GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
zach hickleton to inverleigh ... chasing the money good on him his a top bloke, aaron broom to bell park thats about it i think they are to quilty players as we all know .

Hickleton is no certainty to leave but there is a chance he will go. Will either be playing at Bannock or Inverleigh next year. Broom is gone and will be a big loss no doubt.

Have heard Bannock have picked up a few guys including Justin Bliss, Nick Toohey, Troy Tilley and are a big chance of getting Ben Naylon back.

Bliss is a former Geelong West Captain and Drysdale Assistant coach who has been down at Forrest for last couple of years. Tough, hard backman onballer who will be a great pick up. Tooheys a tall solid defender also hard at it and will also be good pick up. Dont know much about Tilley other than he is another tall who plays back and some ruck. If they do get Naylon back it will be a huge pick up. I think a few more guys from Ballarat way may be also heading down.

Hickleton is no certainty to leave but there is a chance he will go. Will either be playing at Bannock or Inverleigh next year. Broom is gone and will be a big loss no doubt.

Have heard Bannock have picked up a few guys including Justin Bliss, Nick Toohey, Troy Tilley and are a big chance of getting Ben Naylon back.

Bliss is a former Geelong West Captain and Drysdale Assistant coach who has been down at Forrest for last couple of years. Tough, hard backman onballer who will be a great pick up. Tooheys a tall solid defender also hard at it and will also be good pick up. Dont know much about Tilley other than he is another tall who plays back and some ruck. If they do get Naylon back it will be a huge pick up. I think a few more guys from Ballarat way may be also heading down.

Bliss must be in his mid 30's, along with Dans, Fisher Lewis and Kolleger. For mine, if they lose young gun Hickleton, along with the departure of Broom, it may not be the same destructive Tigers of previous seasons.

Harris is leaving due to work committments he would not be in there best 12 players anyway Aitken is staying been training and works with o'toole and is apparently keen after injury riddled year last year good player when fit.

Harris was all the talk leading into last season. How quickly people forget!!!!
Holzfiend not overly excited about the coming season. Last years B N F winner not as highly regarded as the new brigade, as far as his new contract is concerned. More to the point, not sure if he will actually receive it all come years end.

cause they dont excist, there only throwimg rumors around so everyone stays and dont wake up to themselves and leave, as you notice not many leave bph and then go back, if they do its only for big bucks not cause they love the club cause it the worst clubrooms to be around after the game and with the lewis's running the show it will only get worst.

To be honest Buddah, I don't think there are many club's who shelve out a fortune. It seems the ave budget would range between $40k-$65K. You compare this to other country leagues EG (Central Highlands who would be of similar standard) some of their expenses are upwould of $150K.

But beyond that, I too have heard of a few recruiting posibilities up there, but other than Whiskers, no-one seems to be talking.

buddah those 2 blokes from hoppers are certanies, i know for sure thats its true. I have a mate playing at BHP. Lewis is not running the show anymore......

yeh i heard the same that the blokes from Hoppers are definates.
Lewis might not be running the show anymore but will have a huge influence still

Bliss must be in his mid 30's, along with Dans, Fisher Lewis and Kolleger. For mine, if they lose young gun Hickleton, along with the departure of Broom, it may not be the same destructive Tigers of previous seasons.

You're right mate it could be the case and no doubt Bannock would love to keep Hickleton but they still have some very good juniors who have just started senior footy in the last couple of years. From what I hear their young guys were pretty light on and got whacked around a bit and as their weren't many bigger bodied players at the club it was to the detrument of the young guys. I was told thats why the club went after a few experienced players. Bliss is early 30's and I believe was in the top 6 - 12 in the CDFL best and fairest and is probably fitter than ever before. Toohey is early 20's from Springbank and Naylon mid 20's. Naylon's a key forward originally a Bannock boy who played in the 2003 Premiership and who's been playing at Waubra the last few years. Time will tell.

buddah those 2 blokes from hoppers are certanies, i know for sure thats its true. I have a mate playing at BHP. Lewis is not running the show anymore......

What position do these new guys play in? It seems BPH biggest problem will be in the ruck with Bowyer leaving and Hemley not playing because of knee although I believe he played mainly as a key forward. I think their Full Back (cant remember his name) is also coming off a knee reco from last year and wont be back until mid year at the earliest.

Some handy pick-ups if this is accurate as both Toohey and Naylon would slot straight back into the side at CHB and CHF and both are big lads. This is provided that Nayls is over his "groin" injuries he has suffered in the past.

To be honest Buddah, I don't think there are many club's who shelve out a fortune. It seems the ave budget would range between $40k-$65K. You compare this to other country leagues EG (Central Highlands who would be of similar standard) some of their expenses are upwould of $150K.

But beyond that, I too have heard of a few recruiting posibilities up there, but other than Whiskers, no-one seems to be talking.
19th Man I would say your spot on with your estimate and the ones at the lower end of the range have probably been more successful than those who have splashed it about.

Harris was all the talk leading into last season. How quickly people forget!!!!
Holzfiend not overly excited about the coming season. Last years B N F winner not as highly regarded as the new brigade, as far as his new contract is concerned. More to the point, not sure if he will actually receive it all come years end.

Having played with Holzfeind at Hill, any money he gets he should be grateful with and my sources tell me thats why Newcomb were not fussed losing him never trains or goes to club functions more to just playing if ya want to get paid, and why would he be regarded anywhere near Nicholls, O;Toole and Stewart. Harris played probably 3 good games last year.

Having played with Holzfeind at Hill, any money he gets he should be grateful with and my sources tell me thats why Newcomb were not fussed losing him never trains or goes to club functions more to just playing if ya want to get paid, and why would he be regarded anywhere near Nicholls, O;Toole and Stewart. Harris played probably 3 good games last year.

I don't regard him in this category, although I have never seen Bill play. But I thought he was one of their shining lights in a dull 07 for Corio, and that he may be rewarded for his efforts.

Glen Wallace trying to entice a few former Sth Barwon teamates to tigerland. Anyone with any info??
Wallace is staying clear of Sth. Barwon as a hunting ground. Typical of his character not wanting to poach off his home club (he is all class). Having said that, if there were guys keen to leave he would welcome them with open arms. Don't know of any recruits from there yet. Thomson seem to be keeping their cards close to their chest though in regards to recruits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wallace is staying clear of Sth. Barwon as a hunting ground. Typical of his character not wanting to poach off his home club (he is all class). Having said that, if there were guys keen to leave he would welcome them with open arms. Don't know of any recruits from there yet. Thomson seem to be keeping their cards close to their chest though in regards to recruits.
I have heard the opposite Juddster - not about his class but about his approach to Barwon team mates. I undertood he had asked a couple but they said thanks but no thanks and he has left it at that.

I have heard the opposite Juddster - not about his class but about his approach to Barwon team mates. I undertood he had asked a couple but they said thanks but no thanks and he has left it at that.
apparently knuckey seen running the tan with wallace and tommy boys wednesday night and a couple others with sth barwon tops on.

M Dyer and P West from St Mary's are having a meeting with Winchelsea on Monday night. Winchelsea have put in an offer that the boys can't really refuse.....
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Word is Thomson are dead set filthy on last year and have had unprecedented numbers at training.Had a squizz at training last Monday night and for December, looked very sharp.
12 continual years in the finals and will be very tough in '08.Forward line structure of Maheras, McLeod's (x 2), Gardiner (yes, we all forget Timmy missed 2/3rd's of 07), and Wally.Wallace is a fantastic fella, let alone coach and to quote his newspaper interview "I'm not here to stuff around"

Word is Thomson are dead set filthy on last year and have had unprecedented numbers at training.Had a squizz at training last Monday night and for December, looked very sharp.
12 continual years in the finals and will be very tough in '08.Forward line structure of Maheras, McLeod's (x 2), Gardiner (yes, we all forget Timmy missed 2/3rd's of 07), and Wally.Wallace is a fantastic fella, let alone coach and to quote his newspaper interview "I'm not here to stuff around"

A fairly old Fwd line there Thommy. Sides like East, who move the footy quickly from defence, will trouble them, if Thomson's mid's don't deliver the ball properly.
Heard Tom Harriot is going O/S for majority of the preseason, and possibily the start of 08. With his recent injuries, not an ideal prep.

A fairly old Fwd line there Thommy. Sides like East, who move the footy quickly from defence, will trouble them, if Thomson's mid's don't deliver the ball properly.
Heard Tom Harriot is going O/S for majority of the preseason, and possibily the start of 08. With his recent injuries, not an ideal prep.

Tom Harriot will be back in time and fit enough, Thomson will finish top 3 for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back