GFL Geelong Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
did lara have a full side in? e.g smith and hollmer or were they on geelong duties? havent seen them this year and dont really intend on wasting my time, the best they are capable off is the stock standard 7th for them.

You may be right but dont include Hollmer because he plays about 0 - 3 local games every year.

Sounds like victim mentality to me. Saw the game, Grovedale had themselves to blame. Giving away stupid 50m penalties, when game in the balance. Do not know how to win. Against a good disciplined team, this will cost you the 4 points every time.

I can accept bad umpiring decisions if they go both ways but not when there so one sided, which seems to be the case alot. Some prime examples from the weekend were- St Marys being awarded a free kick 30 meters out by the field umpire who was in the center square. The other field umpire was in perfect position right in front of the play and didnt see any free kick goal to St Marys. 2nd- David Clarke having a shot on the run, missed the goals by a mile and tripped over his own foot as he kicked it, umpire pays a free kick Clarke has another shot and drills it. 3rd- Grovey penalised an out on the full by the boundary umpire who was at least 150 meters away looking into the sun.

This all happened in the 3rd quarter when the game was in the balance and like I predicted the addy have no idea about footy coverage and just assumed an easy St Marys win by going off the scoreboard.

On another subject.. David Clarke is the new Steven Handley of the GFL.. EG- Very very limited AFL footballer and now a very limited GFL footballer:eek:

On a more positive note the crowd up at Burdoo was the biggest ive seen there for years and hopefully they keep coming back all season. Grovedale aren't to far off becoming a pretty decent GFL side and if only they could find a giant CHF somewhere, they'd be a real handfull for alot of sides:thumbsu:

Sounds like victim mentality to me. Saw the game, Grovedale had themselves to blame. Giving away stupid 50m penalties, when game in the balance. Do not know how to win. Against a good disciplined team, this will cost you the 4 points every time.

Turn it up.. Out of the 4 50's given in the 3rd term maybe 1 of them could be justified, the rest was blatant cheating.

If you were at the game then surely you saw the free kick given to a St Marys player 30 out from goal, not by the field umpire standing right in front of the play but by the umpire standing in the center circle. Care to explain how it can be given if the umpire in the right position didnt see any free kick??

Clarke getting a free set shot after he tripped over himself when having a shot on the run that missed by miles.. Miss that one aswell mate??

Why would Grovedale have the umpires up at burdoo on tuesday nite watching them train if it was a simple case of giving away stupid free kicks and not knowing how to win.

one eyed timmy sounding very silly on here mate !!!!!!!
what happens is coaches with under skilled teams tell their players to
pressure the opposition to the extreme which some player are out of control
hitting players after the ball is gone ect.....=free kicks & 50's timmy every day of the week grow up and watch with two eyes this week

one eyed timmy sounding very silly on here mate !!!!!!!
what happens is coaches with under skilled teams tell their players to
pressure the opposition to the extreme which some player are out of control
hitting players after the ball is gone ect.....=free kicks & 50's timmy every day of the week grow up and watch with two eyes this week

Thanks for your concern about my eyesight:thumbsu:
If you maybe go back a page instead of just reading this current one you'd see at the start of my post that i stated that quite cleary St Marys are a better side than Grovedale.

If you go even further back thru my posts you'd also see that ive never said anything about Grovedale being better than anyone,you'd see that ive actually been pretty harsh on Grovey in the past. So I doubt you could accuse me of having an eye patch on at the footy son!!

What there is shite old mate?? Grovey are alot stronger at home and alot of sides dont play to well up at burdoo ( including St Marys ) or you dont rate Adam Donohue?? Saw him play 1st hand last week and he'll be a brilliant GFL player.

so l read back a few threads timmy like this one & others like adam was going to kick 7 and win the game off hes own boot l think you have alzheimers you dont even know what you written the day before
and as for that free kick you couldnt see properly with your one eye 2 grovedale players were all over the stmarys play and the closest umpire was to weak to call it so the umpire further away intervened it was very clear to me with my young eyes

cheers bud ps l can still hear the coach more pressure more pressure boys

so l read back a few threads timmy like this one & others like adam was going to kick 7 and win the game off hes own boot l think you have alzheimers you dont even know what you written the day before
and as for that free kick you couldnt see properly with your one eye 2 grovedale players were all over the stmarys play and the closest umpire was to weak to call it so the umpire further away intervened it was very clear to me with my young eyes

cheers bud ps l can still hear the coach more pressure more pressure boys

Shit time for me to stop giving tips ey.. Cant have a bloke get 1 tip wrong can we champ:eek:

Must have been plenty of eye patches on at burdoo on saturday coz your the only person who saw it as a free kick ( besides the umpire who was 100 meters away )

Weak umpire??? Geez being a tad stiff there aren't ya mate considering everything went St Marys way after they lost the lead half way trhu the 3rd. The only terrible decision that went against St Marys in the 3rd 1/4 was when number9 had a shot from in front of the clubrooms that went straight thru the big sticks only for the goal umpire to give a behind. No one could believe wat they'd seen with that one.

Can we please move on from last weeks Grovedale vs St Mary's game in particular the umpiring.
No matter what game, what league, what division whether its Juniors or Seniors, Umpires and the decisions throughout a game will be scrutinised from all sectors.
Lets move on boys, game is over, done and dusted.
Tips this week?

It would be cheating not to penalise those 50m penalties. Obvious. Probably the closest umpire had his view blocked, and the other umpire did the correct thing by paying a great free kick, on the holding that was taking place. Don't care which umpire pays the free, as long as it gets rightfully paid. The St.Marys supporters would have been filthy if it didn't get paid, it was so obvious to everybody except you.

Clarkey taken down after disposal was correct also.

To get the umpires out after round 2, all the excuses are gone now. It usually takes til round 10 in the AFL before the coaches start blaming the umpy's.

Turn it up.. Out of the 4 50's given in the 3rd term maybe 1 of them could be justified, the rest was blatant cheating.

If you were at the game then surely you saw the free kick given to a St Marys player 30 out from goal, not by the field umpire standing right in front of the play but by the umpire standing in the center circle. Care to explain how it can be given if the umpire in the right position didnt see any free kick??

Clarke getting a free set shot after he tripped over himself when having a shot on the run that missed by miles.. Miss that one aswell mate??

Why would Grovedale have the umpires up at burdoo on tuesday nite watching them train if it was a simple case of giving away stupid free kicks and not knowing how to win.

How can SOS1 say that he was at the game, I reckon he must have lefted at half time. Tim Finnigan why don't you start observing the GFL Umpires you sound like your on the right track. Not sure what planet SOS 1 is on, sounds like he could find something better to do on a Saturday afternoon as he seems to not know a hell of a lot about our great game

steveycams I couldn't agree more, not sure what game SOS 1 was at, reckon umps did ok before half time, pass just. But after half time very poor, they don't understand 50 m rule, few umps in the GFL have a feel for the game, need good umps not fancy pants blokes and girls running around that have no feel for it. Funny 'cause you see the blokes standing around with their folders taking notes but cant get the message through. Might walk up to one and ask him whats he up to next time

What's all this talk from Michael Finnigan about eye patches & bad umpiring?? He mightn't be wearing 1 when it comes to Grovedale but from the looks of his blogs when it comes to umpring he is wearing 2!

I had as much of a view of the widely covered incident as Michael did & I was on the other side of the heads peering through the passing of the 2 ferrys. It was a tremendous decision & such umpiring always improves the game. Me thinks Michael Finnigan had to much beer on his Chinnigan!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vinny just because you have more cousins than Brian Waldron has critics don't assume Michael is a cousin please. You are not helping this debate regarding the very average treatment of umpires in the GFL & you are not improving the game with these comments. In fact, along with "Michael" Finnigan you are both unimproving the game in this league.

Clearly Grovedale won today as the silence is deafening coming across the heads.

Are we getting very close to an U/18 divisional competition like the other grades currently have? Three 150+ point margins today. North Shore haven't scored for three weeks. Can't be helping these kids' development. Perhaps nowhere is my old point more evident than the strong clubs getting stronger.

grovedale were terrible beaten by 50pts but should have lost by 70-80 if the lions could have kicked straighter. umpiring was quite good definately NO bias against grovedale.

you guys need to stop bagging umps. sure they make bad decisions sometimes. but the alternative is club umps and we all see how bad they are! I applaud these guys who go out and listen to abuse for a lousy 100 bucks a week. without these guys all leagues in geelong would be stuffed.

grovedale were terrible beaten by 50pts but should have lost by 70-80 if the lions could have kicked straighter. umpiring was quite good definately NO bias against grovedale.

Frogman i think your wrong on both accounts there.

1. Grovedale should of lost by 100+ they were so terrible in the 1st half, 23 to 3 scoring shots up until half time

2. I am a fan of the job umpires do and last week i thought they were ok but they dont let the game go, i didnt think the umpiring was great yesterday.

The tigers are getting nowhere, we have no good players or the ones we have are expected to get the side over the line every week. Im a big fan but Im not seeing good signs at this stage.

Great to see West and North shore be very competitive! also lara beating colac was a huge upset!

Ok well ive been in Echuca for a cricket trip this wknd so cant comment on Grovedales performance this week.

Who's this Michael Finnigan everyone's going on about, have i missed something here???

How long have you been umpiring for Grassman ? Club Umps bring back some common sense to local footy. Why do we put up with these fancy pants umpires that think they are bigger than the game. The reserves didnt fall over when the umpires couldn't do it. We just get Bluey or Simmo to throw on a whistle and the job is done. No fancy crap, just common sense. Have you noticed they dont make up crap free kicks that no one else can see. Good luck umpiring next week Grassman

Tim you didnt miss much, just the usual stuff running around looking pretty paying crap free kicks that no one else at Leopold could see. They umpired as if they were in the Port of Echuca Hotel, you cant touch em

Not sure what Vinny Cat has been taking Soss........must've been delirious with anticipation of running over Cats at the G today.

As for Tim "Michael" Finnigan's habitual complaints about Grovedale's crucifications he needs to take a long look at the blatant favours G Ablett receives week after week. It's uncanny how Ablett's ball handling disappears whenever he's about to be tackled.......the ball turns into hot coals! Somehow he gets a free for holding the man. Every time. Can't touch him.

Grovedale don't know how good they are getting.

Not sure what Vinny Cat has been taking Soss........must've been delirious with anticipation of running over Cats at the G today.

As for Tim "Michael" Finnigan's habitual complaints about Grovedale's crucifications he needs to take a long look at the blatant favours G Ablett receives week after week. It's uncanny how Ablett's ball handling disappears whenever he's about to be tackled.......the ball turns into hot coals! Somehow he gets a free for holding the man. Every time. Can't touch him.

Grovedale don't know how good they are getting.

Not going to get any disagreements from me on that Stevo.. Young Gazza has alot in common with St Marys.. You know protected species:D

Anyway enough of that crap about umpires its not gonna change anything about the shit they dish up week in week out.

Couple big games this wknd... West surely favourites to knock Grovey off and North Shore a huge chance to win there 1st game in a long time when against a struggling St Albans side:thumbsu:

don't start raising other issues, eg G Ablett, this is a forum about the GFL and not the AFL, your like those other blokes that like to deflect the attention away from the real issues. The real issues are StevoSorrento, that your didnt get Tim's name correct and the umpiring performances at recent Grovedale games.
Do we know whether SOS 1 attended the Grovedale game last week yet ? By the silent I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back