GDFL 2009 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backs: D.Berg(Anakie), L.Mahoney(Belmont), J.Coy(East)

Half Backs: B.Edwards(Belmont), B.Grgic(Bell Post Hill), Z.Hickleton(Inver)

Centres: D.Peel(Inver), R.O'Toole(Corio), D.Muir(Inver)

Half Forwards: R.Closter(East), J.Tate(Belmont), S.Calbert(Werribee)

Full Forwards: J.Potter(Corio), A.Skrobalak(East), P.Riccardi(Bannock)

Rucks:M.Stewart(Corio), S.Gallagher(Belmont), M.Curtis(Thomson)

Interchange From:T.Elsey(Nth Geelong), H.Williams(Belmont), G.Wallace(Thomson), J.McCleod(Thomson), J.Kelly(Inver), B.O'Toole(Corio)
D.Fitzsimons(Nth Geelong), O.Lewis(Inver, S.Lewis(Bell Post Hill)

Coach:Frank Fopiani

What do people? think that would be my team very hard to pick, i have put in an extended bench as well .:thumbsu:

peel shouldnt be in the best side of the year, or the best side on paper. the two young falcons kids from north geelong are well and truly better than he is. also, isnt todd elsey leading goalkicker and sitting on your bench, and i'm pretty sure lewis from inver is sitting second on that table and he is also on the bench. theyd have to be in the best side, as would probably mathiesen from north. sean lewis won the whitley last yr as well, so he is stiff. few thomson players should be on the ground as well IMO

peel shouldnt be in the best side of the year, or the best side on paper. the two young falcons kids from north geelong are well and truly better than he is. also, isnt todd elsey leading goalkicker and sitting on your bench, and i'm pretty sure lewis from inver is sitting second on that table and he is also on the bench. theyd have to be in the best side, as would probably mathiesen from north. sean lewis won the whitley last yr as well, so he is stiff. few thomson players should be on the ground as well IMO

Mistake J.COY(East Geelong) should be R.COY.
That is a fair point but i am not going on form just the players who i think can be our leagues best side, i think the side i have put up would be extremely competive and would be very fit as well with plenty of run. i have also put a mixture of old and young in the side

Surely Jordan Kruger (Winch), Sean O'Neill (Thom), Dean Cachia (WC) and Braydee Watts (NG) would be contenders.

2's player looking for a new club

Hi there i am on the look out for a new club. I am currently playing 2's at a successful club in Geelong but not happy with a few things there and want to go to another club. I know the season is getting on a bit but just wanted to find out if there were any clubs out there after a good 2's player. Basically i just want a game of footy, the chance to play finals would be great to.

Feel free to PM me of post here. Happy to give furhter details via PM if you want.

This is a serious request. I take my footy seriously.

It's a very hard task to do a team of the year when you play week-in week-out and only see the oppposition only once a year and of course we are still yet to play all teams.

Backs: R.Coy, B.Edwards, J.Kruger
Half Backs: M.King, L.Mahoney, Z.Hickelton
Centres: D.Peel, Bray.Watts, A.Melville
Half Forwards: S.Calbert, L.Clifford, R.Closter
Forwards: P.Riccardi, T.Elsey, O.Lewis
Rucks: A.Skrobbalak, B.O'Toole, C.Hyland
Bench: S.Lewis, A.Kitchen, S.O'Neill, K.Schwennesson
Coach: S.Stone

Things are looking very interesting on the GDFL front this season, the top 5 is well and truly up for grabs.

BPH are looking the best team in the competition in my opinion, potent forward line and class on ballers.

East are frontrunners and are once again the toughest team in the league to gauge their form.

Belmont are quietly getting under the radar of a few clubs and expect them to shape the 5 heading into the finals, I don't think they have players to make it into the 5 however.

I still think Corio are still in the mix, Nicholls and Potter in and they function differently.

Bannockburn are looking very good when they are on song, but look very poor when thrown off the boil.

A red hot Weribee have a massive match this week against Thomson who seem to have found some form thrashing Corio last round. This could decide a top 3 position.

North Geelong have been found out against the top 5 teams and will slip away.

Anakie, West & Winch are making up the numbers.

2's player looking for a new club

Hi there i am on the look out for a new club. I am currently playing 2's at a successful club in Geelong but not happy with a few things there and want to go to another club. I know the season is getting on a bit but just wanted to find out if there were any clubs out there after a good 2's player. Basically i just want a game of footy, the chance to play finals would be great to.

Feel free to PM me of post here. Happy to give furhter details via PM if you want.

This is a serious request. I take my footy seriously.

What league are you in?

Things are looking very interesting on the GDFL front this season, the top 5 is well and truly up for grabs.

BPH are looking the best team in the competition in my opinion, potent forward line and class on ballers.

East are frontrunners and are once again the toughest team in the league to gauge their form.

Belmont are quietly getting under the radar of a few clubs and expect them to shape the 5 heading into the finals, I don't think they have players to make it into the 5 however.

I still think Corio are still in the mix, Nicholls and Potter in and they function differently.

Bannockburn are looking very good when they are on song, but look very poor when thrown off the boil.

A red hot Weribee have a massive match this week against Thomson who seem to have found some form thrashing Corio last round. This could decide a top 3 position.

look at the teams they hav beat and u will c the only team they beat thats any good was east geelong and that was back in round 2

personally i don't think the final five will change (maybe position wise) but i reckon the 5 in there now will remain there.

And your opinion on inverliegh

B:? Danny Ruck ?

HB:D.Kennedy N.Maheras ?

C:R.Coy P.Riccardi ?

HF:B.Otoole S.Calbert L.Clifford(by seasons end with a few games under his belt)

F: J.McCleod O.Lewis T.Elsey

Foll:Skroba, Curtis, S.Lewis

Inter:Schwenessen(poor spelling)Naylon ? ?

Coach:Stoney from Iver

Fill in the blanks and comment as you wish.New to watching this comp so unsure on some names
Also I agree with Spengler comments maybe i was a bit harsh to just use him as an example.
Also have a crack at each teams top three b&f chances

what about B naylon or L perkins from bannockburn?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And your opinion on inverliegh

Whooops they snuck out of my post.

I think they are looking very good. They're a young hard working team well led by Trotter through the middle and Hickelton down back and with Lewis in awesome form from the goal square they are looking as though they can push deep into finals action.

what about B naylon or L perkins from bannockburn?
naylon was in that team and leigh is good but it doesnt help when the coaches dont think that. stop talking in a forum you dont have any idea about.

random comment but has anyone seen closter from east take a mark, can jump!!

Backs: D.Berg(Anakie), L.Mahoney(Belmont), J.Coy(East)

Half Backs: B.Edwards(Belmont), B.Grgic(Bell Post Hill), Z.Hickleton(Inver)

Centres: D.Peel(Inver), R.O'Toole(Corio), D.Muir(Inver)

Half Forwards: R.Closter(East), J.Tate(Belmont), S.Calbert(Werribee)

Full Forwards: J.Potter(Corio), A.Skrobalak(East), P.Riccardi(Bannock)

Rucks:M.Stewart(Corio), S.Gallagher(Belmont), M.Curtis(Thomson)

Interchange From:T.Elsey(Nth Geelong), H.Williams(Belmont), G.Wallace(Thomson), J.McCleod(Thomson), J.Kelly(Inver), B.O'Toole(Corio)
D.Fitzsimons(Nth Geelong), O.Lewis(Inver, S.Lewis(Bell Post Hill)

Coach:Frank Fopiani

What do people? think that would be my team very hard to pick, i have put in an extended bench as well .:thumbsu:

B: D Gibbs (ban) D Math (north) D Jenkins (bph)

HB: B Edward (bel) J Tate (bel) Z Hickle (inv)

C: A Woods Ban R O'toole (cor) D Muir (inv)

HF: S Manning (cor) B Grgic (bph) P Riccardi (ban)

FF: R Closter East) J Mcleod (thom) A Kitchen (Werr)

R: J Hybens Inv M Curtis (thom) D Holzf (bph)

Ben: M Stewart (c) S Calb (werr) B Nicholls (c) B Hutch (Nth) S Lewis (bph) M King (winch)

Co Coaches: F Fopiani(nth) & M Smith (winch)

What are peoples thoughts on my best team on paper????

Ben: M Stewart (c) S Calb (werr) B Nicholls (c) B Hutch (Nth) S Lewis (bph) M King (winch)

good side, it is so hard to pick but i like it. you have done well

Don't know why your all picking B. Edwards from Belmont. He has retired hasn't he?
Spider you'll be able to confirm this?

Don't know why your all picking B. Edwards from Belmont. He has retired hasn't he?
Spider you'll be able to confirm this?

Not quite sure where Bagga is at, at the moment. I have heard that he has given it away, but you never really know with Brad!

B: Z.Hickleton (Inv) D.Mathisen (Nth G) M.King (Winch)

HB: C.Parker (Bel) S.Richert (Anak) K.Schwenneson (Nth G)

C: D.Muir (Inv) M.Curtis (Thom) A.Woods (Ban)

HF: P.Riccardi (Ban) B.Grgic (BPH) J.McLeod (Thom)

F: B.Nicholls (Cor) O.Lewis (Inv) T.Elsey (Nth G)

FOLL: A.Skrobalak (East) S.Gallagher (Bel) S.Lewis (BPH)

INTER FROM: S.Calbert (WC) R.O'Toole (Cor) J.Diblasio (Nth G) L.Clifford (Cor) S.O'Neil (Thom) R.Closter (East) B.Naylon (WC)

COACH: F.Fopiani (Nth G)

Any thoughts? A number of other players could of been on the inter from list but didnt want any more than 7 on there!

Not sure about Richert(Anak) and King(Winch) both ok players but have watched them and don't think there up to that level yet watched Richert against Belmont and John Tate won the battle quite easy, but that is just my thoughts, but well done on the side it is very hard to pick and you are right it is easy to forget or even fit the other players in

Richert has played GFL seniors at St. Mary's so i think he is up to the level that GDFL brings. That is 1 of the reasons why he made it in my side

I know I am a bit biased, but Luke Mahoney did play VCFL on the long weekend at full back. Clearly he is the best full back in the league. I agree Richert has to be in the best league side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back