GDFL 2009 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You blokes have no idea Brent Grgic hasnt gone knowhere so get your facts right and start worrying about how good you throw ins are going to be
I understad the case to be no job then no red and blue stripes and given that the work has dried up it may force him to move back to the Dragons as they have a job for him. I could be wrong.

I keep seeing the name B. Edwards and R. Smith making a ton of runs in a Torquay cricket side each monday when i pick up the addy. Are these two boys the same two that played at Belmont Lions last year and are they having a run again this year? Both more than handy players when they get going!

I keep seeing the name B. Edwards and R. Smith making a ton of runs in a Torquay cricket side each monday when i pick up the addy. Are these two boys the same two that played at Belmont Lions last year and are they having a run again this year? Both more than handy players when they get going!

True and correct.
Also include:
John Tate
and a few more names to come.
Aver about 35 to 40 each night training.
Under 18's are looking good as well, 22names signed.:eek:
Gidday punchy.:D

PRACTICE MATCH

North Geelong v St Albans at skilled stadium friday night

Good to see that even tho I've only been on here twice since last season...a few things have really only been spoken about.

Surely noone really cares by now if Skrobalak is actually appointed coach of East Geelong...anyone who saw the Eagles last season knows Ryan Coy threw his voice so it came out of Skrobalak's mouth every game anyway.

The fact Winchelsea have recruited players seems to instantly make it a better side? Get serious people, you dont think the other 11 clubs have been out recruiting too? Will still be between Winchelsea and Geelong West for the wooden piece of cutlery (Any more for West and it will almost have a complete dinner set)

I do however love the fact Ammos feels the need to share his thoughts on a league he/she has no involvement in. Like we care what Geelong Amateurs do? It will never be anything more than a BFL club with a few years of success. Did it do any good when it played GDFL? Spider you might know the answer to that one.

Guess only time will tell which teams will again be strong and which ones will falter.

Good to see that even tho I've only been on here twice since last season...a few things have really only been spoken about.

Surely noone really cares by now if Skrobalak is actually appointed coach of East Geelong...anyone who saw the Eagles last season knows Ryan Coy threw his voice so it came out of Skrobalak's mouth every game anyway.

The fact Winchelsea have recruited players seems to instantly make it a better side? Get serious people, you dont think the other 11 clubs have been out recruiting too? Will still be between Winchelsea and Geelong West for the wooden piece of cutlery (Any more for West and it will almost have a complete dinner set)

I do however love the fact Ammos feels the need to share his thoughts on a league he/she has no involvement in. Like we care what Geelong Amateurs do? It will never be anything more than a BFL club with a few years of success. Did it do any good when it played GDFL? Spider you might know the answer to that one.

Guess only time will tell which teams will again be strong and which ones will falter.

Ammos were competitive, that's about all. Had some very good footballers but were rightly seen as a very soft side (not unlike the BPH side I played for back then), with the exception of one very tough man by the name of Robbie Ratau(I think that's how you spell his name). Do recall one massive blue, or should I say, shadow boxing exhibition between BPH and Ammos at Volvo Park that involved a dirty ranga leaving his teeth marks and 13 stitches in my left ear..... even back then they had a taste for fine food:D!!!!

Well wouldnt you think recruiting players would make it a better side?? I'm pretty sure recruiting any players is going to improve on last years side. Just wait untill April 3rd and then get back to me who you think will win the wooden spoon.....

Well wouldnt you think recruiting players would make it a better side?? I'm pretty sure recruiting any players is going to improve on last years side. Just wait untill April 3rd and then get back to me who you think will win the wooden spoon.....

Obviously not one for reading the entire message? Of course recruits will make it a better side, couldnt be any worse than last season's team, but the other 11 clubs will be improving too, so it is still not going to instantly make it a force as some people are suggesting.

Round 1 - Geelong West v Winchelsea (Loser can almost add the wooden cutlery to its collection)

venner (if a done deal) will be huge for bph

New coach dave leech (centrals) can definately play and foster will be very handy for centrals. Iordanis could be if he actually decides to train.

as i'm new to league not sure who will be a big loss

do you know of any hitman??

Iordanis has started training the last month and he is fitting in nicely by all reports. Will support leech very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact Winchelsea have recruited players seems to instantly make it a better side? Get serious people, you dont think the other 11 clubs have been out recruiting too? .

This is one of the dumbest things i have read on this site.
It is hard to really express the dumbness of this.

I understad the case to be no job then no red and blue stripes and given that the work has dried up it may force him to move back to the Dragons as they have a job for him. I could be wrong.

Drago, you've been banging on about this all pre season. Along with Buddah, you 2 have it in for the boys up on the Hill. Nothing to do with them making you both look silly last September?

Drago, you've been banging on about this all pre season. Along with Buddah, you 2 have it in for the boys up on the Hill. Nothing to do with them making you both look silly last September?
I follow nth shore mate i just write what i hear, doesnt mean its true, but your right in saying i dont like bph, nothing about that places impresses me at all.

Obviously not one for reading the entire message? Of course recruits will make it a better side, couldnt be any worse than last season's team, but the other 11 clubs will be improving too, so it is still not going to instantly make it a force as some people are suggesting.

Round 1 - Geelong West v Winchelsea (Loser can almost add the wooden cutlery to its collection)

Tipping Winch to break there very long losing streak! Blue west to finish bottom this year...

yeh derr

who knnows about matty tarbett?

hes from inva

hes freak as too you should see his dukes omg , took the best specky the other week in a praccy

did i mention his little mate adam muir
??

jesus this kid can play, ran a whole nmatch once with the flu and gingavitus.

Re: Geelong and District Football League 2

jesus this kid can play, ran a whole nmatch once with the flu and gingavitus.
Dragonz would it be too much to ask for you to consolidate your comments into one clear and concise entry rather than 4 consecutive crap ones.

Secondly are you telling us that the kid can play because he once ran around with a cold and poor dental hygiene? That is something to be amazed about.

Don't have it in for them at all just detailing what I am hearing. In regard to them making me look silly last September I don't think so as if people making me look silly upset me I would have to be upset with "Happy" Hickleton, R O'Toole, half the Thomson footy team, Spider36, the list goes on and on as a lot of people have made me look silly at different times.

Am i missing something Skanky ????

no sweat champ. Just thought you might of been his truely. If you were iordanis then you would know what I'm talking about. How's foota going down there?? top bloke and loves the piss. he'll fit in well down there. What about D.K? is he pulling on the boots. Underated player. Very underated. see you boys in june

Re: Geelong and District Football League 2

Dragonz would it be too much to ask for you to consolidate your comments into one clear and concise entry rather than 4 consecutive crap ones.

Secondly are you telling us that the kid can play because he once ran around with a cold and poor dental hygiene? That is something to be amazed about.

I just done that for him. Although he won't be around for a while ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back