GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went and had a look at East and Bannock and diagree with the sentiment.
Very good game of football and either side could have won it.
East were hampered by early injury leaving nothing on the bench and appeared to have a cople of players hempered but still on the ground.
At stages they looked like they just hadn't clicked yet which is understandable given the changeover in personnel and I could only see them getting better.
Given this nothing should be taken away from Bannock as they were very good and I apologise to Sam Hickleton for earlier posts as he played very well on Skrobolak and should have been in Bannock's best.
I think that Dan Gibbs got reported for striking early in the game so we will see what comes from that.

Hey Drago who were the best players for both East and Bannockburn?

I see Kunigiskis was named at FF for Winch. A very good player in his Hoppers crossing days. How did he go?
Kunigiskis was very good for them, got lots of it early. All credit to Winch, much better than the Lions on the day. They'll trouble most sides down there this year, but like Inverleigh,Werribee,Bell Post Hill, Banockburn and Corio the 2nd half of the year might be tough.. It's been a hard month being away each week at the start of the year and it won't be easier doing the same at the end of the year.

centrals unveiled a very nice recruit by the name of derek kickett last week. A contract paid out by hot dogs and beer....look out!

Kunigiskis was very good for them, got lots of it early. All credit to Winch, much better than the Lions on the day. They'll trouble most sides down there this year, but like Inverleigh,Werribee,Bell Post Hill, Banockburn and Corio the 2nd half of the year might be tough.. It's been a hard month being away each week at the start of the year and it won't be easier doing the same at the end of the year.
I totally agree with this, it will be even tougher with these teams have to play their last 5 games away. There is nothing like playing at home so teams like Thompson and East are going to have a pretty good run into the finals. look for Anakie and Nth Geelong to make some in roads in the second half of the season.

I agree with Drago it didnt look like East have fully clicked yet.
This made me look into this a little further. If you look at Skrobolaks coaching record at Torquay in both years they were slow starters and came home with a wet sail.

They struggled against weaker teams early and smashed them later in the year. They lost by big margins to top sides early then beat them later.
Biggest example would be losses to Amatures by 10 goals plus both times then beat them in the Preliminary final by almost 10 goals.

Is this a trend we can look for in East?
Very similar to the Sydney swans.

This made me look into this a little further. If you look at Skrobolaks coaching record at Torquay in both years they were slow starters and came home with a wet sail.

They struggled against weaker teams early and smashed them later in the year. They lost by big margins to top sides early then beat them later.
Biggest example would be losses to Amatures by 10 goals plus both times then beat them in the Preliminary final by almost 10 goals.

east smashed centrals by close to 100 points in rd 2. it will be interesting to see the margin when they play them again in round 13. :eek:

I totally agree with this, it will be even tougher with these teams have to play their last 5 games away. There is nothing like playing at home so teams like Thompson and East are going to have a pretty good run into the finals. look for Anakie and Nth Geelong to make some in roads in the second half of the season.

Having said that, if teams who play their first 5/6 games at home make the most of it, it can be hard playing catch up for the reainder of the year. As the year progresses, injuries set in, the weather becomes ordinary, and the toll of week in, week out football can all have a baring.
For mine, I think Belmont have done a stellar job thus far, along with both Thomson and East.

Having said that, if teams who play their first 5/6 games at home make the most of it, it can be hard playing catch up for the reainder of the year. As the year progresses, injuries set in, the weather becomes ordinary, and the toll of week in, week out football can all have a baring.
For mine, I think Belmont have done a stellar job thus far, along with both Thomson and East.
Thomson just continue to get the job done.

East and Belmont have improved merkadly from last year and their "off-ground" teams should be congratulated.

Now Belmont only need to fix their ground and facilities.

i think its fair 2 say that bell post hill will win the flag for 07. Because for one dere undefeated, have beaten Thomson already, and played as bad as they could possibly play against Anakie and still won. We've got the big hammer, the lewises, swooper arundell, and of course BIG BAD BUSTLING PUMPA PURIC who is soon to get a 1s game. I cant c us losin a game

i think its fair 2 say that bell post hill will win the flag for 07. Because for one dere undefeated, have beaten Thomson already, and played as bad as they could possibly play against Anakie and still won. We've got the big hammer, the lewises, swooper arundell, and of course BIG BAD BUSTLING PUMPA PURIC who is soon to get a 1s game. I cant c us losin a game

who are you nachoes??

idiot.GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big call considering they are yet to play away from home.

You sure do like the "big fella". I hope your missus doesn't find out!

Exactly

Never estimate a team that has been there and done that.

I agree with you there but i watched last week and East has a few player out had one on the bench 15 minutes into the game and key players didnt play well so i think they will improve alot.

19th go back and look over the BFL results on the Football Geelong website and there is a real pattern. let me know what you think?

I agree with you there but i watched last week and East has a few player out had one on the bench 15 minutes into the game and key players didnt play well so i think they will improve alot.

19th go back and look over the BFL results on the Football Geelong website and there is a real pattern. let me know what you think?
east looked awesome the day i saw them play. they will take a hell of alot of stopping this year if they can keep their best team on the park.

I am not disagreeing with you at all, its just the fact that all the talk relates around one person. I'm sure he has done a great job to-date, but there are 20 other blokes who take the field with him every week, and I would like to know about the team in general. '
It takes about 30+ blokes to win a flag, as he would know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back