Geelong and District Football League 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werribee Centrals have a new coach which will be announced at Friday nights presentation night.

David Leech from Hoppers Crossing will coach the club for the next 2 years.

Word is the club failed to attract many applicants for the position so Leech was the best applicant.

Leech is a 32 year old defender who was struggling to hold his place in Hoppers team but he will be a fairly good player GDFL level.

Totally untrue, I left Ballan because I was too good for that league and the women were all single...not much of a challenge!!!
I read on another thread that you aren't heading back to Ballan and definitely wont be staying at Bannock. As stated earlier there is room for you at the crescent.

Fair bit of TMG bashing/loving on here...

.For starters, he isn't 'knocking off' a players mrs. he is seeing a girl who used to see a teammate, but thats past tense so no issues there.
.No tears on mad monday, just ur usual what ifs and if only's that come up when u lose a prelim final.
.He fell out with the coach at ballan well before when he left, he tried playing out the first game of the season to try to make it work but was clear it was going to be an issue so he returned home.

.betterthanwoodsy is not tmg, although he's come up with some funny answers...
.As for his whereabouts next year, finishing uni so wherever he ends up with work i would suggest...

Hopefully we can all move on now that thats all sorted out...

Who is the new coach at Winch?
Any word on who fop plans on bringing with him to north besides the fitness coach?

.For starters, he isn't 'knocking off' a players mrs. he is seeing a girl who used to see a teammate, but thats past tense so no issues there.
.No tears on mad monday, just ur usual what ifs and if only's that come up when u lose a prelim final.
.He fell out with the coach at ballan well before when he left, he tried playing out the first game of the season to try to make it work but was clear it was going to be an issue so he returned home.

.As for his whereabouts next year, finishing uni so wherever he ends up with work i would suggest...

Any word on who fop plans on bringing with him to north besides the fitness coach?

Mum! I told you I can handle this myself...Stay off my laptop while I'm at uni... it's no wonder dad's always whinging that the ironing is never done!:mad:

The Lancefield Football/Netball Club is a close knit family club affiliated in the Riddell District Football League. Having just missed out on finals in 2008 we are looking to take the next step in 2009, and are well set up both on and off the field to do so.

We are currently seeking expressions of interest for season 2009 in the following positions:

* Senior Coach
* Reserves Coach
* Under 18's Coach

Anybody with interest PM me for more details, or email the club at info@lancefieldfc.org.au

Has Troy Kollegger played his last game also?
For mine, you could just about add Bliss, Fisher and maybe Lewis to that list, although Lewis missed most of the year, which could help him get through another year.

The new Winch coach is Michael Smith from Bacchus Marsh. Big signing, played four years of VFL footy with Werribee. Playing coach aged 30.

The new Winch coach is Michael Smith from Bacchus Marsh. Big signing, played four years of VFL footy with Werribee. Playing coach aged 30.

hitman20 jst a few questions
when was he sighed??
how long is his contract??
nd if he is ex vfl he would wont high pay??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great player. But has bad knees. Has had a double knee reco. Did play for Werribee Centrals in 06. Didn't play many games though.....

Micky Smith coaching Winch hey? Good luck to him! Will need a heap of players to even start a ripple in the pond but I'm sure will make his presence felt through the year if he can stay out on the padock. The kid could play.

rumour has it that two of inverleighs 'young guns' in dean muir and zac hickleton are looking for new homes next year. The two are close mates so there could be quite a deal if they went to the same club. Can anyone back this rumour up or is a rumour all it is?

rumour has it that two of inverleighs 'young guns' in dean muir and zac hickleton are looking for new homes next year. The two are close mates so there could be quite a deal if they went to the same club. Can anyone back this rumour up or is a rumour all it is?

i haven't heard anything but muir is a gun:thumbsu:

both signed with inverleigh for next season, so would have to say its just a rumour

TMG here, 90% chance I'm off to the Western Eagles in the CDFL as an assistant coach so everyone can be done with all the speculation. Hope the WAGS are more attractive and receptive than those at Bannockburn and the guys are a bit more sharing with their women. If the Bannockburn boys don't like me now, wait til they find out who I'm poaching from the club. That'll teah em!!:p

hitman20 jst a few questions
when was he sighed??
how long is his contract??
nd if he is ex vfl he would wont high pay??

Rumour has it that he signed on a 2 year deal for not much coin at all. My understanding is he wannted a challenge and it looks like he has got one.Also I heard Winch has some major recruits on the go.

Rumour has it that he signed on a 2 year deal for not much coin at all. My understanding is he wannted a challenge and it looks like he has got one.Also I heard Winch has some major recruits on the go.
Surely Smith would be a non-playing coach.
He hasn't played football in about 4 years and his knees are shot to pieces.

Surely Smith would be a non-playing coach.
He hasn't played football in about 4 years and his knees are shot to pieces.

nah, he's definately playing. He told me at 'the dog' last night. Didn't he play at Bacchus Marsh last year? I'm sure he did. Anyone know when preseason starts for each club? Any big movements? I hear Centrals new coach Leech is bringing a dozen players from hoppers crossing with him. They should be strong next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back