GFL Geelong Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get too excited, they beat Redan this last year as well. Both clubs had less than full squads. St Albans won all 3 practise matches last year and only 3 more for the season. Massive turn over of players, coaches and support staff, which is probaly why the new football director forgot to order umpires and club umpires were used. Much to the disappointment of the new coach who I'm am told spent more time discussing decisions with the umpires than playing the game. Did not look good from the sidelines.:thumbsdown:

Careful, dont say anything negative about him....:rolleyes:

Don't get too excited, they beat Redan this last year as well. Both clubs had less than full squads. St Albans won all 3 practise matches last year and only 3 more for the season. Massive turn over of players, coaches and support staff, which is probaly why the new football director forgot to order umpires and club umpires were used. Much to the disappointment of the new coach who I'm am told spent more time discussing decisions with the umpires than playing the game. Did not look good from the sidelines.:thumbsdown:
first match for the season soo not too many would be too pretty to watch, alot of players still getting to understand each others game style, but thats what praccy matches are for

Instead of swinging handbags at each other, how about we discuss the GFL in a mature and respectful way instead of playing keyboard warriors?

Anybody know who/if Lara have played any praccy matches yet?

Lara played Altona at Anakie on Sunday. Both sides had key players out. Lara won by about seven goals with some positive signs from recruits including 2 x Hollmers, Isbister, Sablich, Wilson. We take on Lalor at North Geelong this Sunday and East Point at Lara on Saturday 27th.

This week on The Final Siren we'll chat to the man known as Spider Brady will tell us his side of the story regarding his exit from the Belmont Lions, we;ll feature a special segment on the Irish players that have graced our game to coincide with St Patty's Day and also preview the season to come in the Bellarine Football League. Will it be another flag for Drysdale? Find out this Sunday Night from 8pm

Lara played Altona at Anakie on Sunday. Both sides had key players out. Lara won by about seven goals with some positive signs from recruits including 2 x Hollmers, Isbister, Sablich, Wilson. We take on Lalor at North Geelong this Sunday and East Point at Lara on Saturday 27th.

Thanks for that. How have they recruited height-wise Archie? That has been a major problem for them in recent years...

Does anybody believe there is a chance for a team from outside the 5 to play well enough to get in, or will it be a case of the top 5 having to fall over to miss out. And who will be the recruit of the year?

Does anybody believe there is a chance for a team from outside the 5 to play well enough to get in, or will it be a case of the top 5 having to fall over to miss out. And who will be the recruit of the year?

I herd shane manning got best on for bell park in praco last week the guy can play and will supprise a few gfl clubs this year if they don't pay him any respect

Pete it is an anonymous forum...we don't have to log in as ourselves....and I agree with Drago...as a coach I assume you are getting well paid to worry about developing your team, game plans and the like...not responding to anyone's opinions....and personally I would like to see St Albans do well.
Anonymity is one thing, using it to commit malice and mischief is another. Everyone is entitled to an opinion - it's called freedom of speech, but there are responsibilities that come with that!
To blandly dismiss hurtful and cowardly comments in a public arena as being 'fair game', 'just an opinion' or 'forget it. No-one believes it' is sticking your head in the sand. The fact is that someone has been severely injured by malicious comments and it should be stopped.
It doesn't matter whether it is fact, opinion or a complete lie! The issue is whether it was designed to cause harm - and it obviously was! That's called abuse! Here's an example. it may be true that I am fat, bald and unattractive, but if you said it to me or about me in an effort to make me uncomfortable or to form an unflattering opinion in someone else's mind, then it amounts to a mischief at the very least. Words cause harm as much as any weapon.
Easy to say 'forget it' when it isn't your reputation that is being damaged to thousands of forum readers! Davenport has to live in this community and at least he has the character to identify himself! The gutless impugner hides behind a nom de plume - and I hope he gets nailed big time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam Donahue was at Geelong the last 2 years keep an eye out frogman he is a gun!

Good luck to him, but will he be able to handle the pressure of Grovedale looking to him whenever they are in trouble. I think he might come unstuck, as being a big name recruit often leads to very high expectations. (Especially coming from the afl system.)

Were there any practise matches played today? Apart from St Albans.. :confused:

Good luck to him, but will he be able to handle the pressure of Grovedale looking to him whenever they are in trouble. I think he might come unstuck, as being a big name recruit often leads to very high expectations. (Especially coming from the afl system.)

Were there any practise matches played today? Apart from St Albans.. :confused:

Grovedale beat Koroit down at Koroit by about 5 goals. Not sure on player performances. They play Joeys next week. Bell park play tomorrow

West lost to Colac at Colac by three goals with quite a few out but I assume the Tigers would have also. St Marys were about 130 up in the last qtr when a Darley player king-hit I think Bryce Vincent. An all-in brawl followed which cleared the benches. Following the melée St Marys walked off the ground and ended the game.

West lost to Colac at Colac by three goals with quite a few out but I assume the Tigers would have also. St Marys were about 130 up in the last qtr when a Darley player king-hit I think Bryce Vincent. An all-in brawl followed which cleared the benches. Following the melée St Marys walked off the ground and ended the game.
Was no king hit mate, he copped a broken nose fair and square. You forgot to mention David Johnson eye gauging a Darley player early in the game. Thats some decent behaviour in a practice match, what a SCUMBAG.

st.albans beat drysydale by 103 points on yesterday, drysydale being arguably the best team in bfl and st.albans being one of the lower teams in gfl, i dont see how a relegation system could possibly work, however it is a practice match and i know st.albans had a few players out but im not sure about drysdale

Colac defeated GWSP by 15 points down at Colac.
Apparently Colac had about 3 out of their best side and West had about 6.
Low scoring game with a lot of pressure applied by both sides.
I think that both sides would be pretty happy with the hit out especially on the big open spaces of Colac.

Colac defeated GWSP by 15 points down at Colac.
Apparently Colac had about 3 out of their best side and West had about 6.
Low scoring game with a lot of pressure applied by both sides.
I think that both sides would be pretty happy with the hit out especially on the big open spaces of Colac.

west could play with 24 players on a field and still be an average side. they are still 2-3 years away from troubling finals.

newtown defeated ammos in what was a close game til half time.
newtown forwardline created problems with the 3 pronged attack of spalding, bett and morrison.

Was no king hit mate, he copped a broken nose fair and square. You forgot to mention David Johnson eye gauging a Darley player early in the game. Thats some decent behaviour in a practice match, what a SCUMBAG.
Unfortunately it was a king hit. Was at the game as a completely neutral spectator, just watching as have been involved in Ballarat lately and formerly in Gfl so thought it would be worth watching.
I cant really comment on whether David Johnson eye gouged early in the game as never saw anything and nothing was said until after the game. Perhaps he did though, it could be why no darley player went within 20m of him. He had 30 touched playing half fwd.
Game turned a bit spiteful in last qtr. Was a little skirmish early in qtr with 1 player from each team sent off. I was with 3 neutral people who all saw the hit. The ball was in the middle and there had been a bit of push and shove between Vincent and the Darley player(Deckert). Seemed to be over when Vincent turned his back and walked a couple steps away before he had his nose spread. Was a cheap shot. Was a massive brawl then. Just as it seemed to finish another darley player started throwing punches again. In fairness st marys threw a few too but definately was a cheap hit that started it. Gary Learmonth coaches Darley and is a decent bloke, and he was shattered after the game and apologised to St Marys coaches for his players and supporters behaviour.
I was told on Sunday 2 St Marys players were hospitalised, 1 with a detached retina from an eye gouge.
From an old school view though, was good to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back