GDCA Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Well here come Rupo. I have heard that H. Boffey has been bowling with some real heat and fury this year. Are Rupo the real deal? Or are they just a bunch of cow corner sloggers that are only good at the one day form of the game. Have you seen their ground its a disgrace there is enough cabbage to feed 100 cows or more. United pitiful for only making 112 for 6 chasing a pultry 132 who was playing for the red ink I demand and inquiry into that result. As for H Grade cricket H = Hack. I see Tylden ones lost on the weekend are they still on track for the premiership?

Does anyone else think the level of A Grade McIntyre cricket has dropped significantly in the last 10 years. It appears now that some of the districts best players are in B grade and in actual fact there is very little difference at all between Macs and B. The days of all top grade teams havin one express pace bowler is gone and in some cases teams had at least two tearaway quicks (eg. woodend and the pikes).

Do any teams have gun youngsters? All I hear with the macs are the same old names.

I feel any gun youngsters coming through the GDJCA u/16's system are whisked off down town to mellow in the thirds and fourths at some district or sub-district team. In many cases if the juniors stay in their own club system they will actually get a chance at playing in the ones and twos.

Think that you are spot on about the standard of cricket in this comp dropping ILD, but dead wrong about Mac's being the same as B grade. Yes occasionally you will get a top class player in the 2's, eg B.Hanson, B.McDorman, P.Tyler but if you ask any that have played both grades recently, especially in the same year and they will tell you of the difference.

As for the dropping standard of the comp, I think it is just a transition period. For so long the same blokes were the main players in each team young players didn't have the chance to develop. You look at most teams now and there more important players would be under the age of 23. Gisborne - Harmon, Rupo - Barker, Macedon - Toholka (besides belch), Woodend - Massina, Wallan - Hansen, Riddell - Fisk (with waddsies demise), Diggers - Dowsett.

In many cases (but not all) I would say many of the juniors who leave this district are the second tier junior players who are not quite good enough to play ones, so the go down to play 'better cricket' in the 4ths in Melbourne! The best junior batsman that I have seen come out of this comp in the past 6-7 years is now captain at Gisborne.

Take Woodend for an example, currently besides probably 3 to 4 players everyone in the side is under 23. Eastley, Massina, Else, Stembridge, Fuller, Morley and all of them have a purpose in the side. Just about every side has a promising young batsman under 19 and the same with bowlers. BM is really the only side with a team full of experienced players.

AS for boff, I have heard that they are coming out particularly quickly this year.:D
He is probably another the good player under the age of 23, even though he seems like he has been around forever!

Well Well here come Rupo. I have heard that H. Boffey has been bowling with some real heat and fury this year. Are Rupo the real deal? Or are they just a bunch of cow corner sloggers that are only good at the one day form of the game. Have you seen their ground its a disgrace there is enough cabbage to feed 100 cows or more. United pitiful for only making 112 for 6 chasing a pultry 132 who was playing for the red ink I demand and inquiry into that result. As for H Grade cricket H = Hack. I see Tylden ones lost on the weekend are they still on track for the premiership?

I gotta admit Rupo are travelling a bit better then I thought they would. They have to win some 2 dayers before they can really be classed as a threat. Can't see them competing with BM or Gisborne though. Maybe Gisborne are actually a bit stronger then everyone thought and just might be able to challenge BM for the crown. They were stiff to go down on the weekend.

Tylden did have another loss which is dissapointing. They do have what it takes to be the top team and there bowling has been very good. There batting how ever has been letting them down alot with the 2 openers only making 12 and 19 on the weekend then the skipper was run out for 1. Rod Clifford has beenthe pick of the bowlers with his figures at 10 for 60 for the year. will be interesting to see how they take on trevor shipp and his crew this satday.

Yeah i agree, reckon we should stop watering grounds and bring back the good old days of yellow grass and dust. See some value for shots. cough cough.....
Get serious... you should probably be more appreciative of the grounds we have in this comp. Most, if not all 1st grounds on recycled water, head down town and many don't. Both teams would have experienced the same conditions...
Is that sunbury's boffey? He use to send down some good 'quickness' but i thought he was a slow bowler now, bowling in a spinner type role. Might have the wrong bloke.
United dark horse for the flag. Onedayers mean nothing.

Does anyone else think the level of A Grade McIntyre cricket has dropped significantly in the last 10 years. It appears now that some of the districts best players are in B grade and in actual fact there is very little difference at all between Macs and B. The days of all top grade teams havin one express pace bowler is gone and in some cases teams had at least two tearaway quicks (eg. woodend and the pikes).

Totaly agree and its a bigger drop again compared to the GDCA of the 80's, maybe the Marsh are the only team that would win a game against any of the teams from the top grade. If anyone want's to disagree give us your club and will match it from the 80's no comparison.

Hesket must be struggling if they are getting beaten by Woodend's 3rd's, they normally manage to put a reasonable side on the park but obviously they haven't this year.
Havent this year?, First loss of the season mate after four wins in a row. Just because they are heskets first side dont mean they are a higher level of team than anyone else in D grade. Woodend played better plain and simple, how about showing them some respect aswell, they had a good team on sat.

Good Win for Woodend against Hesket on the weekend. After being set 213 by Hesket, looked to be down and out at drinks with only 70 or so runs. Some Big hitting by Big Wayno with 55no saw Woodend hit 130 in the last 15 overs... Ex-Captain, Gordon Oreo showed true class under pressure came in at the end to seal the game with the winning run in the last over.

Would like to thank Hesket for putting on a great feed and raising money for the Woodend boys who are doing Movember. Its great to see there is still mateship in cricket.

Chinese Cut I am all for watering of sportsfields and its great to see the quality of surfaces that GDCA has for its top grade cricket. However the Rupo ground appears to be mis managed. I would have thought a Catholic school with perhaps its own groundsman would be able to mow the oval regularly enough to keep it at an appropriate height for cricket as it is not reliant on council protocol that dictates when their playing fields can be mown.

On the rumor mill I hear a set of brothers who left a club are regretting their decision to leave as since they have left the club the team has been undefeated and looking good for finals action.

It is good to see perennial cellar dweller Gisborne get off to a great start this year, maybe finally after years of trying to chase D and E grade premierships they are actually putting their energies into winning a MacIntyre title.

Good Win for Woodend against Hesket on the weekend. After being set 213 by Hesket, looked to be down and out at drinks with only 70 or so runs. Some Big hitting by Big Wayno with 55no saw Woodend hit 130 in the last 15 overs... Ex-Captain, Gordon Oreo showed true class under pressure came in at the end to seal the game with the winning run in the last over.

Would like to thank Hesket for putting on a great feed and raising money for the Woodend boys who are doing Movember. Its great to see there is still mateship in cricket.

I think you've neglected the innings of Tufnell at the end of the match, it was far more important than Tapas who really just delayed the result by missing a easy delivery down the leg side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad luck to Gisbone this week going down to BM right at the end this weekend, Very unlucky boys.

Witch brings me onto To the good old clash of RUPO V UNITED
Very low scoring game by the looks of it.
Has Rupo got what it takes to play with the big dogs this year?
Has United got what it takes to play with the big dogs this year?

Rupo yes, united definitely not I nearly put them down as low as romsey witch I am surprised that they haven’t decided to quit the association until they get their act together. Truly a disrespectful and disgraceful excuse of a cricket team Romsey.

It's shocking to hear that romsey beat woodend on the weekend does anybody no the details? SURLEY woodend must have had some type of injury involved in the top 10 players of their club

Regarding the grounds if anybody has played on gisbone this year it’s an absolute treat, great value for shots aswell.
I’ve only been down to rupo once this year and yes it definitely looked pitiful , considering the ground is on a prestige private school it should be in top shape instead the whole ground looks like some sort of duck waste farm.
I’m actually surprised that I didn’t hear that young Brent b was down there trying to sabotage the game for the other teams in the association.

As for heath boffey I have only scene him bowl once this season but yes he is bowling incredible slow. But he does bowl the right areas.

Since I used to play the wonderful game of cricket , the standard of cricket has definitely decreased but the future for the association looks great there are allot of young kids going through the ranks lets hope we don’t loose them all to the Melbourne teams.

After this weekend results do anybody have a new opinion of the odds?

Bad luck to Gisbone this week going down to BM right at the end this weekend, Very unlucky boys.

Witch brings me onto To the good old clash of RUPO V UNITED
Very low scoring game by the looks of it.
Has Rupo got what it takes to play with the big dogs this year?
Has United got what it takes to play with the big dogs this year?

Rupo yes, united definitely not I nearly put them down as low as romsey witch I am surprised that they haven’t decided to quit the association until they get their act together. Truly a disrespectful and disgraceful excuse of a cricket team Romsey.

It's shocking to hear that romsey beat woodend on the weekend does anybody no the details? SURLEY woodend must have had some type of injury involved in the top 10 players of their club

Regarding the grounds if anybody has played on gisbone this year it’s an absolute treat, great value for shots aswell.
I’ve only been down to rupo once this year and yes it definitely looked pitiful , considering the ground is on a prestige private school it should be in top shape instead the whole ground looks like some sort of duck waste farm.
I’m actually surprised that I didn’t hear that young Brent b was down there trying to sabotage the game for the other teams in the association.

As for heath boffey I have only scene him bowl once this season but yes he is bowling incredible slow. But he does bowl the right areas.

Since I used to play the wonderful game of cricket , the standard of cricket has definitely decreased but the future for the association looks great there are allot of young kids going through the ranks lets hope we don’t loose them all to the Melbourne teams.

After this weekend results do anybody have a new opinion of the odds?
What has happened in your life to make you such a bitter and pathetic person? Lists of people you hate. Clubs you hate. Really is alot of hate in you . It seems to me that you need some love in your life you miserable piece of #*%$ . Another cheap shot at Brent, and another dig at Romsey.You seem to have such concerns about the game maybe you could jump in your car and come down to Romsey meet young Brent and his old man, catch up with "who framed darly b " and feel the love at the GREAT ROMSEY CRICKET CLUB.

Monkeymate, you are a goose.

I'm no longer associated with Romsey CC but I will happily put my name to this and say the Redbacks are a bloody brilliant cricket club with some terrific blokes and a good culture. I don't know why you are obsessed with bagging a 16-year-old kid who is doing his best to make it at McIntyre level, but it's just nonsense. This kid is shy, not known to drink and you are just spinning crap for no apparent reason. Guys like Paul Pinder, Geoff Pitts, Rob McIntyre, Terry Brady, Tim McCarthy etc. are no longer in the firsts but are life members and would be disgusted to hear of your comments. I played cricket for Romsey for nearly 10 years my most fondest cricket memories are with a Redbacks cap on. Unless you have something positive to add to this thread, don't bother. Romsey might not be the strongest club in the GDCA at the moment, but they'll bounce back.

Chinese Cut I am all for watering of sportsfields and its great to see the quality of surfaces that GDCA has for its top grade cricket. However the Rupo ground appears to be mis managed. I would have thought a Catholic school with perhaps its own groundsman would be able to mow the oval regularly enough to keep it at an appropriate height for cricket as it is not reliant on council protocol that dictates when their playing fields can be mown.

On the rumor mill I hear a set of brothers who left a club are regretting their decision to leave as since they have left the club the team has been undefeated and looking good for finals action.

It is good to see perennial cellar dweller Gisborne get off to a great start this year, maybe finally after years of trying to chase D and E grade premierships they are actually putting their energies into winning a MacIntyre title.

"left a club" ILD, or do you mean left Rupo and went to Gisborne?????

Can everyone stop talking about Hesket D grade because no one really cares.. I cant see this thread making much progress if Hesket D grade is the main topic
Ive looked and there is about 6or7 posts relating to hesket d grade, if peolple want to talk about it thats what a blog/forum/thread is for isnt it? Its not for sooks like u, get over it mate.:p

Monkeymate, you are a goose.

I'm no longer associated with Romsey CC but I will happily put my name to this and say the Redbacks are a bloody brilliant cricket club with some terrific blokes and a good culture. I don't know why you are obsessed with bagging a 16-year-old kid who is doing his best to make it at McIntyre level, but it's just nonsense. This kid is shy, not known to drink and you are just spinning crap for no apparent reason. Guys like Paul Pinder, Geoff Pitts, Rob McIntyre, Terry Brady, Tim McCarthy etc. are no longer in the firsts but are life members and would be disgusted to hear of your comments. I played cricket for Romsey for nearly 10 years my most fondest cricket memories are with a Redbacks cap on. Unless you have something positive to add to this thread, don't bother. Romsey might not be the strongest club in the GDCA at the moment, but they'll bounce back.
Too right pickles, get rid of him. I played against romsey D grade two weeks ago and although we beat them they showed a great example of sportsmanship and respectfull cricketers, always have too.

Ha!! He's actually spelt the words correctly... Just used the wrong ones...

As for the thread not progressing knackers...

All i've heard you say is Bacchus Marsh are Strong and Riddell have key players. Woah!! Revelation!! Then you whinged about people talking about D grade. Gee, you really add a lot to the conversation...

Havent this year?, First loss of the season mate after four wins in a row. Just because they are heskets first side dont mean they are a higher level of team than anyone else in D grade. Woodend played better plain and simple, how about showing them some respect aswell, they had a good team on sat.

No i'm sorry Every Ready he makes a very valid point, they usually put a good side out but this year they are struggling. But look all good teams slide, look at Woodend 1st team , 3 grand final losses in a row and now they fail to beat at best a B grade Romsey team.

Remove this Banner Ad

GDCA Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Back