GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bell Post Hill are struggling to get numbers and there better player are aging. Look out for the teams like East and corio making there way to the top.

Are the small numbers a pre-christmas thing or are they really without personal. I heard a couple of former Bell Park boys following Hill's new assistant? Can anyone confirm?

His last name is Martin, I'm not sure if it's Brett or Brad or something like that.
Is this the same Brad Martin that spent time at Werribee VFL a few years back. Good player and definately provide some drive out of defence, if he still plays there

Unsure if he spent time at Werribee, but I do think he plays in defence.

Brad Martin was on werribe vfl list years ago did not play snrs and has not played alot of late, but you would think he would still be a very handy recruit, especially if he brings some bell park boys with him.

Bell Post could be Thomsons main danger this year

Brad Martin was on werribe vfl list years ago did not play snrs and has not played alot of late, but you would think he would still be a very handy recruit, especially if he brings some bell park boys with him.

Bell Post could be Thomsons main danger this year

Little has been said of Bannock, does this mean they have lost a few and are sliding out of calculations?
And, would a couple of boys from Bell Park really close the gap on Thomson with their rummoured sigings?

I spoke to someone from Werribee Centrals and he said that up to 20 players from last years list have left the club. He said that they could really struggle to field two teams this year.

I spoke to someone from Werribee Centrals and he said that up to 20 players from last years list have left the club. He said that they could really struggle to field two teams this year.
i have heard the same thing newton. at least 10 of that 20 would be regular senior players as well. there is even rumours now that jason fastuca who had taken the assistant coaching job on at centrals is thinking about moving to bell park in the gfl....things are looking terrible at the club.

Why is this kooley? There coach has left but surely he has not taken all the players with him,is there other drama at he club causing problems? Werribee have always been one of the top clubs are you predicting that they will struggle for a while?

Also Bannock have been very quiet does any one know how they are going players leaving or players signed???

Why is this kooley? There coach has left but surely he has not taken all the players with him,is there other drama at he club causing problems? Werribee have always been one of the top clubs are you predicting that they will struggle for a while?

Also Bannock have been very quiet does any one know how they are going players leaving or players signed???
apparently the club took forever to appoint a coach when chris gilham decided leave. very slack effort indeed by the club considering gilham told the club of his intentions before the end of the season.
this resulted in players being lured to other clubs such as bacchus marsh who is being coached by dion miles who is a werribee lad and obviously gillo who is coaching west saints in the gfl.
with the late appointment of cori wallace as coach it has been near on impossible to recruit any players to centrals because most of the quality players on the market had already committed to other clubs.

centrals also had a number of promising young players last year who came from werribee under 18's. the word is that all of these youngsters about 6 of them in total have gone to the werribee amateurs to play under kirk norton who coached the boys when they played in the under 18's.

the most concerning thing for centrals is that some of the remaining decent players on thier list will probably leave as well if things don't get better.

apparently the club took forever to appoint a coach when chris gilham decided leave. very slack effort indeed by the club considering gilham told the club of his intentions before the end of the season.
this resulted in players being lured to other clubs such as bacchus marsh who is being coached by dion miles who is a werribee lad and obviously gillo who is coaching west saints in the gfl.
with the late appointment of cori wallace as coach it has been near on impossible to recruit any players to centrals because most of the quality players on the market had already committed to other clubs.

centrals also had a number of promising young players last year who came from werribee under 18's. the word is that all of these youngsters about 6 of them in total have gone to the werribee amateurs to play under kirk norton who coached the boys when they played in the under 18's.

the most concerning thing for centrals is that some of the remaining decent players on thier list will probably leave as well if things don't get better.
No players from last year Kooley have been contacted at all to start pre-season training, this appears to be the real problem. Not a letter, not a phone call from the coaches or the club. You can't blame players for moving on if this is this case.

Things dont sound good down there, but looks like they have themselves to blame, in one way its good for the other clubs if they wont be a finals threat in an other dont want the GDFL becoming a two horse race before the season starts.

Who does everyone think the real movers will be either way can one of the cellar dwellers improve enough to make finals and can anyone give Thomson a real run for there money????

I tip the mighty Hill to be a real threat this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things dont sound good down there, but looks like they have themselves to blame, in one way its good for the other clubs if they wont be a finals threat in an other dont want the GDFL becoming a two horse race before the season starts.

Who does everyone think the real movers will be either way can one of the cellar dwellers improve enough to make finals and can anyone give Thomson a real run for there money????

I tip the mighty Hill to be a real threat this year.

On what basis do you make this assumption. New players, maturing youngsters, no injuries? because they clearly could not match the top two last year!

On what basis do you make this assumption. New players, maturing youngsters, no injuries? because they clearly could not match the top two last year!

If you check last years results you will see that the hill were mighty close in all games against Thomson and Bannock, lead Thomson all day in there first clash and were beaten after the siren by bannock in an other, coming from fifth to only lose by a couple in the prelim final was a good effort.

The list is improving should have a better draw than last year, bannock may have lost to many so i think the hill will be right there in september.

Any word on Anakie? they seemed to recruit well last pre season and improve this year, Does anyone know if they have recruited well this year and wheather they will be a contender in 07?

Surely East Geelong must be a chance to make the finals.

Do people think this is possible?

I think it is possible Scrobalak if he gets enough suply will kick bagfuls so for his sake i hope he has recruited some on ballers. saying that they were a long way back last year so id reckon ten solid players would be needed to sneal into the five.

Top Five

Thomson
Bell Post
Nth Geelong ( have not heard much about them lately but always there abouts)
Bannockburn
?????? for fifth maybe corio they did well considering the amount of people left last season.

I think it is possible Scrobalak if he gets enough suply will kick bagfuls so for his sake i hope he has recruited some on ballers. saying that they were a long way back last year so id reckon ten solid players would be needed to sneal into the five.

Top Five

Thomson
Bell Post
Nth Geelong ( have not heard much about them lately but always there abouts)
Bannockburn
?????? for fifth maybe corio they did well considering the amount of people left last season.
if the big fellow can stay injury free east would have to be a chance to play finals this year. they finished 5th in 2005, had a terrible year last season but with the influx of some quality players and the possible demise of werribee centrals east could be the eam to replace them in the 5.

the word around as well is that corio will improve again this year, so they would be finals calculations as well.

Does anybody know if any games are played by juniors etc on Sunday afternoona on galvin park in footy season on either of there ovals??

Do the juniors play every Sunday at Galvin? What time do they finish? Do they use both ovals?
I'm pretty sure there is juniors there every Sunday on the main oval. they don't play on the other ground as a rule. there are usually games on in the mid morning through to the afternoon.

North Geelong are coached by ex Torquay reserves coach Jim Alford. I have heard he has 2 torquay 2nds players there but havent heard much else.
Have corio picked up a few?

North Geelong are coached by ex Torquay reserves coach Jim Alford. I have heard he has 2 torquay 2nds players there but havent heard much else.
Have corio picked up a few?
Don't know much about him is he playing coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back