Geelong Cup - October 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks to be another cracking cup with a good mix of internationals and some local stars.

Once Were Wild and Moudre will both be there, while Americain and Drunken Sailor will also go around.

I cant wait, will be going down to my 1st geelong cup, after me and my mates had heaps of fun at the "bool" for the gran annual earlier this year. We got this really good package, for $165 we get a bus to the track from this hotel/pub, entry, race book and an open bar in this trackside marquee type thing. Really looking foward to it.

looking at the noms i see im imposing again. after collecting @ 31.00 i owe it a 10er if it makes the field. uk rating is 105 here was 82 now 87 should be up there. hopefully some good odds are there to be taken

Yep bluegumby, could not believe a 102 UK rater got into an 82 rater in Austrlia.

Had to include it just because of that.

Won well as well down the inside.

10- CENTREBET.COM GEELONG CUP (2400 METRES)

Of $225000 and $15000 trophy. 1st $135000 and trophy of $15000, 2nd $40500, 3rd $20250, 4th $10125, 5th $5625, 6th $4500, 7th $4500, 8th $4500.

(GROUP 3).

No Allowances for apprentices. Field Limit: 17 + 4 EM

No Horse Trainer Handicapper
Rating
1 AMERICAIN (USA) Alain de Royer Dupre 110
2 APPREHEND Tony Vasil 95
3 BERLIOZ (NZ) David Hayes 91
4 C'EST LA GUERRE (NZ) Robert Hickmott 108
5 CAPECOVER (NZ) Patrick Payne 103
6 COUNT ENCOSTA John P Thompson 95
7 DARIANA Bart Cummings 109
8 DRUNKEN SAILOR (IRE) Luca Cumani 108
9 EMPIRES CHOICE (NZ) Bart Cummings 104
10 EXCEPTIONALLY (NZ) Terry & Karina O'Sullivan 95
11 GALLANT LADY Lee Freedman 80
12 GINGA DUDE (NZ) Graeme Boyd 101
13 I'M IMPOSING (GB) Robert Hickmott 87
14 INTERLOCKING (NZ) Robert Hickmott 76
15 JEUNEYS END Allan Fitzgerald 78
16 KERDEM (IRE) Patrick Payne 97
17 LINTON Robert Hickmott 104
18 MACEDONIAN (NZ) Peter G Moody 82
19 MANIGHAR (FR) Luca Cumani 110
20 MASTER O'REILLY (NZ) Danny O'Brien 108
21 MILES ABOVE Denis Daffy 89
22 MOUDRE Ciaron Maher 101
23 MOURAYAN (IRE) Robert Hickmott 107
24 MR CHARLIE (NZ) Peter G Moody 95
25 MUIR (GB) Robert Hickmott 86
26 MY BENTLEY (NZ) Michael Kent 82
27 NIPTIOUS Danny Curran 86
28 NO WINE NO SONG Kevin Moses 108
29 ONCE WERE WILD Gai Waterhouse 108
30 PHAZE ACTION Robbie Laing 85
31 RED RULER (NZ) John Sargent 107
32 RUNDLE Robert Hickmott 78
33 SADDLER'S STORY Robert Smerdon 89
34 SAINT ENCOSTA John P Thompson 78
35 STANSTILL (IRE) Michael Kent 89
36 THE HOMBRE John Bary 95
37 VALDEMORO Tony Vasil 101
38 ZIPPING Robert Hickmott 118
39 ZOOMIN (NZ) Michael Kent 97

Does the winner get a run in the cup??? Or just a lead up??

Perfect Pecs ( Anabaa x Sahara Flight) is a Half Brother to our nag (Oratoria x Sahara Flight). Hope he goes really well this weekend on his way to the Derby!

Hore-Lacy has big wraps on him, so lets see...

Also I see The Comedian is up again....Last Spring Freedy said he was one to watch...obviously didn't go on with it...Interesting to see how he goes

once were wild
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

It wouldn't be the first time this season that we've seen a Gai runner turn it all around to win.. both of the internationals look pretty handy.

Huge day, hopefully conditions will be perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, real quality field..happy with it..

Will the track stay a Slow ?? Whats the Geel weather outlook ??

Out of Drunken Sailor, No Wine No Song, Exceptionally & Mr Charlie in the main race I reckon.

I like exceptionally as long as it is dead or the better side of slow. I would really like to take the $6.50 - $2.37 now but it's probably no hope if it keeps on raining. So will have to wait it out. I think if it ends up being really heavy then I'll be on No Wine No Song.

KP, track is a Slow6 at the moment. Should not get any worse than that. Should see an upgrade on Wednesday morning. Working around a Dead5 in terms of form.

And I am with you re. Exceptionally. Run behind Harris Tweed was terrific. Happy to take the $6.50 now, but really shouldn't go below $6 on the tote come Wednesday afternoon. Will also have a little nibble at the $41 for her to win the Melb Cup.

Exceptionally is peaking at the right time. However, being a swooper, I'm not sure if there will be enough metres in the straight to have a decent crack at the front runners. Still, I'll be backing it for both Geelong and Melbourne Cup.

I'm going to be following the form of Harris Tweed on Turnball Stakes Day.

Exceptionally stormed home for 2nd great run and will be coming home well again tomorrow.

Miles Above. Was well in the money had a torrid run and did well to finish 4th to Harris Tweed. Great value at $26.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back