GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
,i think clubs like inver and winch may find it hard to get players out there being that both clubs r 25-30min out of town.
inverleigh may struggle even more now that mark russell is coaching sebastapol, will he take any with him? are any worth taking?

Are belmont going to be alive in 08? they have massive debts and the gdfl may not bail them out again!
Have heard the same. The debt could be as much as $50k but dont blame Haami and his new recruits as I understand that they were already $30k-$40k in the hole before the start of '07.

Understand the GDFL has asked them to present financials and a plan to eradicate the debt but that has not yet been forthcoming.

Maybe Lion King could shed some light.

Have heard the same. The debt could be as much as $50k but dont blame Haami and his new recruits as I understand that they were already $30k-$40k in the hole before the start of '07.

Understand the GDFL has asked them to present financials and a plan to eradicate the debt but that has not yet been forthcoming.

Maybe Lion King could shed some light.

wouldnt listen to lion king mate he is full of shit, i have a couple of close friends involved in the club and yes they are in debt, but it is under 30k i understand that they have paid some off but i know the execiutive committie have re-structured and things will happen i have been told :rolleyes:

wouldnt listen to lion king mate he is full of shit, i have a couple of close friends involved in the club and yes they are in debt, but it is under 30k i understand that they have paid some off but i know the execiutive committie have re-structured and things will happen i have been told :rolleyes:

thats what they have always said.things dont change at the den.love the people and the club, but need a big injection of cash or they will go back to their hey days of the 70s and 80s!

i was told yesterday,from someone that has contacts at hoppers crossing that bell post hill missed out on picking up players from hoppers cause one of the players is close 2 breakin games rec at hoppers and one wont go with out the other.GOOD MAIL.:p
Heard dif mate m lead 2 believe will b signing both 2nght 5.11.07:)

It's not so much O'Toole, it's Stewert he is close with/wants to play with.

My sources have told me Otoole and his merry men are going to corio definately he told them today and also tatey and verner from anakie harvey from winch smith from nth geelong and theres a few more there talking too aswell and apparently havnt lost any players from last year and with there 2s making the grand final last season you would think there going to be fairly strong in ones and twos next year.

It's not so much O'Toole, it's Stewert he is close with/wants to play with.
That makes sense.
Stewy was at StAlbans when Pete 1st came to Geelong & they both went to Newcomb together......
Guess they've spent plenty of time in the middle together since.

they killed drysdale in the semi final...

would pay stewart what ever he wants to stay in the bfl to play with drysdale

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thomson would never clear Daniel Gage to Drysdale. He is too important to the Tommy Tigers. Now that they have announced the biggest recruiting coup of the pre-season - GFL superstar, premiership coach & Mathieson Medalist Glen Wallace will be the coach at Thomson in 2008 he is sure to stay.

well he's gone... see todays addy article about chapman

My sources have told me Otoole and his merry men are going to corio definately he told them today and also tatey and verner from anakie harvey from winch smith from nth geelong and theres a few more there talking too aswell and apparently havnt lost any players from last year and with there 2s making the grand final last season you would think there going to be fairly strong in ones and twos next year.

Barry must be paying out of his own pocket, seriously, Corio simply cannot afford these players and more!

Barry must be paying out of his own pocket, seriously, Corio simply cannot afford these players and more!

apperently the other guys are just going across for incentives they just want to play finals and with those guys you would think corio would be a close contender for top 3

apperently the other guys are just going across for incentives they just want to play finals and with those guys you would think corio would be a close contender for top 3

Even so, Rick would command $10k just to play, Stewy between $5-10K, Bury $200-$250/game. I couldn't see Harvey having to play for his supper either. So there is $25k without Harvey included. Add the coach, clifford, holzfiend(pay increase on last season), and it all adds up very quickly.
It simply doesn't leave a lot leftover for their incentives scheme.

Even so, Rick would command $10k just to play, Stewy between $5-10K, Bury $200-$250/game. I couldn't see Harvey having to play for his supper either. So there is $25k without Harvey included. Add the coach, clifford, holzfiend(pay increase on last season), and it all adds up very quickly.
It simply doesn't leave a lot leftover for their incentives scheme.

I heard today that Corio also have signed Andrew Ferguson and Shane Manning from Newcomb, signed both of them last week, so they won't be going there for nothing.

they killed drysdale in the semi final...

would pay stewart what ever he wants to stay in the bfl to play with drysdale

Heard Newcomb will offer Stewart assistant coach job to keep him at Newcomb next season, also they are speaking to a ex Corio coach to offer him the job of non playing coack next week.

I heard today that Corio also have signed Andrew Ferguson and Shane Manning from Newcomb, signed both of them last week, so they won't be going there for nothing.

Corio would be very strong once again you would think if they land all these guys. Anynews out of east geelong are they losing any players or recruiting any?? Heard Rob Chamberlain is going to the GFL would he cut it in that league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back