GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
werribee centrals to be strong next year!
a lot of the u18s coming up including trent cole, ryan cornish, greg porter and from what i hear a few boys from werribee wrfl u18s switching leauges! will be interesting to see how good the team will be!

In reply to this the Belmont Lions are also reforming an under 18 side for season 2008.
So we have 8 players already and are seeking any body who is interested.
For more info please go to both our web sites.
www.belmontlionsfc.vcfl.com.au
www.belmontlionsjfc.vcfl.com.au.

a lot of the u18s coming up including trent cole, ryan cornish, greg porter and from what i hear a few boys from werribee wrfl u18s switching leauges! will be interesting to see how good the team will be!

i heard that chuggy is leaving:confused:

thats about 5 players, it takes 22 players to win a flag not 5, werribee always prodice good 18s but where do they all go when they have finished under 18s?

thats about 5 players, it takes 22 players to win a flag not 5, werribee always prodice good 18s but where do they all go when they have finished under 18s?
if you read his post correctly he actually said werribee to be strong again next year. he didn't mention anything about winning a flag....

yer i understand. 5 youngsters won't make the side. there will already be good players from centrals staying and im tipping others from other sides. premiership is talking it up this early so i wont start on that atm but im tipping it could/should be a good year.

and too answer your question.
alot of the werribee u18 goes to ammo's or stay in the wrfl..
i think the only thing stopping the gdfl from expanding is that the clubs don't often look around the other leauges. as which the gfl, wrfl etc do..

but if the centrals can get a few of the wrfl u18 boys next year should be a good year.

Tate, lazerich, collins to head back to corio next season thats the whisper going around, all other players resigned at corio there just waiting on Aitkin and harris to resign aswell, also talking to 4 st.marys players 2 senior players and 2 under 18s who are going up to seniors next season apparently all can play a bit too. Barry is very serious about next year my sources tell me that corio pre season starts middle of november, barry is just hoping to make finals and see wat happens from there. Injuries asside next year i think corio will definately play finals if they pick up these players. :thumbsu:

hey kooley,
is it true that you could hold down CHF / FF like no other during your illustrious footy career. My understanding you also spent some time at your beloved blues.

Tate, lazerich, collins to head back to corio next season thats the whisper going around, all other players resigned at corio there just waiting on Aitkin and harris to resign aswell, also talking to 4 st.marys players 2 senior players and 2 under 18s who are going up to seniors next season apparently all can play a bit too. Barry is very serious about next year my sources tell me that corio pre season starts middle of november, barry is just hoping to make finals and see wat happens from there. Injuries asside next year i think corio will definately play finals if they pick up these players. :thumbsu:

So what does this mean for Anakie? Another costly season, with no result?
Aitken has a very bad ankle, and could possibly have retired.

strong source says tim schwennersen and troy elzinga about to be named as joint coaches at nth geelong;),any word on any others yet??

schwennerson would be good elzinga is just as bad as lewis if not worse so no i dont think thats a step forward the only good thing is the young kids will be happy scappa is coaching thats why north wouldve gone for him.​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is only slightly football related, but our footy trip is headn down your way this weekend, just wondering if there is anything happening in town or along the coast over the weekend worthwhile of mention. Eg. races etc.
Cheers

if you are referring to brendan chugg he is heading to melton centrals apparently

yeah i know his leaving to melton centrals a good mate of mine plays there and his been mates with chuggy 4 years i know chuggy pretty well too

yeah i know his leaving to melton centrals a good mate of mine plays there and his been mates with chuggy 4 years i know chuggy pretty well too
One would assume that would be a huge loss for Werribee Centrals. Brendan Chugg would be easily in the top 5 players at Werribee and from all reports groomed to be their next captain.

Coy as coach... hmmm interesting prospect. I know that his small frame and stature has dramatic implications on his ability to form respectable relations with females so I'm just hoping that that his players aren't also tempted to take advantage of him. He does rule with an iron fist though, he's up there with your Hafey's and John Todd's of the world in my book.

Thomson have signed a new coach - didn't coach but played in the GFL this season from what I can gather - I work with someone heavily involved with the Tigers but he's not telling! Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back