GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always a lot of debate regarding interleague sides especially early in the year, here would be mine at this stage of the season...

BACKS: Broom (Bann) Williams (B/Lions) Paisley (E/Geel)

H/BACKS: Page (BPH) Tate (Anak) Reardon (Inv)

CENTRES: Spengler (Geel/W) Fastuca (Werr) Gercovich (Thom)

H/FORWARDS: Woods (Bann) Reid (Winch) Berg (Anak)

FORWARDS: M/Grant (Bann) Skrobolak (E/Geel) McLeod (Thom)

FOLL: Gage (Thom) Worland (Winch) Chamberlain (E/Geel)

INT: Lewis (BPH) Fitzsimmons (N/Geel) Harris (Cor)

EMERG: Parker (BPH) Trotter (Inv) Muir (Inv)

Always a few that are going to be stiff to miss, but tried to pick a few from each side.
Would be interesting to see it compete against similar standard league. Would go well IMO as where GDFL drops off is in terms of depth compared to stronger leagues.

Little seen games so far, but this is my side

B Broom Hammond Wallace
HB Martin Hickleton M oleary
C Harriot Fastuca Spengler
HF S Oleary Harris Calbert
F Coy Mull/Gran Skrobalak
R Gage Gercov Harty
INT Bowyer Trotter Fitzsimmons

EM Kitchen Canavan Hoey

After the weekends round, we have seen the "cream" rise to the top.

I think it is great to see such a close competition in 2007
Thompson lost to BPH but still look like the team to beat.
Bannockburn look they are going along nicely. Beat East.
BPH beat Thompson but have lost two on the trot.
East have shown real improvement and look to be the real deal.
Winch have show signs that they are not that far away.
Belmont have improved out of sight and beat BPH which is a great result for them.

I look forward to the rest of the season unfolding.
For me any of the top 4 can win it.
Thompson
East
Bannockburn
BPH

What do these sides have over each other that might make the difference?

I think it is great to see such a close competition in 2007
Thompson lost to BPH but still look like the team to beat.
Bannockburn look they are going along nicely. Beat East.
BPH beat Thompson but have lost two on the trot.
East have shown real improvement and look to be the real deal.
Winch have show signs that they are not that far away.
Belmont have improved out of sight and beat BPH which is a great result for them.

I look forward to the rest of the season unfolding.
For me any of the top 4 can win it.
Thompson
East
Bannockburn
BPH

What do these sides have over each other that might make the difference?
Thompson know how to win big games in finals as shown by winning the last two premierships.

I'm actually surprised at how well Bannockburn are going. For me Bell Post hill are a very weak side when they have to travel.

Bannock are doing very well, and to have a target up forward who continually kick's bags of goals is a great pick-up for them so late in the pre-season.
Thomson have what it takes to win a third flag, but the gap is closing.
East seem to be a good even side, but not sure of there depth should injuries strike key personal.
BPH are in a slump, missing quite a few talls, and need to work on their discipline.
Belmont will trouble sides on their "post stamp" of a ground, but lack quality talls. Too much left to a couple of players.

Whilst I'm at it, the GDFL website is an absolute joke. It started the year by saying it's new and improved, but the only lasted 2 rounds. Now we only get some goal kickers, with many of the games "not recorded". All other leagues have this completed by 18:30pm on Sat night at the latest, but not the GDFL. Sometimes you have to wait until the Monday before any details are printed.
LIFT YOUR GAME whoever you are.

Belmont will trouble sides on their "post stamp" of a ground, but lack quality talls. Too much left to a couple of players.

Well then it's lucky that they have 7 of the next 10 games at home... I don't hear anyone bitching 'bout playing at Bakers oval... Is it a bit easier to play there? Get over it fellas... the Barwon river that is!! See u at the "Resort" :D

Well then it's lucky that they have 7 of the next 10 games at home... I don't hear anyone bitching 'bout playing at Bakers oval... Is it a bit easier to play there? Get over it fellas... the Barwon river that is!! See u at the "Resort" :D
Unfortunately finals aren't played at your shithole.

I heard it may be closed down again after one match, so don't get too comfortable with the idea of playing the next 7/10 at home.

I realise that the season is only 6 weeks old, but that should give BF users an idea as to who would be leading the league B&F at this stage.

Going on early form, I would have to say Gercovich from Thomson would be current favourite, anyone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I realise that the season is only 6 weeks old, but that should give BF users an idea as to who would be leading the league B&F at this stage.

Going on early form, I would have to say Gercovich from Thomson would be current favourite, anyone?

From what i hear Clayton Trotter has been close to best on ground every week.

Unfortunately finals aren't played at your shithole.
That's about the 1st sensible thing you've brought up in a while Newton. This is the last year of the deal for finals at St Albans, Where do we play them from then on? We'll offer up the "Den" for the first year of a rotating roster... :thumbsu:

There will be no rotation on finals venue,after this years finals at St. albans,all finals will be played at bell post hill. Deals already been done with bph,gdfl and geelong city council.

From what i hear Clayton Trotter has been close to best on ground every week.
u cant win a league b&f when you lose by 10 goals every week. daniel gage for thomson would be very high and maybe sam hickleton from banno, even jacko mcloed because a kid kicking goals stands out.

u cant win a league b&f when you lose by 10 goals every week. daniel gage for thomson would be very high and maybe sam hickleton from banno, even jacko mcloed because a kid kicking goals stands out.
I think Trotter has won two league medals playing in sides that have consistently been belted by more than 15 goals each week. It's called a big fish in a small sea syndrome. The umpires love him. Personally I don't think he is in the top 21 players in the competition.

I went down and watched corio v east. East are going to push for a top spot if they can get a good run home.

Can anybody tell me how 'The Brozz' Tom Harriot went on the weekend?

There will be no rotation on finals venue,after this years finals at St. albans,all finals will be played at bell post hill. Deals already been done with bph,gdfl and geelong city council.
He's deadly serious... I can't believe that all other clubs aren't up in arms about this.:mad: Why not play them at Shell Stadium or West oval? This is one big ####-up by the GDFL if you ask me:thumbsdown:

He's deadly serious... I can't believe that all other clubs aren't up in arms about this.:mad: Why not play them at Shell Stadium or West oval? This is one big ####-up by the GDFL if you ask me:thumbsdown:

well bph has brand new club rooms and a great ground. why woud they play them shell oval ? scummy club rooms and which west oval do you mean ??? because if its blue west i woudn't post a comment again if i were you.

well bph has brand new club rooms and a great ground. why woud they play them shell oval ? scummy club rooms and which west oval do you mean ??? because if its blue west i woudn't post a comment again if i were you.
obviously the roosters ground. bell post hill dont deserve to get a home ground advantage when its finals it isnt fair.

yer true but they have up to date grounds and facilities. possiblity of the roosters ground should be good. great veiwing area aswell.
Bulldust mate........! regardless of the new facilities that you mention BPH is a wind swepted hell hole with very little atmosphere at all.

the last time the gdfl played a grandfinal at a gdfl ground was at goddfrey st in 1996 and guess who won that? the only club that will benefit from finals being played at BPH is Bell Post Hill. Very unfair indeed :thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back