcintyre 1st team

Bunter from Bacchus Marsh C Grade should be playing McIntyre!!

I'm the Best Batsman in the GDCA and dont mind saying he hit me four times on the inner thigh. Even knocked me off my feet with a yorker.

Second Best to Wadden in Bowlers i've Faced...

well this brings us on to the discussion of who is playing macs now who should be playing in lower grades? I could name a few that springs to my head straight away not just based on skill but on dicapline reasons aswell this is a couple of blokes i thort of:
Kevin Barker
Rocket
WHAT OTHER PLAYERS SPRING TO EVERYBODYS MIND?

Lets talk about the old bloke Dale Thornton’s performance on the weekend, 6 wickets on Saturday against rupo, I heard rupo had a bit of a collapse in the middle order due to some tight bowling from the big fella its always nice to hear that rupo got knocked over for less then 150, I wish I was there to see it, don’t worry though ill be down there on Saturday having a beer celebrating the win for the dragons.

Good result for the Dragons... will they push a second innings??

No one likes to see a sunbury club succeed.

Flag odds
Gisborne $2.50
The Marsh $3.30
Riddell $9.00
Woodend $11.00
United $15.00
Macedon $35.00
Rupertswood 35.00
Romsey $71.00

What you think?

Good result for the Dragons... will they push a second innings??

No one likes to see a sunbury club succeed.

Flag odds
Gisborne $2.50
The Marsh $3.30
Riddell $9.00
Woodend $11.00
United $15.00
Macedon $35.00
Rupertswood 35.00
Romsey $71.00

What you think?

Macedon should be second faves behind the Marsh.

The market should look a little bit like this:

Bacchus Marsh $3
Macedon $4.50
Gisborne $6.50
Riddell $6.50
United $10
Rupertswood $15
Woodend $15
Romsey $30

Don't forget that since A-grade turned to McIntyre, Gisborne has made just one finals appearance. That is frankly disgraceful. The Marsh deserve favouritism and Macedon have plenty of firepower with Belcher, Dodd, Axton, Smits, Toholka, Nobel and co.

You boys have to have a think about these odds before you post.

Bacchus Marsh, last 2 premierships, picked up players, best team in the comp, quite comfortably.
Woodend - played in 4 of the last 5 grand finals, always a powerhouse, doubt they will fall far as they know how to win
Riddell - only side in the last 5 years to compete with the above 2, still have the most damaging bowler in the comp.
Macedon - Always up and down out of Macs, still reliant on Belch making 100's
Gisborne - They last made the finals when? and have picked up who? Heavily reliant on the skipper who is however a gun bat.
United - Lost their strike bowler, probably slip back to middle of the pack
Rupo - Struggling this year, do compete well though
Romsey - Can't see much going right here this year.

Wallan's results in the B grade do show a big gap between the first 2 grades. Smashed Diggers who are always strong at that level.

Macedon should be second faves behind the Marsh.

The market should look a little bit like this:

Bacchus Marsh $3
Macedon $4.50
Gisborne $6.50
Riddell $6.50
United $10
Rupertswood $15
Woodend $15
Romsey $30

Don't forget that since A-grade turned to McIntyre, Gisborne has made just one finals appearance. That is frankly disgraceful. The Marsh deserve favouritism and Macedon have plenty of firepower with Belcher, Dodd, Axton, Smits, Toholka, Nobel and co.
Smits couldnt play cricket if his life depended on it.

This is my predicted finish

Marsh- Too strong their past shows that

Riddell- Very dangerous and have key players that will fire also a good point by tweezers only side to compete with Marsh and Woodend

Gisborne- Skipper is in great form and bowlers are doing well

Rupo- Yes, they havent had the best start but do fight and once their batting order gets going and in some form along with their new coach who is spoke highly of and expected to perform they will be strong

Macedon- Early form shows they can match it with the McIntyre powerhouses and will be a good side, great depth in the side

Woodend- Top batting lineup but i find it hard to see how they are going to bowl out sides every week

United- Its hard with them without Hughesy this year and I dont agree with the side they have in at the moment.. a few players in the seconds should be playing 1s if they want success

Romsey- Just dont think this is their year!

bacchus marsh will win the flag comfortably, could be for the next couple of years also.
basically their second side scored 300 against Romsey the other week, no chance of them loosing it.
apparently new young quick bowler too?...

Remove this Banner Ad

GDCA Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Back