GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 goals in 3 quarters is a fair effort.

"It was the first sign of the Centrals' progress since their GDFL premiership in 2004."

what a crock of shit this statement is. the journo wouldn't know his arse from his head. Centrals beat a side who is clearly ____ed and he makes this statement.

If they come out tomorrow and beat banno then maybe we can start seeing some real progress at Galvin Park. It should be a good game.

Haven't seen anything of this Whitehead guy come in yet looks like he must be staying put at Kolora-Noorat (wherever that is). Winch has been busy with the clearance forms though guess in a few days time they get a chance to see how fruitful its been.
Heard the ruckman Attrill isn't all that much chop something about heading into contests with his eyes closed? I see Dane Maxwell has put in for a clearance I'd say that if successful he will be the main man there at Winch.
Heard Coxon has been carrying back injuries over the past few years but gives 110% apparently he had a small stint at Terang twos in the Hampden league and held his own may be the solid roving type player Winch needs if his fitness improves although also heard he is a bit of a Benny Cousins and lets his social activities put a dampner on how far he can go.

Heard that too. Needs to clean himself up a bit. Also heard he's starting on the bench this week so that back must be causing him a bit of trouble. It's a shame, the kid has talent to burn.

Speaking of talent to burn and benny cousins. Winch has a lanky kid at training who wears the #9 west coast guernsey, shame that his legs are letting him down at the moment may have tried to do to much to early on the hard ovals. Watch out for him when up and running though.
Tip of the week is for coxon to tear it up as an impact player off the bench.

Which older blokes are you talking about best ever? from what i gather there's only about 5 senior players from last year in the side......................

I just hope this crappy start to the season doen't affect em offield. New President down there taking over from Roger, and they need the town behind them

Which older blokes are you talking about best ever? from what i gather there's only about 5 senior players from last year in the side......................

I went and watched the Winch V North game but missed the Winch V Werribee game. I have followed winch the last few years. The senior players that I recognised playing in the North game were: Mawson, Day, Mathison and Worland. Mawson is getting on, Day looked extremely unfit, Mathison played well down back and Worland was a standout. I think Winchelsea's problem is they have to no forwards and are lacking a decent on-baller. The older players cant be blamed, they have lost alot of quality players.

went and watched thomson put away north geelong today. good game of footy from a neutral point of view.. jackson macleod was great once again although the delivery at times was pretty poor.. wasn't too many stand out performers.. although they lost pretty convincingly in the end north have some pretty solid young players

Well done Inverleigh beating Corio, Bill Nichols done his calf in the 1st quarter and could be out for up to 8 weeks. And i heard today that corio could be losing their points as Mick Turner played the 1st 2-3 rounds not cleared from Nth Shore! Can anyone confirm? And Bell Post beating Anakie by a shitload is good for the comp!

I did see that his clearance was only put in during the week but assumed that he played the first two games with permits. I'd be very suprised if Corio tried to get away with this or simply just forgot. Definately well done Inverleigh. Who would have thought there'd be no undefeated teams after 3 rounds!

went and watched thomson put away north geelong today. good game of footy from a neutral point of view.. jackson macleod was great once again although the delivery at times was pretty poor.. wasn't too many stand out performers.. although they lost pretty convincingly in the end north have some pretty solid young players
Speaking of thomson is there any truth the LION KING has swapped clubs and is now known as the Tiger King ?

Well done Inverleigh beating Corio, Bill Nichols done his calf in the 1st quarter and could be out for up to 8 weeks. And i heard today that corio could be losing their points as Mick Turner played the 1st 2-3 rounds not cleared from Nth Shore! Can anyone confirm? And Bell Post beating Anakie by a shitload is good for the comp!

Even East smacking West on Friday night? I thought it would have been alot closer, coming off their encouraging draw from the previous week.

Anakie gone from chocolates to boiled lollies. Beat the premiers one week, get smacked by 100+ the following by a winless side.
Corio, the dream team, could not overcome a side who hardly won last season, and didn't seem to recruit too heavily? I may be mistaken.
Werribee got a lot closer than I thought to Bannockburn.

I'm drawing a very, very long bow, but could the juicy odd's avaliable on sports bet have any bearing on results? I don't think so, but it is very hard to pick winners at present.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of talent to burn and benny cousins. Winch has a lanky kid at training who wears the #9 west coast guernsey, shame that his legs are letting him down at the moment may have tried to do to much to early on the hard ovals. Watch out for him when up and running though.
Tip of the week is for coxon to tear it up as an impact player off the bench.
Your prediction was spot on! Coxon limped from the ground in the second quarter looks like he might be out for a few weeks at least

Purple and Gold don't look good on me... In fact they don't look good on anyone! The views still good from the top of the ladder :)[/quote
we down at godfrey st. would be happy to have you back lion king, as you are a former purple&gold super star. but as you know L.K the colours dont do anything for the figure.:D

really loooks like the competition may be alot more even across the board this year. still cant figure out how inverliegh beat corio. heard nicholls reported by 5 different umpires could someone explain what the rason for? bell post hill destroying anakie after people gave them nearly no chance, banno letting weribee get a bit closer than they should. few teams looking a bit unpredictable as for now. i did catch east geelong vs west and east loooked impressive at times, skrobalak really addressing the team with alot of purpose and passion, determined to go one further this year

I did see that his clearance was only put in during the week but assumed that he played the first two games with permits. I'd be very suprised if Corio tried to get away with this or simply just forgot. Definately well done Inverleigh. Who would have thought there'd be no undefeated teams after 3 rounds!
Is there any truth in this or is it like a lot of stuff posted here in the past week - mostrly crap. I am pretty sure pemits can only be used to go up in level and not the other way.
Be interesting to see what happens with this over the next week.
Info on the web is pretty clear cut showing a player selected that has not got a clearance meaning points are reversed and club is fined.

anybody willing to come out on a limb and have a stab at the top 5 this early in the season?

Inverleigh
Corio
East Geelong
Bell Post Hill
Thomson

Seen Inverleigh play yesterday very fit, very fast and a young side will be hard to stop this year and so i heard at the game still a few key players 2 come bak from injury. Corio never looked like winning they were lucky not 2 hav got flogged. The only reason they didnt was was they got a lot of ridiculas free kicks close 2 goals. the umpiring was really poor how they missed some of the things that happened was puzzling if i was umpiring would hav sent 2 corio players off in the last quarter.
Cant believe only 1 person so far has the hawks in the top 5, a team doesnt fluke beating 2 highly rated teams 2 weeks in a row.
Noel Fanning and all other gdfl media people will be eating humble pie at the moment none of them give the hawks any chance of getting out of the bottom 2 this year, and didnt give them a chance in the last 2 weeks to win, wonder if they will tip them against west this week????????? will be interesting

Inverleigh
Corio
East Geelong
Bell Post Hill
Thomson

Seen Inverleigh play yesterday very fit, very fast and a young side will be hard to stop this year and so i heard at the game still a few key players 2 come bak from injury. Corio never looked like winning they were lucky not 2 hav got flogged. The only reason they didnt was was they got a lot of ridiculas free kicks close 2 goals. the umpiring was really poor how they missed some of the things that happened was puzzling if i was umpiring would hav sent 2 corio players off in the last quarter.
Cant believe only 1 person so far has the hawks in the top 5, a team doesnt fluke beating 2 highly rated teams 2 weeks in a row.
Noel Fanning and all other gdfl media people will be eating humble pie at the moment none of them give the hawks any chance of getting out of the bottom 2 this year, and didnt give them a chance in the last 2 weeks to win, wonder if they will tip them against west this week????????? will be interesting

And here they come form the hills. I wonder how many Hawks will break the edict of no publishing on Big Footy now they have rolled Corio.

Inverleigh
East Geelong
Corio
Bell Post Hill
Anakie

Inverleigh look like the team to beat in 08, corio looked a bit of the boil on the weekend. Keep and eye on the hawks and East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back