GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lachlan Edwards cleared to Belmont?

Good get so late in the clearances.

David Bain, Grovedale are off to Colac tomorrow, you might want to pop down to Jetts Oval tomorrow to have a look, I will shout you a beer, serious, it would be fun to meet and say hello. PS Not treating East lightly for the Lomas Shield clash, danger game in my opinion, bit of history there, should be a very good game i think. All the best to all GDFL clubs for a good and safe weekend.

RIP Phil Walsh, such a tragedy.

David Bain, Grovedale are off to Colac tomorrow, you might want to pop down to Jetts Oval tomorrow to have a look, I will shout you a beer, serious, it would be fun to meet and say hello. PS Not treating East lightly for the Lomas Shield clash, danger game in my opinion, bit of history there, should be a very good game i think. All the best to all GDFL clubs for a good and safe weekend.

I will pop in for a look. Punchy Belmont wouldn't have won the Mark Lomas shield two times in row very often.

I will pop in for a look. Punchy Belmont wouldn't have won the Mark Lomas shield two times in row very often.

INVERLEIGH star Blake Hutchinson will face the AFL Barwon Tribunal tonight after being reported for striking Werribee Centrals’ Adam Bell.

Belmont might be half a chance to cause an upset out at Inverleigh if Hutch gets a week or 2 ?

Anakie have stacked the ressies again I see!!!

That is one club that will never go anywhere if they keep doing this every year.
Have a look at Saturdays team list and tell me how that side has been stacked. If you mean Luke Colliver, he has come back from retirement and played three games; Scott Baumann has returned to the club from Blue Wests's 2nds and played 4 games; Jordan Fulton cannot train due to his own business commitments and therefore isn't considered for senior selection and if you mean Dale Peters then you obviously haven't seen him play in the seniors this year because when he has done he has been pretty ordinary (no offence Daisy). BPH's seniors weren't much chop for much of the 90's but their ressies were at the pointy end of the finals almost every year, don't recall complaints about side stacking back then. Anakie aren't the first and certainly wont be the last to have their reserves side consistently perform better on the ladder than their seniors

"Meanwhile, Belmont Lions hasn’t ruled appealing the tribunal’s decision to dismiss the striking charge laid against East Geelong’s Zach Watson.
Watson was booked by field umpire Jess Crucitti for striking Lion Heath Walsh.
However, with Crucitti unable to attend the tribunal, the decision was made to dismiss the case."

The reporting umpire doesn't turn up to the tribunal and it gets thrown out....

How amateur is that!!!???

"Meanwhile, Belmont Lions hasn’t ruled appealing the tribunal’s decision to dismiss the striking charge laid against East Geelong’s Zach Watson.
Watson was booked by field umpire Jess Crucitti for striking Lion Heath Walsh.
However, with Crucitti unable to attend the tribunal, the decision was made to dismiss the case."

The reporting umpire doesn't turn up to the tribunal and it gets thrown out....

How amateur is that!!!???

Good call mate, its a bloody joke, the same tribunal bloke gives Belmont player Devon Winsall 7 weeks earlier in the year for a similar incident against East yet throws this out cos an umpire doesnt show up ??? Young Walsh could have a fractured cheekbone AND get this, apparently the video has gone missing so it is up to Belmont to produce the USB stick and get the still shot photos off it and pay $500 to have it looked at ???

Come on, I dont understand this? What if it was a really serious hi-profile case, what then, same decision?

Good call mate, its a bloody joke, the same tribunal bloke gives Belmont player Devon Winsall 7 weeks earlier in the year for a similar incident against East yet throws this out cos an umpire doesnt show up ??? Young Walsh could have a fractured cheekbone AND get this, apparently the video has gone missing so it is up to Belmont to produce the USB stick and get the still shot photos off it and pay $500 to have it looked at ???

Come on, I dont understand this? What if it was a really serious hi-profile case, what then, same decision?

No Surprise it East. Neville probably disposed of the tape himself!
I see it's being heard next week now, so the guy can play this week I assume?
Been a few suspensions for striking lately and to big names, so the tribunal deserve a pat on the back for not tolerating that kinda stuff anymore.

Have a look at Saturdays team list and tell me how that side has been stacked. If you mean Luke Colliver, he has come back from retirement and played three games; Scott Baumann has returned to the club from Blue Wests's 2nds and played 4 games; Jordan Fulton cannot train due to his own business commitments and therefore isn't considered for senior selection and if you mean Dale Peters then you obviously haven't seen him play in the seniors this year because when he has done he has been pretty ordinary (no offence Daisy). BPH's seniors weren't much chop for much of the 90's but their ressies were at the pointy end of the finals almost every year, don't recall complaints about side stacking back then. Anakie aren't the first and certainly wont be the last to have their reserves side consistently perform better on the ladder than their seniors

Yes Anakie are not the first & won't be the last team to stack their reserves, I agree.

Winsall got his whack been throwing cheapies for years

Winsall got his whack been throwing cheapies for years

Fair enough, but the point is if a young lad at your club had his cheekbone fractured with a late hit and the bloke that did it got off coz the umpire didnt show up you would have to be pretty pissed off.

Anyway, the hearing is back on Monday 6.30, see what happens, I'm tipping 4 weeks.....karma East

Fair enough, but the point is if a young lad at your club had his cheekbone fractured with a late hit and the bloke that did it got off coz the umpire didnt show up you would have to be pretty pissed off.

Anyway, the hearing is back on Monday 6.30, see what happens, I'm tipping 4 weeks.....karma East
Yeah totally Agree it is unacceptable don't want that behaviour in the league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets just wait and see how consistent the league will be when its an East Geelong player fronting the tribunal....

I'm tipping probably a 1-2 week if its as bad as reported only because its an East Geelong player! Any other side it would be a 5-8 week holiday.

Fire away East supporters :eek:

Lets just wait and see how consistent the league will be when its an East Geelong player fronting the tribunal....

I'm tipping probably a 1-2 week if its as bad as reported only because its an East Geelong player! Any other side it would be a 5-8 week holiday.

They haven't go any left........ jumped ship with Alcoa and the big match payments .....

Fire away East supporters ;) :cry:

Haha,
If you had seen any East games you wouldn't be saying they get favoured in any way shape or form. The umpires hate East. With the winsall snipe east weren't even given a free kick.
And what's with the karma east comment from the other bloke? The umpire not showing up has nothing to do with east.

I believe East Belmont paid Haami many years back and seeing him in the Geelong Addy a few weeks back at there team of the century would probably suggest all finances have been paid?

East are cooked and they are going the snipe because they are too fat and slow!!! FAT & SLOW

Banno will be tested over the next few weeks as we have be struck down by a few injuries but will have them all back come finals..

No Surprise it East. Neville probably disposed of the tape himself!
I see it's being heard next week now, so the guy can play this week I assume?
Been a few suspensions for striking lately and to big names, so the tribunal deserve a pat on the back for not tolerating that kinda stuff anymore.
If it wasn't laid as a Video report than its not up to the tribunal to produce it, The Umpire should have been there, if no written statement is given to League Secretary 8 hours prior to the hearing than the charge should lapse as per rules and regs of AFL Victoria.
If Belmont aren't happy with that than they should have asked for the investigation at the cost of $500 where it is than given to the League Investigations Officer- Anyone remember the Shaun Lewis incident V Anakie last year or the year before???? Thrown out at tribunal but later found guilty etc.

I had a look at the first half. Belmont looked good. I think they will get better on St.Albans with all the small/quick players.
How is Brad McKenzie going? I know Grovedale tried to get him back this year. He would straggle to play seniors back in the GFL on what I seen.

Heard an interesting whisper that Winch has been In talks with several Torquay players with Troy Bird a massive chance to join Adam at the blues next season...

I will be interested to see how the points system will affect recruiting though.

Heard an interesting whisper that Winch has been In talks with several Torquay players with Troy Bird a massive chance to join Adam at the blues next season...

I will be interested to see how the points system will affect recruiting though.

The point system will be very interesting. Do you think player movement will slow down? If a player is changing clubs they could go to a club and be worth to many points and may find themselves playing in the reserves.
On the pulse a few weeks ago before the broadcast game they where talking about what points some clubs have this year. The biggest concern was West played with 51 points yes some the players go down 1 point next year but this would affect them recruiting new players. They said Thomson had 49 points, Belmont 45, and inver 42pts. All the other clubs had under 35 points.

The point system will be very interesting. Do you think player movement will slow down? If a player is changing clubs they could go to a club and be worth to many points and may find themselves playing in the reserves.
On the pulse a few weeks ago before the broadcast game they where talking about what points some clubs have this year. The biggest concern was West played with 51 points yes some the players go down 1 point next year but this would affect them recruiting new players. They said Thomson had 49 points, Belmont 45, and inver 42pts. All the other clubs had under 35 points.
What is the proposed cap on points for next year? Was it 45?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back