GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am biased but with our young quick kids on the big St Albans oval I reckon we can beat Banno and scare the shit out of Inver and win that one too..... or go close BUT BPH v North grand final again this year.

Yes belmont can beat banno but if they can't beat inver without huybans and Hutchison they won't over run them at St. Albans

Do you flirt with your form ? Or should they put there best possible 22 on the park ? Would it be a psychological advantage to the team that wins rnd 18 ? if they were to be going back to back the following week.Anyhow if Thomson can repeat there result with North from earlier in the season,then we may well be asking questions that are absolutely irrelevant !!!!

Definantly think if players are legitimately sore then rest them but otherwise play to win. In saying that dont play any trump cards but a good win can definantly cause doubt the following week in the opposition and build confidence for winning side especially after both have lost to top sides lately. Im sure the losing coach will play the 'today doesnt matter' card anyway.

I would doubt blake pulls on the boots, if so for an attempt to play finals why have a crack now with only two games left and why not give him 3-4 games especially with inverliegh last week?

Yes belmont have some young quick players but if they dont have or use the ball efficiently being small and quick is overated and more so on a big ground. North, inverliegh and bph all use it better and that in itself makes them quicker regardless of pure 'pace'.

Last edited:
Belmont Lions will be having a local grown ex VFL Player making hes long awaited return to the senior team tomorrow,just what the doctor ordered approaching the big rnd18 game against Bannockburn next week
#fearthelion2015

Welcome back Leo. It all went to plan. a upset was on the cards at belmont but maybe belmont had to much to play for.
Next Saturday will be very interesting, bannockburn's recent form most be a concern.

Welcome back Leo. It all went to plan. a upset was on the cards at belmont but maybe belmont had to much to play for.
Next Saturday will be very interesting, bannockburn's recent form most be a concern.

Huybens return to inverlieghs line up and kicking 9 regardless of the opposition in his first game back is of most concern to bph and north geelong.

The loss of Brauman at Bannockburn is huge and really Bannockburn have been dealt a real crap hand,Nobody want to see the local guns injured and not available when the whips are cracking from here until mid September.Sides 3,4 and 5 will need to have a dream run with injuries and be at there peak to trouble the big 2

Leo - show some confidence. Nathan Kirby the Belmont reserves coach believes we can go all the way and bring home the silverware to Winters Reserve.

PS That is a joke boys as Kirbs reads Big Footy and told me to keep a lid on it .... ha ha "HI KIRBS" good luck to the 2s in the finals.

Leo - show some confidence. Nathan Kirby the Belmont reserves coach believes we can go all the way and bring home the silverware to Winters Reserve.

PS That is a joke boys as Kirbs reads Big Footy and told me to keep a lid on it .... ha ha "HI KIRBS" good luck to the 2s in the finals.

Hi Punchy, I watched on saturday as winch took it up to the Lions for a half. Winch seem to have some really good kids coming through, If they stick together they will only get better in my opinion. Punchy who brought (coached) all the young players like Watkins, Boal, Harrison, Beath and Walsh through the juniors? Who ever coached those boys certainly was a good coach and made them run extremely hard and play for the club. Credit to Belmont's junior program they have some good kids coming through Like Hassett, Wylie, Lamb and a few boys in the 14s and 16s I see are always doing well. Great work and best of Luck for the rest of the year.

Hi Punchy, I watched on saturday as winch took it up to the Lions for a half. Winch seem to have some really good kids coming through, If they stick together they will only get better in my opinion. Punchy who brought (coached) all the young players like Watkins, Boal, Harrison, Beath and Walsh through the juniors? Who ever coached those boys certainly was a good coach and made them run extremely hard and play for the club. Credit to Belmont's junior program they have some good kids coming through Like Hassett, Wylie, Lamb and a few boys in the 14s and 16s I see are always doing well. Great work and best of Luck for the rest of the year.

Mick Matthews and Grant Ward can take alot of credit for bringing those boys through the juniors and coaching/training them well plus instilling loyalty to the club.

Did you notice young Walshy came off in the first quarter with a head cut, went to the doctors, got 6 stitches and was back for the start of the 3rd quarter and kicked 3 goals on the run with a bandaged head out of the centre to get us out of trouble, brilliant brave stuff.

Mick Matthews and Grant Ward can take alot of credit for bringing those boys through the juniors and coaching/training them well plus instilling loyalty to the club.

Did you notice young Walshy came off in the first quarter with a head cut, went to the doctors, got 6 stitches and was back for the start of the 3rd quarter and kicked 3 goals on the run with a bandaged head out of the centre to get us out of trouble, brilliant brave stuff.

yes I only saw after half time, and I noticed a little bloke with a head bandage on. He did play well. Would Mick or Grant be interested in coaching a senior team?

Interesting to see inverleigh have re signed McDowell. After the pre season incident they wouldn't make a call on his future until after he and the players go to court. They would be due for court very soon and they have re signed him.

Interesting to see inverleigh have re signed McDowell. After the pre season incident they wouldn't make a call on his future until after he and the players go to court. They would be due for court very soon and they have re signed him.
Would think it would be a no-brainer to reappoint him took them from last to prelim and now on track for a top 3 finish must be doing something right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would think it would be a no-brainer to reappoint him took them from last to prelim and now on track for a top 3 finish must be doing something right

On field results I totally agree re hire him. Just that the club said they would wait until they went to court to make a decision on his future. It's not a great look for the club that key members are fighting with the cops on a footy function. They have had a number of alcohol related incidents over the last few years.

What are people thinking for the league B&F's this year?
My tip is Reece Holwell from Thomson for seniors and maybe Michael Allen from Inverleigh in the reserves from only 11 games

P
What are people thinking for the league B&F's this year?
My tip is Reece Holwell from Thomson for seniors and maybe Michael Allen from Inverleigh in the reserves from only 11 games
Pittman will win the Whitley, it has proven that in the GDFL vote count goals matter pevious winners Forbes,Murphy and Jackson MCLeod polls high always. The umpires have not got a clue anyway some of the previous winners is laughable

Harrison from Belmont is a chance, and can imagine Bourke polling pretty high for Banno before he left.

Pitman will be garunteed twos and three's in his last month and a half of kicking bags.

Harrison from Belmont is a chance, and can imagine Bourke polling pretty high for Banno before he left.

Pitman will be garunteed twos and three's in his last month and a half of kicking bags.

1st holwell
2nd pitman
3rd Hutchison
Looks like most clubs will retain the coaches they had this year.
Only anakie and east are searching for a new coach. I haven't heard an announcement from Corio and banno in regards to 2016.

Michael Leamer has been names in the Reserves for Belmont on Sunday according to Sportingpule!

Is Blake Hutchinson playing this weekend? The hawks need him to be any chance I would have thought against North.

Michael Leamer has been names in the Reserves for Belmont on Sunday according to Sportingpule!

Is Blake Hutchinson playing this weekend? The hawks need him to be any chance I would have thought against North.

I wouldn't go by the teams that are on SportingPulse/addy. The teams need to be done for the paper before the teams have even trained on a Thursday night.

I wouldn't go by the teams that are on SportingPulse/addy. The teams need to be done for the paper before the teams have even trained on a Thursday night.

David good to see you back, I'm pumped - seniors, reserves plus b,c,d netball all in the finals, great effort by everyone involved at the club, GO LIONS and good luck to all teams on the weekend.

PS Keep a lid on it Kirbs and Leo xxx ha ha

David good to see you back, I'm pumped - seniors, reserves plus b,c,d netball all in the finals, great effort by everyone involved at the club, GO LIONS and good luck to all teams on the weekend.

PS Keep a lid on it Kirbs and Leo xxx ha ha

Its a great time of the year to be happy punchy. I think belmont will win Sunday but they won't beat either inva or nth in the 1st semi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back