GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard A smith was unstoppable at full forward and P elliot was splitting through the packs?? can anyone confirm this?
Haven't seen anything of this Whitehead guy come in yet looks like he must be staying put at Kolora-Noorat (wherever that is). Winch has been busy with the clearance forms though guess in a few days time they get a chance to see how fruitful its been.
Heard the ruckman Attrill isn't all that much chop something about heading into contests with his eyes closed? I see Dane Maxwell has put in for a clearance I'd say that if successful he will be the main man there at Winch.
Heard Coxon has been carrying back injuries over the past few years but gives 110% apparently he had a small stint at Terang twos in the Hampden league and held his own may be the solid roving type player Winch needs if his fitness improves although also heard he is a bit of a Benny Cousins and lets his social activities put a dampner on how far he can go.

RimDog clearly has no clue on the GDFL.
His comments on various teams is incorrect, and very questionable.
I refer especially to him comments on players walking out on Werribee- Pretty much the reverse there RimDog! They have about 60 players to pick from this week mate.:thumbsdown:
Go and put a finger up your dot RimDog and get a life.

RimDog clearly has no clue on the GDFL.
His comments on various teams is incorrect, and very questionable.
I refer especially to him comments on players walking out on Werribee- Pretty much the reverse there RimDog! They have about 60 players to pick from this week mate.:thumbsdown:
Go and put a finger up your dot RimDog and get a life.

gee fat cat is angry today...are you on heat kitty? why say my comments on various teams are incorrect, then only tell us bout werribe. wake up to yourself you dill pickle. i dont care how many players you have to pick from, it's about quality, not quantity and from my opinion you have a serious lack of top end players. can't see you getting to close to many teams this year, in fact you could be battling it out for the timber spoon.

"go and put a finger up your dot rimdog and get a life." quite funny but struggling to come to terms with how that would provide me with a life. dont know what you boys down at werribee do in the change rooms but i'm pretty sure you wont keep to many of the fellas down there if your encouraging them to fingerbang themselves.

p.s carro rules

Haven't seen anything of this Whitehead guy come in yet looks like he must be staying put at Kolora-Noorat (wherever that is). Winch has been busy with the clearance forms though guess in a few days time they get a chance to see how fruitful its been.
Heard the ruckman Attrill isn't all that much chop something about heading into contests with his eyes closed? I see Dane Maxwell has put in for a clearance I'd say that if successful he will be the main man there at Winch.
Heard Coxon has been carrying back injuries over the past few years but gives 110% apparently he had a small stint at Terang twos in the Hampden league and held his own may be the solid roving type player Winch needs if his fitness improves although also heard he is a bit of a Benny Cousins and lets his social activities put a dampner on how far he can go.

Are all these guys mentioned, able to fill the void left by the departure of more than 50% of last years team? There has been a serious hole left by having many "quality" personal leave for different leagues.

drago, obviously footy isn't your strong point. my easties will walk all over a weak inverleigh. i know skrobba isn't playing but we have other avenues that i'm sure will stand up when it comes to it. to fthink your teams fortunes revolve around one bloke tells me you are not a senior player and if you are i dont think you'l be there to long.
i agree that the boys from the hill will get up against the devils, with or without r.o'toole. he's not the player he used to be and we all know that. i hope you boys aren't going to give him this much respect when you come up against him.
werribee is no chance against anakie. to many players gone and not enough new players to fill the void. and i hear carro is a certainty for round 1
i agree with you for banockburn
although it's an easy start to the season for the reigning premiers, i'm pretty sure they'll be knocked from they're pearch this year. they stole that flag last year. gonna be a different story this time round

I'm not sure if you have really sat down and engaged your brain before you let your fingers type away, but he has just come off a season (supposidly of a higher level) where he won the league b&f by the length of the Flemington straight. I would say thats pretty good form leading into a new season, wouldn't you?

gee fat cat is angry today...are you on heat kitty? why say my comments on various teams are incorrect, then only tell us bout werribe. wake up to yourself you dill pickle. i dont care how many players you have to pick from, it's about quality, not quantity and from my opinion you have a serious lack of top end players. can't see you getting to close to many teams this year, in fact you could be battling it out for the timber spoon.

"go and put a finger up your dot rimdog and get a life." quite funny but struggling to come to terms with how that would provide me with a life. dont know what you boys down at werribee do in the change rooms but i'm pretty sure you wont keep to many of the fellas down there if your encouraging them to fingerbang themselves.

p.s carro rules

Having bagged you on the last post "rimma", sorry Centurions, I agree with the "dog" on this one.

congrats to belmont. good to see that they won the flag last season. sorry to hear that dubbsy missed out though, must have been shattered.
is he playing again this season? ox i would like my jumper and trophy back one day perhaps. henry

they say corio will b in the mix at the busines end every year for the past 8 years.. all the devs hav done is got there '04' '05' side bak that couldnt win a premiereship bak then and all they hav done is got a couple more blow ins... no chance in 08....

Hill to win by 5 goals. And set an early statement to the rest of the league that this year they mean business. Heard the old fella BATTY is pulling on the boots against corio to play down back anyone heard this??

Hill to win by 5 goals. And set an early statement to the rest of the league that this year they mean business. Heard the old fella BATTY is pulling on the boots against corio to play down back anyone heard this??

the hill have recruited as well as anyone else id say this year. plenty of talent and a squeeze for spots for the firsts. with batty i must say i havent seen or heard of any sign of this at all. but bph vs corio definantly a big measuring stick for both sides first up , also thompson bannockburn to be a goood one

Are all these guys mentioned, able to fill the void left by the departure of more than 50% of last years team? There has been a serious hole left by having many "quality" personal leave for different leagues.
When one door closes another one opens! Going off the transfersThere has been as many Ins as outs down there at Winch. Appears a couple are ex gfl under 18s Ive been told they will be a young side so anything can happen. Maybe the start of a rebuilding phase for the club? I guess they will get there first test this Saturday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

on a different note.

the wind gusts today remind me of a normal day in "the forward pocket" at Modda.

Fond memories of the boundary umps getting more possessions than anyone on the ground.

they say corio will b in the mix at the busines end every year for the past 8 years.. all the devs hav done is got there '04' '05' side bak that couldnt win a premiereship bak then and all they hav done is got a couple more blow ins... no chance in 08....

at least they keep coming back.Who do u support Dougy?
Never heard of a "Dougy" thats played GD.
Oh sorry, you must play two's or your the "blow-in"

Where do you come from RimDog? Time to fess up on who you are and where your from? Im tipping the banks of Corio by your ability to put a sentence together......:eek:
I look forward to getting back on here in about July when Werribee are up there kicking goals, and laughing at some of my former Geelong clubs.....

it seems that there are a few ppl givin centrals no chance in hell this yr.. i think ppl will b supprised at how competitive they will b and will give some of the better teams headaches.. ppl shouldnt b suprised if they come out this week against anakie and beat them.. but beat them well..

Where do you come from RimDog? Time to fess up on who you are and where your from? Im tipping the banks of Corio by your ability to put a sentence together......:eek:
I look forward to getting back on here in about July when Werribee are up there kicking goals, and laughing at some of my former Geelong clubs.....

your more than welcome to go back through previous posts and you'll find out where my alligience is. i could tell you but i wanted to make it a little bit harder for you so you can get used to the hard slog your in for this year.
laughing at your former geelong clubs hey? so your a turncoat...if thats the case you'll be lucky to play to many games this year seeing as you'll have a bounty on your head in most games. good luck with that. it will be quite funny in july when you get back in here after a club fingerbang night and confess that you were wrong after it is revealed that it is mathematically impossible for the centrals to make the finals. but hey, we can only wait till then.
just a quick question...have you got any info on carro? i though his name was corro, but one of the boys informed me it was carro. how is is travelling? will he be back to his golden days form of the late 90's?

With all the talk about Corio, Whinch, Werribee and even BPH to an extent, are we losing sight of the fact that neither of these teams were close enough to challenge for honours in 07?
Yeah sure, recruiting has proved fruitful, but the Devils had no-one last year, so they can only improve. BPH have also recriuted well, but to square the ledger, have lost some important personal. Whinch and Werr have both turned over alot of numbers.
Which takes me to the Grand finalists, East have lost a total of 3 players (Chamberlin hurts), and picked up numerious players over the summer.
Belmont have a list of ins longer than my arm, with Tate the only possible big name loss. (excuse if offended anyone, don't know them all).
Looking at the sportsbet odds, I'd say there is a bit of value to take honours this season

Would be quite amusing to watch Bats run around this year. The big fella is still celebrating captaining BPHCC 6ths to another premiership last week and these celebrations show no sign of slowing down! He is, however, chairman of selectors at the Hill but may sneak a game or 2 in during the year. Been a long time since he played there and he may need another 6-8 weeks of training to get used to the gentle breeze that always blows across Myers Res!

I see nickbrady has pulled his head in, got off this forum, and is back to wat he is best at, being a shit bloke...
Im not quite sure who you are bobbyjohn but i have been busy training with the mighty gulls.. i will prob be starting on ball in the GFL reserves this year which is probably the equivalent of playing in your 1s anyway

Im not quite sure who you are bobbyjohn but i have been busy training with the mighty gulls.. i will prob be starting on ball in the GFL reserves this year which is probably the equivalent of playing in your 1s anyway
the only reason your apparently getting a game onball is because there not that much talent at the gulls anymore. you were not in there best 22 last year if i recall right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back