spider36

Senior List
May 28, 2007
Lovely Banks
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Teesdale Cricket Club
I believe their new asst. coach is Adam Coles who I've been told is as hard as they come. They have a CHB and 2 blokes from corio. Also 2 from
Smitty's (coach) old club bacchus marsh. As for the meet the coach day, just an excuse to get pissed I reckon. Knowing smitty though, he'll make at least 8 goals difference per game. Spotted him out a few times bustin' the lungs and the knee looked micky mouse.That only puts them 8 goals down from there. Rumor has it a few of the blokes who walked out last year might be making a return to the blues den. Time will tell. As much as I love the bloke I still pick them to finish last. Close behind g/west or belmont who will take a huge dive. Sorry boys :(

Hello all. This is my first post since standing aside as the Pres of the MIGHTY LIONS. Just thought I'd get in early before people like Kamal Tow here want to predict the demise of the LIONS. New coaches, new era. The lads are working hard to recruit and by all reports, are having a bit of success. For those who are interested, there is a meet the coach day on this Sunday (26th) at the Belmont Hotel (2pm start). Haven't disappeared totally from the committee though. If you are in the neighborhood next season, come say g'day to the jolly fat prick running the bar. If you have been nice to me over the most enjoyable banter I have encountered for the past 18 months or so, I may even put my hand in my pocket and by you a cold one (nothing free at the LIONS DEN!). Look forward to many more enjoyable posts from my new, less stressful position, behind the bar.

Re: Geelong and District Football League 2

good stuff. I would've like to be there but the beers taste so much better in Winchelsea (so i am told) as they are having their meet the coach day too. Plus I might actually get a game there too.
hey kamal tow how was the winch meet the coach day how many nos did they get 15

Corio have spoken to every player 23 and under and a few over 23 from Nth Shore. Nicholls is trying to get em there, but i heard from a Shore supporter they are not happy with Bill because he said he was only going for 1 year to mix it up a bit and now his trying to poach players. Remember were you come from!

maybe north shore should remember were most of there best footballers originally come from and im not talking about this year im talking over the past 30 years so maybe its time for corio to get some players from them.
Billy told nth that he was going to corio for 1 year maybe 2 years if he liked the first year. He loved it and was the first to sign for 2009, Billy has been great for us and has always said to us and nth that he will go back to nth and he told nth that the first week after finals that he was staying at corio for 1 more year and was going back to nth in 2010, he has been very honest and loyal to nth shore so i wouldnt go around saying to much about him as you might burn the bridges and never get him back and that would be a huge loss.

Not sure geelong flyer, was too hung over from too many mojito's at beav's bar and hugged the couch all afternoon.
Had a mate who headed down he said it was a pretty casual and quiet affair! Knowing a few of the Winch boys I'm guessing there would of been a few hungover and avoided the day, prob had about 20 players there and a few other club people from all reports the coach seems like a good bloke.

maybe north shore should remember were most of there best footballers originally come from and im not talking about this year im talking over the past 30 years so maybe its time for corio to get some players from them.
Billy told nth that he was going to corio for 1 year maybe 2 years if he liked the first year. He loved it and was the first to sign for 2009, Billy has been great for us and has always said to us and nth that he will go back to nth and he told nth that the first week after finals that he was staying at corio for 1 more year and was going back to nth in 2010, he has been very honest and loyal to nth shore so i wouldnt go around saying to much about him as you might burn the bridges and never get him back and that would be a huge loss.

How old is Billy anyway ?? He would see himself playing out his days in the red & white jumper wouldn`t he - why would he go back to the GFL at his age?

Im not a Nth supporter mate so why would i care. I was only saying what i got told from a good source. Can you please name some of these "best" footballers Nth Shore have got from Corio (besides Franky)? And they would of left Corio to play a better standard anyway.

the list is too long ask your good source. i agree about the better standard thats why we let all our players go when they want to have a crack at gfl but nth have short memories when our guys or there guys want to come across to corio

Im not a Nth supporter mate so why would i care. I was only saying what i got told from a good source. Can you please name some of these "best" footballers Nth Shore have got from Corio (besides Franky)? And they would of left Corio to play a better standard anyway.
Tyquin best full forward in history, Boothroyd, Kershaw, Purcell just to name a few!

Didn't Purcell (Kane) play senior footy at Nth Shore when he was playing juniors? Under 16 or 18's? And i heard Verner and Moreland are heading to Nth Shore, unsure on how true!
yeah he played in a couple of flags i think, and won a couple of b/f's to all whilst he was under 20, haven't heard anything bout verner and moreland, so not sure how true that is

Had a mate who headed down he said it was a pretty casual and quiet affair! Knowing a few of the Winch boys I'm guessing there would of been a few hungover and avoided the day, prob had about 20 players there and a few other club people from all reports the coach seems like a good bloke.

Yeah it was pretty casual. Those numbers were about right too. I did spot an old grey haired grandpa bloke there, smashin up frothies like it was his last day before being posted to the ass end of the earth to fight some war he didn't want to be in. You might spot the silver haired sovereign running around and having a kick at geelong ammo's ground tonight from 6pm. Supposedly the boys are congregating for a casual skills sesh.
Why not join em'.
Skanky bitch will be there slotting goals from the boundary and hitting targets like russell mark in the olympics!!

Didn't Purcell (Kane) play senior footy at Nth Shore when he was playing juniors? Under 16 or 18's? And i heard Verner and Moreland are heading to Nth Shore, unsure on how true!
Purcell started little league there, good to c north shore picking up some hard players in Moreland and Verner they should be trying to recruit experienced players looks like another long year fir the seagulls:eek:

Apparently Geelong West are looking for a new coach. Sheedy has moved interstate for work...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So when did Purcel play at Corio? Theres a couple of more names that were mentioned as well in Matty Wade and young Hylet from Inverleigh and another player coming back to the club????? And you might find H Hardman back at the Magpies this year with the signing of Franky and all there young list steppin up, there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

Matty Wade had meeting with nth shore to get them off his back and he told them in the meeting that he didnt even like nth shore so he wont be going there. He will stay at corio.

Yeah it was pretty casual. Those numbers were about right too. I did spot an old grey haired grandpa bloke there, smashin up frothies like it was his last day before being posted to the ass end of the earth to fight some war he didn't want to be in. You might spot the silver haired sovereign running around and having a kick at geelong ammo's ground tonight from 6pm. Supposedly the boys are congregating for a casual skills sesh.
Why not join em'.
Skanky bitch will be there slotting goals from the boundary and hitting targets like russell mark in the olympics!!
sure do agree skanky bitch u did move well just as good as u did in 2002,and did c u slotting them from everywhere!!!!!!!!:thumbsu::D;)

Why not join em'.
I was curious so I went for a look all i saw was a a midget looking guy trying to make friends with a bunch of schoolkids! there was a silver looking guy there but that looked like that meathead Mawson who we all know has had more pies than seasons and that is saying something!
Heard a rumour that if that coach smith doesn;t peform Coles has already signed on to do the job after round 5

Apparently Geelong West are looking for a new coach. Sheedy has moved interstate for work...
Heard a rumour they a looking at a local onball type player! Rumour has Sheedy has left for interstate looking for Sponsorship cos West spent that much this year on players they ate into 2009 sponsorship!
Although night games helped they didnt come out so well!
All reports they are in talks from a former star onballer from Western District? Can anyone back this up?

Heard a rumour they a looking at a local onball type player! Rumour has Sheedy has left for interstate looking for Sponsorship cos West spent that much this year on players they ate into 2009 sponsorship!
Although night games helped they didnt come out so well!
All reports they are in talks from a former star onballer from Western District? Can anyone back this up?
Glad that you wrote that this is a rumour as all is false except that Sheeds has resigned as coach.

I was curious so I went for a look all i saw was a a midget looking guy trying to make friends with a bunch of schoolkids! there was a silver looking guy there but that looked like that meathead Mawson who we all know has had more pies than seasons and that is saying something!
Heard a rumour that if that coach smith doesn;t peform Coles has already signed on to do the job after round 5

Gees, i didn't see mawso there. must've been wrong ground champ. He was in melbourne. Actually, were you the bloke pulling his pud over behind the 10th tee? You should've come over and said hello corker. As for Smith, are you referring to his on field performance or as coach? Colesy still hasn't officially signed yet so you pretty much were spot on with your post. Keep up the good work knackers..........
Back to Mawson - RIPPER BLOKE

Hello all. This is my first post since standing aside as the Pres of the MIGHTY LIONS. Just thought I'd get in early before people like Kamal Tow here want to predict the demise of the LIONS. New coaches, new era. The lads are working hard to recruit and by all reports, are having a bit of success. For those who are interested, there is a meet the coach day on this Sunday (26th) at the Belmont Hotel (2pm start). Haven't disappeared totally from the committee though. If you are in the neighborhood next season, come say g'day to the jolly fat prick running the bar. If you have been nice to me over the most enjoyable banter I have encountered for the past 18 months or so, I may even put my hand in my pocket and by you a cold one (nothing free at the LIONS DEN!). Look forward to many more enjoyable posts from my new, less stressful position, behind the bar.

By all reports they are having a real crack at recruiting. Former Anakie player Mark Baumann from Modewarre has been rumoured and it is believed they are in talks with Day from Winchelsea who use to be with the lions.

sure do agree skanky bitch u did move well just as good as u did in 2002,and did c u slotting them from everywhere!!!!!!!!:thumbsu::D;)

Winch will need someone of that ability! good luck to the coach in 2009. My two favourites for bottom 2. Winch and Belmont.

well I'm just hoping you give me the opportunity to slot them down your throat this year. time will tell hey?:rolleyes:

Gees, i didn't see mawso there. must've been wrong ground champ. He was in melbourne. Actually, were you the bloke pulling his pud over behind the 10th tee? You should've come over and said hello corker. As for Smith, are you referring to his on field performance or as coach? Colesy still hasn't officially signed yet so you pretty much were spot on with your post. Keep up the good work knackers..........
Back to Mawson - RIPPER BLOKE
Pulling my pud! that takes up too much energy I was the guy with the massive p*sstank of a beer belly knocking back cans like 2 dollar knocks in Thailand!
Back to Mawson- just taking the piss buddy- he seems like a good bloke!
As for Smith I think that guy will need to perform both on and off the field! Is it true that he is a triple downlow medalist?

By all reports they are having a real crack at recruiting. Former Anakie player Mark Baumann from Modewarre has been rumoured and it is believed they are in talks with Day from Winchelsea who use to be with the lions.
Heard Day is a certainity! He misses all the fun he had when at the Lions!
Wouldn't be suprised if he takes the likes of A. Smith, Callow and McSween with him too.
Wouldn't be suprised if Clifford Attrill and Coxon head back to Warrnambool long drive up every week to play at Winch!

Heard from a relative of his that Matt Dillion is heading out to Inverleigh to take up the assistant coaching position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back