Roast Geelong can't develop young players

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong will squeeze the last of the juice out of Ablett, Selwood, Bartel, Mooney, Scarlett, Taylor and the like and by the time GWS comes around, you will see Geelong trading out a whole bunch of players for the draft picks.

Sorry, but this is not the way Geelong plays. If that were the case, Geelong would have offloaded a whole raft of stars last year after not making the finals. They will continue to blend trading names in with plucking unknowns from obscurity.
I don't see how they stay competitive once Enright, Chapman, Johnson, Kelly, Ottens, Mooney, Corey, Ling, Milburn and Mackie are out the door in the years to follow 2010 as GC enter the competition, given they haven't had decent draft picks for a decade.

Geelong will squeeze the last of the juice out of Ablett, Selwood, Bartel, Mooney, Scarlett, Taylor and the like and by the time GWS comes around, you will see Geelong trading out a whole bunch of players for the draft picks.

Sorry, but this is not the way Geelong plays. If that were the case, Geelong would have offloaded a whole raft of stars last year after not making the finals. They will continue to blend trading names in with plucking unknowns from obscurity.

errrrr you will be come 2028

I don't see how they stay competitive once Enright, Chapman, Johnson, Kelly, Ottens, Mooney, Corey, Ling, Milburn and Mackie are out the door in the years to follow 2010 as GC enter the competition, given they haven't had decent draft picks for a decade.

well if a team is to have infinite salary caps with free houses...

I heard Dempsey, Holmes, Humphries and De Koning were all going to be selected with pick 1 but only we could afford their salary demands.
Funny, I heard all four lads are now the proud owners of premium coastal land for well under market price.

Funny, I heard all four lads are now the proud owners of premium coastal land for well under market price.
Odd. I heard we give that prime land to all first year falcons in exchange for coming home when they end up good.

The shit ones we evict and re-sell the land #ruthless

Geelong are like the Nancy Pelosi of the afl

All players play for peanuts , but they all amazingly have assets worth millions

I’m sure Bailey smith will end up there on $500 k in wages , and $2 m worth of swampland, after paying much much less .

But no amount of pork barreling , brown paper bag, friendly farm land , sheep shearing , beef breeding handouts will delay the inevitable .

They are cooked .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All players play for peanuts , but they all amazingly have assets worth millions

I’m sure Bailey smith will end up there on $500 k in wages , and $2 m worth of swampland, after paying much much less .

But no amount of pork barreling , brown paper bag, friendly farm land , sheep shearing , beef breeding handouts will delay the inevitable .

They are cooked .
Tiggies up and about after narrowing the % gap to North down to just 1?

They are cooked .
Bailey smiths girlfriend will be on 800k a year stacking shelves at cotton on. Just like Jezza Cameron’s.

So are Geelong going down the road of top-ups again? Are they that unwilling to develop youth?

So are Geelong going down the road of top-ups again? Are they that unwilling to develop youth?
Hello definitely new member and not an alias of an already existing user SkyC, welcome to BigFooty.com. 👋

I predict your stay will be a long and fruitful one!

Hello definitely new member and not an alias of an already existing user SkyC, welcome to BigFooty.com. 👋

I predict your stay will be a long and fruitful one!
LOL like 80% of his posting is about the Cats. Brand new poster and immediately confrontational.

Absolutely nothing suss here people....

Mature ager. Already 21. Obviously doesn't count.
Developed by the west coast academy as well
Obviously no credit to Geelong for his development so the OP still stands :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Geelong can't develop young players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back