GDFL Geelong & District Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy Elzinga faces life ban.

North Geelong footballer Troy Elzinga facing life ban from VCFL over suspensions

Nick Wade

July 8th, 2010
North Geelong's Troy Elzinga has passed the VCFL's limit of 16 games suspension over his career.

North Geelong's Troy Elzinga has passed the VCFL's limit of 16 games suspension over his career.

THE successful career of North Geelong premiership player Troy Elzinga could have ended on a tarnished note with the veteran facing a life ban from the game.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2010/07/08/189441_geelong_sports.html

Troy Elzinga faces life ban.

North Geelong footballer Troy Elzinga facing life ban from VCFL over suspensions

Nick Wade

July 8th, 2010

THE successful career of North Geelong premiership player Troy Elzinga could have ended on a tarnished note with the veteran facing a life ban from the game.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2010/07/08/189441_geelong_sports.html

Thats what happens when you play like a scumbag you get reported. I dont feel sorry for him or any one who makes a habbit of playing dirty. As far as i concerned it is a good thing to get people like this out of the game.
Also Inverleigh, what a great story talking flags in March this year now wont make finals, I can personally say that i could not be happyer to see these guys not playing finals. Due to there constent mouthing off on this forum and at there games it makes it even worse for them as they talked the talked but could not walk the walk. So Inverleigh it is another year of finishing 6th

Thats what happens when you play like a scumbag you get reported. I dont feel sorry for him or any one who makes a habbit of playing dirty. As far as i concerned it is a good thing to get people like this out of the game.
Also Inverleigh, what a great story talking flags in March this year now wont make finals, I can personally say that i could not be happyer to see these guys not playing finals. Due to there constent mouthing off on this forum and at there games it makes it even worse for them as they talked the talked but could not walk the walk. So Inverleigh it is another year of finishing 6th
Twice Elzinga was done for kicking which is an absolute dogs act.

Inver - 3 years in a row they have talked it up for nothing. Maybe next year they can keep quiet and hopefully deliver.

Twice Elzinga was done for kicking which is an absolute dogs act.

Inver - 3 years in a row they have talked it up for nothing. Maybe next year they can keep quiet and hopefully deliver.

Correct Drago, Elzinga should go and do some MMA then he can kick as much as he wants, but i dare say he would not have the backbone to do it, I hope the GDFL and VCFL make an example of this pig and wipe him out of the game and strip and also he should not be allowed to coach juniors either, and the same penlty should go anyone who wants to kick and hit pit people in a game of footy!
With the Inverleigh situation I think that they should just shut there mouth and just keep it to themselves. Also I see Marcus Forbes has retired from footy, great pick up by Inverleigh. Inverleigh dont count your chickens before they hatch cause it has and will bite you in the arse.:thumbsu:

Also I see Marcus Forbes has retired from footy, great pick up by Inverleigh

pretty poor form to take enjoyment out of that mate :thumbsdown:

IMO he was definitely worth the gamble, just a shame he couldn't get his body right (which I guess was always going to be the challenge)

however Inverleigh has gone backwards this season as far as i'm concerned.

they were a much better side last season.

Big Owen can't have too much petrol left in the tank either you would think.

Shane Stone won't be coaching next season I wouldn't think.

Don't be suprised if Matt Murphy puts his hand up for the job either..

I disagree with that opinon on Forbes he was a good footballer but now he is just a weak overated player who does not have a heart.

As or Murphy being a coach of Inverleigh, I think they will go even more backwards then they have already gone. Murph is not a coach IMO but we will just have to see if that happens

I disagree with that opinon on Forbes he was a good footballer but now he is just a weak overated player who does not have a heart.

As or Murphy being a coach of Inverleigh, I think they will go even more backwards then they have already gone. Murph is not a coach IMO but we will just have to see if that happens

speakin about running there mouths.. reaveal urself KINGFISHER im sure alot of ppl would love to giv u a good kick around the ear..

pretty poor form to take enjoyment out of that mate :thumbsdown:

IMO he was definitely worth the gamble, just a shame he couldn't get his body right (which I guess was always going to be the challenge)

however Inverleigh has gone backwards this season as far as i'm concerned.

they were a much better side last season.

Big Owen can't have too much petrol left in the tank either you would think.

Shane Stone won't be coaching next season I wouldn't think.

Don't be suprised if Matt Murphy puts his hand up for the job either..

News of Forbes being retired must have so much truth to it that it hasnt reached out the hwy yet, it news to me and everyone i have spoken to!

I know it hasnt been a great year out there but when there is 9-12 players out of there best 22 not playing things arent gonna go so well. Kelly, Hill, Popovski cant be replaced in a country football team and you could throw some other important players in there best 22 into that list. having said all this most players were available in there first 6 games and just couldnt mix together but as they were starting to play as a team thats when then injured list started growing.

also would be very surprised if Shayne Stone wasnt still the coach next year, nobody seems to have a problem with his coaching so why wouldnt he still be coach next year? But im sure they committee will talk about the coaching position at years end but unless there is a better person wanting the job Stone will be coaching for sure in my opinion.

There still is hope for finals though just have to keep winning but probably cant beat any of bannockburn, north geelong or werribee with so many out of the best 22 and of course hav 2 rely on north dropping 3 of the remaining games

News of Forbes being retired must have so much truth to it that it hasnt reached out the hwy yet, it news to me and everyone i have spoken to!

I know it hasnt been a great year out there but when there is 9-12 players out of there best 22 not playing things arent gonna go so well. Kelly, Hill, Popovski cant be replaced in a country football team and you could throw some other important players in there best 22 into that list. having said all this most players were available in there first 6 games and just couldnt mix together but as they were starting to play as a team thats when then injured list started growing.

also would be very surprised if Shayne Stone wasnt still the coach next year, nobody seems to have a problem with his coaching so why wouldnt he still be coach next year? But im sure they committee will talk about the coaching position at years end but unless there is a better person wanting the job Stone will be coaching for sure in my opinion.

There still is hope for finals though just have to keep winning but probably cant beat any of bannockburn, north geelong or werribee with so many out of the best 22 and of course hav 2 rely on north dropping 3 of the remaining games

I agree with others in I think Stone will be gone. He has had an opportunity and cant gt them into the finals so I would think its someone else's turn. Thats no reflection on Shayne as he is a good bloke but lack of success will eventually mean a change.

Just like to thank all of the regular posters on this board for the banter and good footy chat over the last few years:thumbsu:

Moving up to the Border for work and so my involvement with the GDFL as I know it ends as of this weekend.

Will always take interest in the happenings of what goes on down here and I'll be sure to keep reading this thread when the finals come around:thumbsu:

North Geelong vs Bell Post Hill is this weekend's Match of the Round on 94.7 the Pulse.

Expect a familiar face back in the commentary box to as Jason and Dale are unavailable;)

Cheers guys!

Bourky.

Just like to thank all of the regular posters on this board for the banter and good footy chat over the last few years:thumbsu:

Moving up to the Border for work and so my involvement with the GDFL as I know it ends as of this weekend.

Will always take interest in the happenings of what goes on down here and I'll be sure to keep reading this thread when the finals come around:thumbsu:

North Geelong vs Bell Post Hill is this weekend's Match of the Round on 94.7 the Pulse.

Expect a familiar face back in the commentary box to as Jason and Dale are unavailable;)

Cheers guys!

Bourky.
eric nicholls???

With the top 5 pretty much sewn up, who do we think will be looking for new coaches, only a stab but, Corio,Inverleigh,Winchelsea,Geelong West maybe Thomson, you'd think top 5 coaches safe and Bissett done good job.Belmont look to be showing faith in there bloke. Silly season not to far away.....

With the top 5 pretty much sewn up, who do we think will be looking for new coaches, only a stab but, , you'd think top 5 coaches safe and Bissett done good job.Belmont look to be showing faith in there bloke. Silly season not to far away.....
Corio Maybe,
Inverleigh Yes,
Winchelsea No ,
Geelong West NO
Thomson NO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the top 5 pretty much sewn up, who do we think will be looking for new coaches, only a stab but, Corio,Inverleigh,Winchelsea,Geelong West maybe Thomson, you'd think top 5 coaches safe and Bissett done good job.Belmont look to be showing faith in there bloke. Silly season not to far away.....

I would like 2 c clubs show some faith in there coaches. fedke carlon and mcclean r in there first yrs at there clubs fedke and carlon would not have the budget of the top clubs. I watched winch on the wend and they are heading in the right direction under smith they play a good brand of footy. I think inver need a change stone has got the most out of the group they just lack depth.

East Geelong - Maybe

;)
After wat i heard last night east geelong may very well be on the cards to find a new coach. Scrobba got reported and given a yellow card for an off the ball incident. apperently the central umpires didint see it but the boundary did. A fight broke out in the 3rd quarter and yellow cards were given to several players altho apparently it wasnt until the start of the last quarter that scrobolak got sent off.

If this is all true and he does get a week or 2, how close is he to de-registration

After wat i heard last night east geelong may very well be on the cards to find a new coach. Scrobba got reported and given a yellow card for an off the ball incident. apperently the central umpires didint see it but the boundary did. A fight broke out in the 3rd quarter and yellow cards were given to several players altho apparently it wasnt until the start of the last quarter that scrobolak got sent off.

If this is all true and he does get a week or 2, how close is he to de-registration

Probably still 10-12 weeks off de-registration. Has barely been reported despite what people think.

Once again a boundary umpire that has no relevance or real right to make big calls that can potentially decide a game coming up with a big one against the east coach. 3 field umpires dont know what the boundary ump was on about. AND the player who was bumped got up and played the game out, and i think he was in the best.

Probably still 10-12 weeks off de-registration. Has barely been reported despite what people think.

Once again a boundary umpire that has no relevance or real right to make big calls that can potentially decide a game coming up with a big one against the east coach. 3 field umpires dont know what the boundary ump was on about. AND the player who was bumped got up and played the game out, and i think he was in the best.
Yes well im not too sure who the player was. I think it was a young kid from wat i heard, but still 12 weeks away from de-registration. I thort he came close to de-registration a couple of years ago in the grand final that they lost to Belmont

half the size of scrobolak, he went to shepherd, skrobolak jumped and elbowed him across the head. he could have kept running and knocked the kid over and there would have been no malice whatsoever, but he chose to lift the elbow. who cares if he came back on and got on the best, that just proves he played a good game. scrobolak is dirty plain and simple, and its at least 4 weeks in my opinion. umpires werent looking obviously, there wouldnt have been a brawl otherwise

I can tell you now, he won't get 4 weeks regardless of what happened.

In local footy you either

a) get off
b) get 1 week
c) anything serious like kicking, punching that warrants 8+ weeks.

that's it really.

not like the AFL where you get 'reviews and assessment' of isolated incidents.

I can tell you now, he won't get 4 weeks regardless of what happened.

In local footy you either

a) get off
b) get 1 week
c) anything serious like kicking, punching that warrants 8+ weeks.

that's it really.

not like the AFL where you get 'reviews and assessment' of isolated incidents.
Automatic 1 week ban i'm led to believe. He accepted the penalty straight after the game.

Thank goodness the boundry umpire did stand up and do something about it because i reckon everyone else at the ground watching saw what happened and most of the East people i spoke to even said it was disgusting.
Player was an 18 year old going to put on a simple shepard and like someone else mentioned Skrob had the choice to put on a clean bump and decided to raise the elbow strate to the head and wether he came back on or not was huge impact.
The word around East last night was that he was on 14 weeks already not sure how true that is but anything less then 4 weeks is a disgrace although i will expect the stock standard one or two.

Automatic 1 week ban i'm led to believe. He accepted the penalty straight after the game.

Also heard this but North apparently were furious about this and the case will be heading to the tribunal. Happy to be proven wrong but cant blame them for taking one without hesitation if thats the case but shows how ludicrous the system is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back