GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha kegzy your a bad lier mate. Matt Reid is iluvnachoes haha member nachoes he use 2 play in the 2's now is a white maggot lol

spot on i think parrot. brad martin would have to be clanger king though. who would be the best of the three lewis than martin then carr am i right? any other player capable of kicking a ton? also who do you follow.

I would have Matthew Lewis before Nathan any day. Shaun is a distant third. Matthew is tough at the ball and never gets beaten. Nathan is also tough but undisciplined and can lose you a game, never mans up. Seen them both play a lot of footy over the last 10 years. Just my opinion. As far as a ton goes Glenn wallace is the type of player that could kick bags every week in the GDFL. Defenders are going to have their hands full with him.

I would have Matthew Lewis before Nathan any day. Shaun is a distant third. Matthew is tough at the ball and never gets beaten. Nathan is also tough but undisciplined and can lose you a game, never mans up. Seen them both play a lot of footy over the last 10 years. Just my opinion. As far as a ton goes Glenn wallace is the type of player that could kick bags every week in the GDFL. Defenders are going to have their hands full with him.

I watched his performance in the first final against East, and he was fcuking awful/disinterested. I only hope he was injured.

Having said that, 1 game doesn't make a career.

N.Lewis , B.Martin & C.Carr all gun players.
Who will kick a ton this year you say - my pick G.Wallace (Thompson)

All very good players, but would hate to rely on them to win games, as they are getting a bit "long in the tooth".

Everyone suggested Skrobba would bag 100/goals last season and never got close. Wallace wont play enough games to get near it.
No-one will reach the milestone, but T Mull-Grant will again take out the goalkicking award.

I wouldn't say underrated, just plays in an ordinary side.
spengler is definately not underrated, he was a good player in the gfl it's just he plays in a side that only has a handful of o.k players and other sides dont need to pay much attention to him as west only kick max of 5 goals a game. he's west's best player by a fare margin tho.

N.Lewis , B.Martin & C.Carr all gun players.
Who will kick a ton this year you say - my pick G.Wallace (Thompson)
I wouldn't think so.
Everyone said Skrobolak would smash the mark but it proved beyond him.
If my recollection serves me the last bloke to crack the ton in the regular season was Sean O'Leary in 01 or 02 and since then no one has got near it. Its a pretty fair achievement given that their are only 18 rounds.
I would put Mullane-Grant as the league leader at the end of the year but again he wont crack the ton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

corio/ stewart,r o'toole,nicholls,b o'toole,clifford.
belmont/ h williams,tate,gallagher,mahoney,moody.
east/the little coy josh i think, s o'leary, paisley, scrobba, o hara
banno/ mullane grant, lewis, watts, nappies,hickleton
bph/n,lewis, farrar, s lewis,fursland,martin.
werribee/ no ideas boys sorry, maybe simmons, dont know players from there
north geelong/ d fitzimmons, bryant, andjelkovic, swchenensen,groper
west/ spengler, cerni, melville,bidmade,etringham
thomson/ wallace, hyland,harriot,n maheras, j macloed
inverleigh/russel, trotter,stone,t prendergast,crerar
anakie/berg, s richert, lazzarich,slugget,g richert

have selected players that i think will be playing in respected teams not sure where some players are playing ie justin tate, scott verner, its only my opion im open for criticism

Thomson to finish a creditable 5th again... There's no prize for second!, or 5th :). By the way CT the word is debt not dept... we might not be able to count but at least we can spell!!
any truth in h.willams will not b the coach this year cause he is going to start new bussines also was told by same person that knows him well he rang the gdfl and ask them to help again this year and they said NO cause they still owe money from this year and others also how is it going to b u win the flag one year then u may fold this year

any truth in h.willams will not b the coach this year cause he is going to start new bussines also was told by same person that knows him well he rang the gdfl and ask them to help again this year and they said NO cause they still owe money from this year and others also how is it going to b u win the flag one year then u may fold this year
Worry about Winch *uckwit. Your a *uckin' clown!

I wouldn't think so.
Everyone said Skrobolak would smash the mark but it proved beyond him.
If my recollection serves me the last bloke to crack the ton in the regular season was Sean O'Leary in 01 or 02 and since then no one has got near it. Its a pretty fair achievement given that their are only 18 rounds.
I would put Mullane-Grant as the league leader at the end of the year but again he wont crack the ton.

In Skrobba's defence...probably didn't have the most settled season, both on and off field.

A 16 game season and dodgy groins conspried against him...played in pain some weeks...when he really shouldn't have.

i wouldn't say o'hara was overated as he can turn a game on his own boot like last year in a final against bannock i think it was, but he needs to start doing it on a more consistent basis as scrobba and sean 'o' get the main defenders. tatey is a very smart ruckman for his size. underated is thomson defenders dowie and denneman and also anakie's rick lazzarich.
O'Hara is a gun, like everyone he has off weeks but most defenders in the league struggle to compete with him on both the ground and in the air and you know he will always take you on which is a sign of a good player. He has the arrogance on field about him as well which generally is required to go from a good player to an elite player of the comp. Probably just needs to be a little stronger! Against Belmont in the 2nd Semi he struggled in the 1st qtr with being pushed around but after a spray at qtr time from the big Skrubbaduck he quickly turned it right around and came out and kicked a bundle. Take note of this lads, watch him this year as he could possibly take out the league medal as is a class act, if he gets his consistency right early i'd back him in.

Worry about Winch *uckwit. Your a *uckin' clown!

A bit agressive Lion King but not an unexpected response. Legs was just throwing the question about Haami out there as you are supposed to do on this forum and you have lashed him. Now its out there I for one would like to know if there is any truth in this rumour.

In regard to the debt issue everyone knows that the league has loaned Belmont cash its just the quantum and the regularity of payments that are in question. Most people involved with a club also know that there are other clubs that have loaned money from the league, or asked for a loan for various projects but the reason no one cares about these is because they are abiding by the terms of the loan.

A bit agressive Lion King but not an unexpected response. Legs was just throwing the question about Haami out there as you are supposed to do on this forum and you have lashed him. Now its out there I for one would like to know if there is any truth in this rumour.

In regard to the debt issue everyone knows that the league has loaned Belmont cash its just the quantum and the regularity of payments that are in question. Most people involved with a club also know that there are other clubs that have loaned money from the league, or asked for a loan for various projects but the reason no one cares about these is because they are abiding by the terms of the loan.
Hello Drago,
I've sat back and haven't had anything to say about this for a while, but seeing as though you have posted thoughtful posts in the past, i'll exchange my views on this subject. Firstly let me state i have no official role at the Lions. I do have a fair understanding of thier position as well as that of the league. The League are the landlords of a building that they will pay off very shortly (Buckleys). The tenants (35 entities) pay that loan off. With the current property market and the rent that the building generates, My bank manager estimates the property to be worth about 8 million. With the league consisting of 10 full member clubs and 2 working towards that status, how could anyone think any of the clubs would fold surrendering thier share of the asset.

Hello Drago,
I've sat back and haven't had anything to say about this for a while, but seeing as though you have posted thoughtful posts in the past, i'll exchange my views on this subject. Firstly let me state i have no official role at the Lions. I do have a fair understanding of thier position as well as that of the league. The League are the landlords of a building that they will pay off very shortly (Buckleys). The tenants (35 entities) pay that loan off. With the current property market and the rent that the building generates, My bank manager estimates the property to be worth about 8 million. With the league consisting of 10 full member clubs and 2 working towards that status, how could anyone think any of the clubs would fold surrendering thier share of the asset.
Your spot on with the info in regard to the asset and financial position of teh GDFL. All the clubs are assessing how to get a cut of this pie but as I understand it the league directors do not want to become the source of operating revenue for the clubs. In regard to the asset you will be hearing more on that nin the near future including a potential "refinancing" to benefit the clubs.

In regard to the last point I personally dont think money will be an issue in whether a club folds or not as you state the league will assist as they have done in the past with a number of clubs. The issue for mine is that there wont be enough players to go around over the 3 leagues. Clubs are already struggling to put 2 half decent teams on the paddock and when you get to junior level there are a number of clubs that cant fill all the grades or rely on the "b" team to fill the grades. Unless this improves you wont have enough players to cover all the leagues.

Your spot on with the info in regard to the asset and financial position of teh GDFL. All the clubs are assessing how to get a cut of this pie but as I understand it the league directors do not want to become the source of operating revenue for the clubs. In regard to the asset you will be hearing more on that nin the near future including a potential "refinancing" to benefit the clubs.

In regard to the last point I personally dont think money will be an issue in whether a club folds or not as you state the league will assist as they have done in the past with a number of clubs. The issue for mine is that there wont be enough players to go around over the 3 leagues. Clubs are already struggling to put 2 half decent teams on the paddock and when you get to junior level there are a number of clubs that cant fill all the grades or rely on the "b" team to fill the grades. Unless this improves you wont have enough players to cover all the leagues.

In reality there is only enough room for 2 leagues in Geelong. But we know that will never happen. In that i mean 2 leagues of 12 teams say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back