GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North Geelong are coached by ex Torquay reserves coach Jim Alford. I have heard he has 2 torquay 2nds players there but havent heard much else.
Have corio picked up a few?

Jim Alford- if it's the same bloke, he coached St.Leonards to a 1-17 record in 1987.

One win you say...well better than their first two years (85-86) when they won nothing!

Beat Ocean Grove for its first win, Jimmy was captain-coach and momentarily a local legend.

Jim Alford- if it's the same bloke, he coached St.Leonards to a 1-17 record in 1987.

One win you say...well better than their first two years (85-86) when they won nothing!

Beat Ocean Grove for its first win, Jimmy was captain-coach and momentarily a local legend.
Sounds Like Nth Geelong are going after the heavy artillery :rolleyes:

Jim Alford is known as a players coach. He worked well with other torquay coaches. i guess we will see how he goes by himself.

I would suggest he will struggle as the senior coach at torquay took most of the training in the last few years. His son plays down there from what i hear. Not sure how he goes?

Jim Alford is known as a players coach. He worked well with other torquay coaches. i guess we will see how he goes by himself.

I would suggest he will struggle as the senior coach at torquay took most of the training in the last few years. His son plays down there from what i hear. Not sure how he goes?

I thought that his son was Alan Alford from Nth Geelong last year! But hey, I could be wrong.

i highly doubt gdfl is guna start...its already been delayed a month atleast and seens as winchelsea didnt end up gettin the thumps up from the shire the only half decent ground is werribee so people tell me so i doubt whether it will get a start

It seems you are very much hung up on this topic, because that's all you seem to post about. Give us something exciting to talk about! Something thats positive.

sorry mate typo. Alan Alford is his sone and he is coaching north geelong.

I hear GDFL are kicking in $40,000 each for 7 grounds. They will play 6 rounds at the start of the season at these grounds and then if the other six grounds are ready to go they will play the next six there.

Can anyone confirm this rumour?

I hear GDFL are kicking in $40,000 each for 7 grounds. They will play 6 rounds at the start of the season at these grounds and then if the other six grounds are ready to go they will play the next six there.

Cant confirm obi but i hope your right people keep saying we wont get a start but if common sense prevails we should be ok.Season suppose to start may 5th does anyone know if they are cutting out all byes and maybe moving back finals to get more rounds????

Rumour has it, 4 grounds to be watered. Werribee, BPH, Corio & not sure of the other one. Season starts at round 4, with all bye's and split rounds no longer. So, at this stage a 16 round season & finals as normal.

apperantly jay bett got this hand caught in a blender making margarita's...... lost his fingers and will be out for half a season...

Rumour has it, 4 grounds to be watered. Werribee, BPH, Corio & not sure of the other one. Season starts at round 4, with all bye's and split rounds no longer. So, at this stage a 16 round season & finals as normal.
Werribee's ground has been constantly watered throughout the summer using recycled water. It is tip top condition.

Bell Post's ground Myer's Reserve was featured on the front page of the Geelong Advertiser recently and is as dry as a bone.The same can be said about Corio's Shell reserve.

Werribee's ground has been constantly watered throughout the summer using recycled water. It is tip top condition.

Bell Post's ground Myer's Reserve was featured on the front page of the Geelong Advertiser recently and is as dry as a bone.The same can be said about Corio's Shell reserve.

If you read the article, instead of just looking at the pictures, you would be better informed as to what they plan to do.

Are you disputing Myer's Reserve isn't dry?

No the picture is quite clear, but if you had read my post clearly, I stated that these grounds "are to be watered". I understand that from March 1st, they are exempt from restrictions, enabling them to water as needed.
I am aware that werribee were already doing this, because Stage 3 restrictions only began on Jan 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No the picture is quite clear, but if you had read my post clearly, I stated that these grounds "are to be watered". I understand that from March 1st, they are exempt from restrictions, enabling them to water as needed.
I am aware that werribee were already doing this, because Stage 3 restrictions only began on Jan 1.
I read your post clearly and you said that those grounds are rumoured to be watered.......I'm just stating that at the moment Myer's reserve is as dry as a bone whereas Werribee Centrals ground is very green.

i heard they have lost there coach and are chasing haami williams but want him to play forward.

I am not an expert on ground keeping but surely the rain we have had will help the grounds, lets hope we get more of it.

Heard on the weekend that Thompson will be ordinary this season can anyone confirm this?

i heard they have lost there coach and are chasing haami williams but want him to play forward.

I am not an expert on ground keeping but surely the rain we have had will help the grounds, lets hope we get more of it.

Heard on the weekend that Thompson will be ordinary this season can anyone confirm this?

Lets get fair dinkum if thomson have lost players lets hope they have for all our sakes, it would not matter they were so far in front last year. They will never be ordinary maybe they just might be brought back to the pack.

Lets get fair dinkum if thomson have lost players lets hope they have for all our sakes, it would not matter they were so far in front last year. They will never be ordinary maybe they just might be brought back to the pack.
I didn't think Thomson dominated the final series like they did the year before.....The grandfinal was closer than expected.

I didn't think Thomson dominated the final series like they did the year before.....The grandfinal was closer than expected.

Yes both finals where a little closer than expected between thomson and bannock but winning back to back flags not losing a game in 2006, dont know about you but i would call that dominant. Would you ????

Just wondering if someone could tell me what sort of year Mick Rowe had at North Geelong. I used to play with him and I was just interested on how he was going with his footy. Had a great leap and used to take a hanger every week also used to kick a few goals, played mostly as a forward pocket. That was a few years back now but just wondering if he still goes alright.

Yes both finals where a little closer than expected between thomson and bannock but winning back to back flags not losing a game in 2006, dont know about you but i would call that dominant. Would you ????
You're right on the account that winning every game and taking out the grandfinal appears to be a dominant year but to me Thomson look beatable in the finals......In saying that Thomson have been by far the best team over the last 2 years probably due to fact that some of the other teams like Werribee Centrals have dropped away a bit.
With both Gardiner and Atchison a year older hopefully Thomson can come back to the field a bit in 2007.

You're right on the account that winning every game and taking out the grandfinal appears to be a dominant year but to me Thomson look beatable in the finals......In saying that Thomson have been by far the best team over the last 2 years probably due to fact that some of the other teams like Werribee Centrals have dropped away a bit.With both Gardiner and Atchison a year older hopefully Thomson can come back to the field a bit in 2007.
Just been on the Werribee Centrals website they're pleading for new players to the club.

Heard on the weekend that Thompson will be ordinary this season can anyone confirm this?[/quote]

With inclusions of Jenkinson, Panozzo and maybe Royce Vardy, I very much doubt this comment.

Ive been getting around to a few club training sessions, last nigth my mate went down and watched the eagles train for the last 30mins.

He said they looked very sharp. Also younger brother of skrobolak trained and looked very good. He is a backman that is suggested to be very talented and from what i hear last night got a few eagles excited.

Players are impressed with the coach and young coy as assistant, he seems to be making a great reputation in the coaching ranks.

Ive been getting around to a few club training sessions, last nigth my mate went down and watched the eagles train for the last 30mins.

He said they looked very sharp. Also younger brother of skrobolak trained and looked very good. He is a backman that is suggested to be very talented and from what i hear last night got a few eagles excited.

Players are impressed with the coach and young coy as assistant, he seems to be making a great reputation in the coaching ranks.
What other clubs have you seen train?????

In fact I don't think you have seen any other clubs train except east geelong. you wouldn't happen to be either skroblak's brother or young coy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back