GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure that Bowyer has played a great deal over the last couple of years. Maybe there is room for the both of them.
Someone mentioned earlier about there not being enough money in the GDFL, what would your top footballer be worth. Say a Fastuca, Lewis, Russell etc. I'm sure money bags Suto would have commanded a packet!

i reckon about $250 to $300 a game would be tops in the GDFL.

i reckon about $250 to $300 a game would be tops in the GDFL.

Would Suto have left for so little (in his terms)?

I think it's great that $250-$300 is regarded as tops, because it can be the downfall of an entire club should it exceed this.

Heard Anakie have splashed the cash. Do they still fit into this range?

Would Suto have left for so little (in his terms)?
I think it's great that $250-$300 is regarded as tops, because it can be the downfall of an entire club should it exceed this.

Heard Anakie have splashed the cash. Do they still fit into this range?
correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't suto just ok in the gdfl. i wouldn't have thought he was worth much more than $150 a game even though he was obviously getting more than that.

correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't suto just ok in the gdfl. i wouldn't have thought he was worth much more than $150 a game even though he was obviously getting more than that.

Only seen him play in the GFL, and was leading goal kicker. Thought he would have dominated GDFL, if the difference in leagues is as big as everyone suggests.

Only seen him play in the GFL, and was leading goal kicker. Thought he would have dominated GDFL, if the difference in leagues is as big as everyone suggests.
i'm pretty sure he didn't dominate. he maybe bagged goals against the bottom sides but he struggled against te top ones. i maybe wrong though.

he did dominate in gdfl but he was easts only goal scorer had there been another key foward im sure he wouldnt have got as many opputunities.

who does everyone rate as the best players in the league

Fastuca, werribee
broom, bannockburn
russle, inverleigh

apparently theres about 5 or 6 on at least 300 a game at anakie a theres a few getting more than that aswell so there throwing big bucks about. back in town some of those guys wouldnt get a cent and none of them would get over 100 but they have to get people out to that dump some how

he did dominate in gdfl but he was easts only goal scorer had there been another key foward im sure he wouldnt have got as many opputunities.

Zuto will be in a forward line with Skrobolak, oleary, coy so he wont get the opportunites but that forward line might take some stopping.

Lets just hope east can get it down there because if they do they will be kicking some big scores. Something like this needs to happen at east.

Zuto will be in a forward line with Skrobolak, oleary, coy so he wont get the opportunites but that forward line might take some stopping.

Lets just hope east can get it down there because if they do they will be kicking some big scores. Something like this needs to happen at east.

Suto will hate not being the "number 1" at the club. I cannot see him and Skrobba combination working. Too many ego's.

i'm pretty sure he didn't dominate. he maybe bagged goals against the bottom sides but he struggled against te top ones. i maybe wrong though.

Zuto, kooley your right he didnt dominate i would say he was dissapointing he may have kicked some goals but the odd bag of 8 to 10 against some very ordinary lower sides in our comp in 30 goal wins is no mean feat,his returns against the top sides was very very ordinary, goals against Thomson and other finals teams he would have barely kicked 2 or 3. I think he played 1 final for east and kicked none or maybe 1 i think against centrals.

Dont get me wrong Zuto was a terrific player in much better comps than this but he is just well past his best. Age helps no one!!!

With the talent east has recruited in the midfield getting in down there shouldn't be a problem at all. I'd expect them to kick some big scores.

Zuto, kooley your right he didnt dominate i would say he was dissapointing he may have kicked some goals but the odd bag of 8 to 10 against some very ordinary lower sides in our comp in 30 goal wins is no mean feat,his returns against the top sides was very very ordinary, goals against Thomson and other finals teams he would have barely kicked 2 or 3. I think he played 1 final for east and kicked none or maybe 1 i think against centrals.

Dont get me wrong Zuto was a terrific player in much better comps than this but he is just well past his best. Age helps no one!!!

If Zuto can kick 3 goals per game over 15 games there is 45 goals, if skrobolak can kick 80 plus , O leary around 50 , coy 25 there is almost 200 goals there which is 13 goals per game over 15 games. Then you have onballer chipping in and other players that may step up.

Egos can win finals if rubbed the right way. east will finish top 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Zuto can kick 3 goals per game over 15 games there is 45 goals, if skrobolak can kick 80 plus , O leary around 50 , coy 25 there is almost 200 goals there which is 13 goals per game over 15 games. Then you have onballer chipping in and other players that may step up.

:eek:

any truth to the rumours that the geelong league may have a year off due to the drought and subsequent ground conditions

i woulnt say egos win finals but confidence does and they are both confident and both have runs on the board.

What you got to say about Kooley? Surely you agree

Top 4 is a big call. They were a long way of the pace last year. Their backline was very brittle, and their onballers lazy. A champion team will always beat a team of champions... Give me Thomson anyday

Top 4 is a big call. They were a long way of the pace last year. Their backline was very brittle, and their onballers lazy. A champion team will always beat a team of champions... Give me Thomson anyday

Of coarse anyone would take thompson as they have won the last few flags. Ive heard some good feedback about east. Players are said to be very happy with how training is going. Skrobolak is a team builder.
Not so sure about ego

Who will they replace?

Of coarse anyone would take thompson as they have won the last few flags. Ive heard some good feedback about east. Players are said to be very happy with how training is going. Skrobolak is a team builder.
Not so sure about ego

reports are that thompson are struggling for numbers getting around 10 to training so maybe not take them

Who will they replace?

I Would suggest the ladder will finish like this.

Thompson
Bell post hill
Bannockburn
East Geelong
North / corio (could be either)

Is there any trust to the rumour East Geelong have signed ex Hawthorn and Sydney swans player Chris Obst?

Thompson
Bell post hill
Bannockburn
East Geelong

Is there any trust to the rumour East Geelong have signed ex Hawthorn and Sydney swans player Chris Obst?

Surley not. That would be huge if they did. From what i recall he was captain of port melbourne last year.

Thompson
Bell post hill
Bannockburn
East Geelong

I cant see i guy going from VFL one's to the Gdfl, this info cant be right. They were good mates when they played Jets together.

just spoken to a mate from the marsh who told me that Simon Calbert is not happy out there and may return to Centrals or follow Gilham to Geelong West

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back