GDFL Geelong & District Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GDFL have just signed a 10 year deal to play all finals at red west ground, commencing next year. Cost was $250k, to be spent on the refurbishment of the away rooms.

GDFL have just signed a 10 year deal to play all finals at red west ground, commencing next year. Cost was $250k, to be spent on the refurbishment of the away rooms.

Wonder with all the revelopment going on at West Oval if the GFL will ever work out that Skilled Stadium isn't a good venue for local finals and go back there aswell??

Wishfull thinking id imagine:rolleyes:

Good move, it is a great atmosphere there. Just like the old days of GDFL finals.

You would think the condition of the ground come finlas time could be a issue considering how much it gets used during the year and where will gfl play there first final if skilled isn't available.

You would think the condition of the ground come finlas time could be a issue considering how much it gets used during the year and where will gfl play there first final if skilled isn't available.

Maybe they could just paint it green like they did at St Albans.

On an aside Devils are Corio looking for a new coach?

Maybe they will paint it to look good for the tv like last years GF. Any chance the GF will be live on ch31 again this year or has it been hijacked by the metro leagues? Also what are the chances of West Oval finals from next year since the league is pumping dollars into new or improved facilities there?

Good to see the west oval question was answered, it was wishful thinking on my part at the time

so after weribee holding onto a 2 point win over east geelong its a bell post hill v weribee grand final.. thoughts?

The Centurions definitely deserve to make the grand final after the season they had but I can't help but feel Bell Post Hill would be much happier that they are playing them instead of East Geelong.

I wouldnt want to be either coach this week....
both teams coming off strong performances, do you pick your best 22 or do you go with the same teams as the last week?

i think WC had the right mix in the semi, ( they were only 15 points adrift in the 3rd quarter)bar some lack of leg speed - and with some key players needing some match fitness, i think the same lineup may just produce a quality contest.
as for BPH there are 3-4 guys pushing for selection into a side without any injuries, and coming off an 11 goal win.

some tough decision's to be made this week.

Where to for East Geelong now? I think everyone would agree they had the cattle to maybe win the flag but just could not produce consistant form. It is often hard to back up after a flag as well. Will the coach be there next year? Thier 2's were also in the Prelim so they have some depth will they stick together for another crack at it or will they fall away?

Where to for East Geelong now? I think everyone would agree they had the cattle to maybe win the flag but just could not produce consistant form. It is often hard to back up after a flag as well.

all things considered they did pretty well to be honest.
they were barely a finals contender mid season and were two points off making another grand final.
talent was certainly greater than last year (Hickey, Robertson, O'Toole etc.) all coming in, but the application certainly wasn't.

they say footy is a 'team' game and it certainly showed.. east were often beaten by teams who had nowhere near as much talent..

don't discount the losses of Paisley, Baker etc.. their premiership was built on the backbone of their defence last year and although those guys aren't necessarily 'stars', their departure was certainly felt.

Will the coach be there next year?

Don't be surprised if he isn't.. I think the ball is in Skrob's court and he is the type of guy who likes a challenge/something new.

If he stays in Geelong he'll coach East IMO but if he moves back to Bacchus or goes elsewhere (a serious possibility) then he'll obviously coach elsewhere.

Thier 2's were also in the Prelim so they have some depth will they stick together for another crack at it or will they fall away?

I expect a few departures but I hope the core group stays there, the competition is so much better when East are up and about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't be surprised if he isn't.. I think the ball is in Skrob's court and he is the type of guy who likes a challenge/something new.

If he stays in Geelong he'll coach East IMO but if he moves back to Bacchus or goes elsewhere (a serious possibility) then he'll obviously coach elsewhere.

Have heard the big fella may be a leading candidate for the St Mary's job.

Daniel Gibbs to coach anakie next year

Talking about coaching, word around is that Robbie May will be coaching deer park (wrfl) next year and looking at taking players with him. He is emergency for this weeks grand final, will they drop a player and play him as reported, has been overseas for the last two weeks.

Talking about coaching, word around is that Robbie May will be coaching deer park (wrfl) next year and looking at taking players with him. He is emergency for this weeks grand final, will they drop a player and play him as reported, has been overseas for the last two weeks.

No doubt that he would have the capability to coach again at almost any club, also a great player. But to say he would pinch players from Bell Post Hill would be against his personality, he's all about the club not the individual.

Also will be a cracker tomorrow, Bell Post Hill should come away with the candy after what has been a ripper of a season. Great to see the two best teams playing off in the biggest game of the season!

Best of luck to both sides, but panthers will be way to good

No doubt that he would have the capability to coach again at almost any club, also a great player. But to say he would pinch players from Bell Post Hill would be against his personality, he's all about the club not the individual.

Also will be a cracker tomorrow, Bell Post Hill should come away with the candy after what has been a ripper of a season. Great to see the two best teams playing off in the biggest game of the season!

Best of luck to both sides, but panthers will be way to good

Sorry must have the wrong bloke, I'm talking about a bloke who burnt a club at the start of the year and who is attempting to recruit players while still playing for another club.

All of Grgic's good work for the year will come undone in one foul swoop if he drops someone for May this week.

Robbie did a terrific job getting the Panthers to two consecutive grand finals but everyone has moved on..

By the way I'm expecting absolute carnage tomorrow, Panthers by 60+

All of Grgic's good work for the year will come undone in one foul swoop if he drops someone for May this week.

Robbie did a terrific job getting the Panthers to two consecutive grand finals but everyone has moved on..

if its wet, i reckon Werribee will muscle their way to victory. but unless it rains expect the panthers to run riot!

could it be possible that haami williams will return to coach the belmont lions in 2011? Will the lions be any better with a new coach?

Any news on who will be coaching Thompson and blue west? Any predictions for tom grand final?

all things considered they did pretty well to be honest.
they were barely a finals contender mid season and were two points off making another grand final.
talent was certainly greater than last year (Hickey, Robertson, O'Toole etc.) all coming in, but the application certainly wasn't.

they say footy is a 'team' game and it certainly showed.. east were often beaten by teams who had nowhere near as much talent..

don't discount the losses of Paisley, Baker etc.. their premiership was built on the backbone of their defence last year and although those guys aren't necessarily 'stars', their departure was certainly felt.

Got an issue with you saying talent greater this year. Yes otoole Robertson hickey and hill were good INS but they were the only main ones. Losses included paisley, hilet, Cody Watson. Three of back six. Hoey, oppenlander, Liston, Oliver. Entire midfield. Mcinness is another and Cameron played a handful due to work. May have forgotten some others too. Last years east team wins the gf again for mine. No one got near them and closest was bph who were no match. Bph deserve the flag nonetheless, they kept their same team together and added moreland and jovanavic.

Looks like I was a little bit nice to the Centurions ;)

seriously, no surprises there.

BPH were the best side in the comp on paper and fired when it mattered.

well done to the Panthers:thumbsu:

the drought is finally over!

Looks like I was a little bit nice to the Centurions ;)

seriously, no surprises there.

BPH were the best side in the comp on paper and fired when it mattered.

well done to the Panthers:thumbsu:

the drought is finally over!

What's happening with East from what people have heard? Is Skrobba going to St Albans a possibility?

BPH definitely deserve the premiership this year, well done! The question for them next year, can they hold onto all their kids? Some should have a crack at GFL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back