GFL Geelong Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I noticed their Reserves are travelling well, is there some players that have not played Seniors because they want to win a Two's flag? If that is the case I would be disappointed if I was Senior Coach.
The article also said that they have had an inordinate amount of clearances handed out before the deadline which unfortunately speaks volumes to me as well...

Now any chance we can use his forum to talk about the GFL, instead of a couple of people using it to spread rumours, lies, and other crap.

Have leopold blown their season last weekend losing to St. Albans?? Also i must say, the St. Mary's heritage jumper looked sweet!

I was alot more impressed with Leopold than i was with Joeys on what i've seen of both sides this year. I still reckon it'll come down to round 18 at the snake pit for the final spot in the 5.

Also, there's a few blokes on this site who should be wiping some egg off there faces in regards to St Albans decision to appoint Pete Davenport as coach this year. Pete's done a great job for them so far including guiding them to there most ammount of wins in a year since 2004. And with some very winable games coming up, there's a very good chance the SuperSaints will end up with 8 wins for the year.

{No ones been there long enough to try forming and keeping together a side for a long period. I have heard there'll be a number of blokes returning to Torquay next year but thats no big deal as there's only 2 id keep anyway. Harvey should have the chance to at least try recruit some big names for next year and hopefully get the team closer to finals.}

after watching the grovedale v st. albans game,
i would have to say that the problem is definately is the coach and the playing groups relationship. as i listened to both coaches talk on the day, grovedales coach seemed to have lack of direction, and pretty much lsot for words, and as far as the playing group goes seems as if they couldnt care less. where as st albans coach, was "up and about" spoke with conviction and had set structures in place, " which is what is needed at this level of competition" and had the players full attention.

if it was not for players from torquay and anglesea, Grovedale would have struggle to form a side the past two years. so to see them leave would be a major loss for grovedale as it seems they are the core of the playing group, and there success at there previous clubs would have the worth.
Harvey Lang, has a very irregular side in, and some " bigger names" playing in the earlier game. surely this raises question in the playin group and supporters.....

" tim finnigan " if players are to leave. who is it you would like to keep? sounds as if your not satisfied with the quality from the coast.

after watching the grovedale v st. albans game,
i would have to say that the problem is definately is the coach and the playing groups relationship. as i listened to both coaches talk on the day, grovedales coach seemed to have lack of direction, and pretty much lsot for words, and as far as the playing group goes seems as if they couldnt care less. where as st albans coach, was "up and about" spoke with conviction and had set structures in place, " which is what is needed at this level of competition" and had the players full attention.

if it was not for players from torquay and anglesea, Grovedale would have struggle to form a side the past two years. so to see them leave would be a major loss for grovedale as it seems they are the core of the playing group, and there success at there previous clubs would have the worth.
Harvey Lang, has a very irregular side in, and some " bigger names" playing in the earlier game. surely this raises question in the playin group and supporters.....

" tim finnigan " if players are to leave. who is it you would like to keep? sounds as if your not satisfied with the quality from the coast.[/quote]

Players have have had that attitude since the Newtown game which is strange as theywent into it on the back of a 3 game winning streak.

Who's a big name there besides Adam Donohue?

Id keep Hunt,Taylor,Montgomery and Raids if he wasnt playing VFL.

One day (hopefully its already sunk in) the club will realise there not gonna go anywhere by recruiting from the other Geelong leagues whilst other clubs recruit from comps equal to or better than GFL. Quite frankly its getting old knowing before round 1 that your club are just making up the numbers again.

Was in the Addy that Sutterby has to re-apply for his job at the end of the season if he wants it again. Club say its normal procedure. I just dont think their list is that good, they may have wanted finals and havent done that but in reality they probably werent good enough anyway, or were they, maybe thats the problem. You would think they would have a new coach next year. As for being in turmoil their reserves are undefeated i think so there cant be to much turmoil.
Yeah I read that!Not a good sign if he is to apply like everyone else. Good on the club tho-all coaches should be assessed that way-dont perform-out you go!!Leopolds success was a flash in the pan and no surprise that Greavsy is throwing in the towel. Bews is not going to make much difference-too many other commitments!
My top five-Lara(premiers)South B,BP,St Marys and St J as well-no brainer on that one. Hopefully St J out early in the finals!

i agree, with the pre-season notion of the club already pushing sh*t up hill,
problem grovedale has always had is they recruit well, but they do not retain there list, hence why i think grovedale will struggle again next yr if players return to old clubs.
taylor, montgomery, hunt, should stay in the Gfl, as both taylor and montgomery are classy players and def up to the standard, ( however i think they are played out of position). Hunt will develop his already good form and turn into a good gfl player.

the coach needs to retain the faith of the playing group, HOW? i have no idea. from what i see he seems to have also lost the plot.

would like to see the existing players remain and add in a few " ready made players" and the club " may" see success for the first in a long time.

Anyone see the article in todays addy on the Bell Post Hill womans team?? Id rather run into a full strength South Barwon than tackle some of them "ladies" crikey:eek:

Another big scalp for Lara today at the Snake Pit. Having beaten Sth Barwon, St Marys and now Bell Park in the last month or so, they would have to be amongst the contenders for the flag. I thought they were just below the top teams but they are winning me over.

Leopold have lost 6 games for the season and five of them were by less than a goal. If they'd kicked 1 more goal per game they'd be on top of the ladder! Sadly I think they'll be the best side to ever not make the finals...poor bastards. They now face playing the top 4 teams on the ladder for the last 4 games. Stranger things have happened but that's curtains for them now. Joeys have to play 3 of the top 4 but already being a game ahead than leopold now should still ensure they make the finals. I'd actually like to see them make the granny now and lose by a point on the siren (to Lara!)

Leopold have lost 6 games for the season and five of them were by less than a goal. If they'd kicked 1 more goal per game they'd be on top of the ladder! Sadly I think they'll be the best side to ever not make the finals...poor bastards. They now face playing the top 4 teams on the ladder for the last 4 games. Stranger things have happened but that's curtains for them now. Joeys have to play 3 of the top 4 but already being a game ahead than leopold now should still ensure they make the finals. I'd actually like to see them make the granny now and lose by a point on the siren (to Lara!)
I'd actually like to see them make the granny now and lose by a point on the siren (to Lara!)
Same here! But it would be better if they dont make the GF. South Barwon need to lift now.
Next weeks games are quite obvious.Colac,South Barwon, St Marys, Bell Park,Lara, STA to win.

I've just done up a sort of form ladder since the mid year break;

BELL PARK 7-1 28 165.8%
St MARYS 6-2 24 139.6%
LARA 6-2 24 108.5%
SOUTH BARWON 5-3 20 167%
*St JOSEPH'S 5-2 20 137.1%
St ALBANS 5-2 20 107.4%
NEWTOWN 4-4 16 92.2%
LEOPOLD 3-5 12 109.3%
COLAC 3-5 12 86.1%
GROVEDALE 3-5 12 85.6%
*GWSP 0-7 0 66.1%
NORTH SHORE 0-8 0 42.3%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple words to describe the Grovedale footy club... Weak as p*ss, p*ss weak, soft c*cks, pea hearts, pathetic, disgusting, embarrassing, gutless, F*CKING TERRIBLE
very constructive tim finnigan= adam barrett. lets have alook at your playing career shall we adam and see how much credibility you actually have.
average junior player who cared more about fighting than playing..........oh is that it? no senior experience, is that because you were too lazy?
easy to be negative, especially when you havent experienced playing against men, only boys.
i know the reply will be, i watch football all over the place, blah blah.
are you taking out your inadequecies on your club, sure sounds like it. glad you dont support my club

very constructive tim finnigan= adam barrett. lets have alook at your playing career shall we adam and see how much credibility you actually have.
average junior player who cared more about fighting than playing..........oh is that it? no senior experience, is that because you were too lazy?
easy to be negative, especially when you havent experienced playing against men, only boys.
i know the reply will be, i watch football all over the place, blah blah.
are you taking out your inadequecies on your club, sure sounds like it. glad you dont support my club

Righto Caroline Wilson, care to give me a run down on my junior career and point out to me when i ever prefered to fight over play footy? Your right about being lazy tho. Didnt have the desire to do all the training required to be a senior footballer but that doesnt mean i dont know what im talking about.

Yeah ive watched footy all over the place but whats that got to do with anything? If a side is 43 points up in the 2nd quarter and loses by the same margain what other words should be used to describe the performance?

Send me a private msg and let me know who you are and what you've achieved on the football field.

Im actually pretty happy with my life mate so no im not taking any inadequecies out on the club at all.. My words may have been a tad harsh but its clear as day to everyone that somethings not right up there. The last 6 weeks have been insipid with no fight no heart and it really looks like no care.

I may miss 2-3 games a year but thats it. Grovey has one of the most loyal,passionate followings in Geelong and its a credit to everyone that continues to support the side despite year after year of crap. St Albans supporters are the same. And im definately not the only person that feels this way so im not sure you can say im a shit supporter just coz im not afraid to voice my opinion.

Im actually pretty happy with my life mate so no im not taking any inadequecies out on the club at all.. My words may have been a tad harsh but its clear as day to everyone that somethings not right up there. The last 6 weeks have been insipid with no fight no heart and it really looks like no care.

I may miss 2-3 games a year but thats it. Grovey has one of the most loyal,passionate followings in Geelong and its a credit to everyone that continues to support the side despite year after year of crap. St Albans supporters are the same. And im definately not the only person that feels this way so im not sure you can say im a shit supporter just coz im not afraid to voice my opinion.

i reckon your words were after quite a few drinks. maybe you should think before you speak. if what you do is support, then hate to be the real stalwarts at your club listening to that rubbish

i reckon your words were after quite a few drinks. maybe you should think before you speak. if what you do is support, then hate to be the real stalwarts at your club listening to that rubbish

Turn it up mate. You dont follow Grovey so you havnt seen the shit thats been dished up lately. Them words probably summed up the last 6 games perfectly. As for the club "stalwarts", well if they have any footy brain then they'd agree with what i said just probably wouldn't say it in a public forum.

Tim is similar to Acker at times I reckon.Too honest and blind faithed "stalwarts" can't handle the truth. He can't be questioned as to his loyalty and passion to the club. The thing that makes him maybe different from club "stalwarts" is his honesty and the balls to actually tell it like it is. Obviously no one likes to hear the truth at times becuase as the old saying goes;The truth hurts. It is also the only thing that brings about change and challenges people and clubs the necessity to find positive solutions. Every positive change that comes about in anything in life, first begins as a negative otherwise nothing would ever change or improve. We shouldn't be bagging the people with foresight and honesty but thanking them for standing up and telling it how it is regardless of whether or not its what "stalwarts" want to hear. If enough people at the club stood up too I bet some big changes would follow.

Tim is similar to Acker at times I reckon.Too honest and blind faithed "stalwarts" can't handle the truth. He can't be questioned as to his loyalty and passion to the club. The thing that makes him maybe different from club "stalwarts" is his honesty and the balls to actually tell it like it is. Obviously no one likes to hear the truth at times becuase as the old saying goes;The truth hurts. It is also the only thing that brings about change and challenges people and clubs the necessity to find positive solutions. Every positive change that comes about in anything in life, first begins as a negative otherwise nothing would ever change or improve. We shouldn't be bagging the people with foresight and honesty but thanking them for standing up and telling it how it is regardless of whether or not its what "stalwarts" want to hear. If enough people at the club stood up too I bet some big changes would follow.
his loyalty? from his past posts all he does is turn up and watch, then get on here and bag everyone. When someone asked him to get involved he said he was too busy. loyal my arse

Found myself to be absolutely exhausted after watching grovedale v colac on saturday and trying to keep track of grovedales rotations.
it was definately frusturating and confusing as to why the coach would have two of the players who were integral in setting up the first quarter lead in taylor and wall, in a rotation with one another on the HFF. i was always uner the impession that you leave your best side on the field for as long as possible especially if its working.. once again i thought the coach spoke poorly at the break, and why on earth does he make the players stay out and perform training drills at the main break.. surely the boys could do with a rest?
after only being able to get down to a few games thus far, its easy to notice, the club taking a backwards step.

perhaps tim finnigan could get some of the club stalwarts to voice there opinion and maybe we could see some significant changes all round. or perhaps even coach??? ;)

Joeys accounted for an undermanned West pretty easily on Sunday after West got the jump on them in the 1st 1/4.

Have to say the umpiring was pretty dire at times especially from the boundary and goal umpires this time. West seemed to be on the end of 2 bad calls by the goal umpires at the bottom end of the ground.

The problem with having 15-16 year old umpires doing seniors is they obviously get intimidated at times by having so many grown men around them and can't handle the pressure.

Paul Carson was half a foot over the boundary line with the boundary umpire right behind him on the point post and yet still didnt blow for out on the full despite it being clearly that.

It actually looked like the goal umpire told the boundary umpiore what to call even though he was behind him.

Carson slots the goal and you're just left wondering why the hell those tpyes of umpires are on the field.

On that performance though I can't see Joeys testing the top few sides come finals if they make it.

Well done to the West boys for fighting on until the end.

his loyalty? from his past posts all he does is turn up and watch, then get on here and bag everyone. When someone asked him to get involved he said he was too busy. loyal my arse

You are a goose,

I have never, ever bagged any commitee member from the Grovedale Football Club. Ok saying I was busy may have been a poor excuse but having said that, ive watched footy in Melbourne,Bendigo,Ballarat,Echuca and Mansfield this year. That's helping the club out wouldn't you say? In ways such as recruiting or seeing how other footy clubs run things etc. Id help out anytime if asked so dont question my loyalty d*ck head.

The fact is the last 4 games have been nothing short of disgraceful. We all knew Grovey wouldn't be world beaters this year and that was proven when they lost the first 6-7 games of the year. But we were competetive in most games, espicially against St Mary's and Bell Park.

We then won games against St Joeys and Lara. Games which no one thought we had a chance, but the players showed great spirit and believe and a never say die attitude which has gone missing the past month.

Its well known that there's problems up there and word that the players aren't happy with the coaching. If this is the reason for whats happening now then the players need to take a long look at themselves and change there attitude. You should be going out every game giving your all regardless wheather your happy with the coach or not.

Alot needs to change up there in regards to recruiting which hopefully has already started. Surely they've realised we wont get anywhere recruiting guys from the BFL.

But in my opinion the first thing that needs to be done is getting old Grovey boys back to the club. We'd have more players playing for other GFL clubs then any other side in the league and its wrong. But these guys wont come back unless they can see that the club have learnt from past mistakes.

Hopefully thats proven to you, you un named key board warrior that I do care about the club.

You are a goose,

I have never, ever bagged any commitee member from the Grovedale Football Club. Ok saying I was busy may have been a poor excuse but having said that, ive watched footy in Melbourne,Bendigo,Ballarat,Echuca and Mansfield this year. That's helping the club out wouldn't you say? In ways such as recruiting or seeing how other footy clubs run things etc. Id help out anytime if asked so dont question my loyalty d*ck head.

The fact is the last 4 games have been nothing short of disgraceful. We all knew Grovey wouldn't be world beaters this year and that was proven when they lost the first 6-7 games of the year. But we were competetive in most games, espicially against St Mary's and Bell Park.

We then won games against St Joeys and Lara. Games which no one thought we had a chance, but the players showed great spirit and believe and a never say die attitude which has gone missing the past month.

Its well known that there's problems up there and word that the players aren't happy with the coaching. If this is the reason for whats happening now then the players need to take a long look at themselves and change there attitude. You should be going out every game giving your all regardless wheather your happy with the coach or not.

Alot needs to change up there in regards to recruiting which hopefully has already started. Surely they've realised we wont get anywhere recruiting guys from the BFL.

But in my opinion the first thing that needs to be done is getting old Grovey boys back to the club. We'd have more players playing for other GFL clubs then any other side in the league and its wrong. But these guys wont come back unless they can see that the club have learnt from past mistakes.

Hopefully thats proven to you, you un named key board warrior that I do care about the club.

Adam, now you are making some sense, if you put stuff like that up, and not the abuse, which you wrote the other night, you would have a lot more credibility.
My point all the way through has been, abusing and bagging your club is not constructive, when you think and write something like you just did, you come across as someone who does want his club to do well.
as far as being an un named keyboard warrior, you arent happy because everyone knows who you are. If you could be you would be un named too.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back