GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought something was wrong because he hasnt been getting in their best players like he usually does. anybody know the results from yesterday??

BPH beat Winch
Banno Beat Corio

i thought something was wrong because he hasnt been getting in their best players like he usually does. anybody know the results from yesterday??

BPH beat Winch
Banno Beat Corio

anakie beat east
inverleigh beat centrals
north beat blue west
thomson beat belmont (this result opens the door for anakie to take 5th position which would make things very very interesting)

What a weekend... I haven't been able to post till now as my fingers were frozen stiff! Lets forget about last Saturday and move our attention to this coming weekend. How can Anakie have turned the corner so drastically with Gavin Habib at the helm? Looking at thier list, they've got a few of Corio's older blokes (King, McNamara, Lazzarich and the Gaylard boys) and a few kids from Lara. It will be the first time for a while that we'll go out there and not be confident of bringing home the points. :eek:

yer it would be interesting to see how anakie train. and how many rock up to training for a starters?? they are the biggest under dogs of the GDFL atm.
if there was a betting system in the GDFL anakie would be at $50 to win the flag at the start of the season.

but my money is still on BPH only if they can turn it all around and play some decent football and none of this bullshit fighting business

fastuca's back is ****ed to pieces. is playing on pain killers and is the shadow of the player that dominated the comp for the past 8 years.
Your spot on kooley his back is crook. Sources tell me due to the back injury and not being to able to do what he normally does is playing on his mind and ive heard he is a definate chance to retire maybe before the season is done can you confirm?

Your spot on kooley his back is crook. Sources tell me due to the back injury and not being to able to do what he normally does is playing on his mind and ive heard he is a definate chance to retire maybe before the season is done can you confirm?
wouldn't of thought he would be hanging the boots up before the end of this season. at 31 years of age though with a young family and a business which requires him to be on the go alll the time, next year is not looking too good for jason.

What a weekend... I haven't been able to post till now as my fingers were frozen stiff! Lets forget about last Saturday and move our attention to this coming weekend. How can Anakie have turned the corner so drastically with Gavin Habib at the helm? Looking at thier list, they've got a few of Corio's older blokes (King, McNamara, Lazzarich and the Gaylard boys) and a few kids from Lara. It will be the first time for a while that we'll go out there and not be confident of bringing home the points. :eek:
i wouldn't be too confident lion king. i saw anakie back in round 1 and even though they lost that day to werribee to me they looked a much better team than centrals with loads of scope for improvement. they have obviously kicked on since then which is no surprise and it wouldn't surprise me if they take your 5th position before the end of the year.

i wouldn't be too confident lion king. i saw anakie back in round 1 and even though they lost that day to werribee to me they looked a much better team than centrals with loads of scope for improvement. they have obviously kicked on since then which is no surprise and it wouldn't surprise me if they take your 5th position before the end of the year.
That's the stupidest thing you've ever posted Kooley! I look forward to your comments, but really. 2 games behind with 6 rounds to play, Anakie have to play Belmont, Centrals, Winch, Bannockburn, Bell Post Hill & Corio. Belmont play all the same sides except BPH and play Inverleigh insteed. Both play the last 5 at home. Bell Post Hill look to have the tough run home with Bannockburn, West, Thomson, North, Anakie & East... and all away! :confused:

That's the stupidest thing you've ever posted Kooley! I look forward to your comments, but really. 2 games behind with 6 rounds to play, Anakie have to play Belmont, Centrals, Winch, Bannockburn, Bell Post Hill & Corio. Belmont play all the same sides except BPH and play Inverleigh insteed. Both play the last 5 at home. Bell Post Hill look to have the tough run home with Bannockburn, West, Thomson, North, Anakie & East... and all away! :confused:

Yeah well its getting interesting.. Belmont wont wanna drop that one to anakie.. also winch and corio aren't pushovers. And even werribee had belmont on toast earlier in the year. The other thing against belmont is their horrible % compared to the other top teams.

It will be hard for anakie but i think they will sneak in at the expense of either belmont or BPH but most likely the latter given their run home.
Looking at the games anakie dropped early in the year - centrals, corio. They really shouldnt be in this position if they had a decent start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

where do you play anakie lion king?

will be very tight if they knock you guys off. if it's at anakie it's a certainty.;)

Mark "Barney" Brunato one of the true characters of the GDFL over the past 15 years will play his 300th game for Werribee Centrals this Saturday against Corio at Galvin Park. It's also a Centrals Past Players day so expect a bumper crowd at Galvin Park.
Barney has played about 180 reserves games including 4 premierships plus approximately 120 senior games including the 2004 senior flag against Corio. He also won the reserves league best and fairest in the early 2000's. He will play in the seniors this week for his 300th.

Well Done Barney!!!!!:thumbsu:

Mark "Barney" Brunato one of the true characters of the GDFL over the past 15 years will play his 300th game for Werribee Centrals this Saturday against Corio at Galvin Park. It's also a Centrals Past Players day so expect a bumper crowd at Galvin Park.
Barney has played about 180 reserves games including 4 premierships plus approximately 120 senior games including the 2004 senior flag against Corio. He also won the reserves league best and fairest in the early 2000's. He will play in the seniors this week for his 300th.

Well Done Barney!!!!!:thumbsu:

played on banrney back in 2002 in the 1's when i was playnig 4 winchelsea goe's ok we had a few run in's

See there is another Macleod named in Thomsons senior side in the forward pocket, B.Macleod he is only 15 and by all reports he will be a GUN player, good to see these young players giving a chance to play senior football. It will be intresting to see how he performs.

See there is another Macleod named in Thomsons senior side in the forward pocket, B.Macleod he is only 15 and by all reports he will be a GUN player, good to see these young players giving a chance to play senior football. It will be intresting to see how he performs.
Are you sure its not Greg Macleod, i heard a rumour he was pulling the boots back on!

What are the chances of Nathan Lewis getting rubbed out again this weekend?

He likes the big games but goes over the top and I am sure the Gibbs boys will accomodate his need for physical contact.

Nathan Lewis led his charges today to a great victory over bannockburn. BPH looked strong all day with big tarry but banno had some stars with zach hickleton kickin 6 goals. BPH are on the hunt and could be dangerous leading into the finals. banno need to bounce back next week if they wish to keep there top 3 spot.

where do you play anakie lion king?

will be very tight if they knock you guys off. if it's at anakie it's a certainty.;)
The only certainty is the Lions will play finals this year.. :) With the weekends results, Top of the table's not out of the question :p

Whiskers

How did all the Lewis boys go. The two at the hill and matt Lewis at Banno. Looks like the hill got of to a good start. Tom Mullan Grant Clint Shaw how did they go looks like they didn't do much. Think the top 5 is all sorted now it is only a matter where each team finish. Thomson V Bannckburn what a game next week.

Whiskers

How did all the Lewis boys go. The two at the hill and matt Lewis at Banno. Looks like the hill got of to a good start. Tom Mullan Grant Clint Shaw how did they go looks like they didn't do much. Think the top 5 is all sorted now it is only a matter where each team finish. Thomson V Bannckburn what a game next week.

Nathan played on dan gibbs with nathan kicking truely into the foward line and dan giving nathan cheap shots all day. Shaun lewis started off well then went quiet then got back into the game in the last quarter. Matthew was doing alot of the hard stuff for bannockburn but no kicking straight. Tom mullan grant did absolutly NOTHING. Clint shaw did nothing what so ever. the main person who did damage to the panthers was young zach hickleton, he is one to watch in the future. he kicked 6.1 i think so very well in wet conditions. and i would say the top 5 would just about be sorted but would not close the door yet on anakie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back