GFL Geelong Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it beyond reasonable thinking to suggest that St Albans could beat St Mary's this week and knock them out of the five?

"Though perhaps not as concerned as those at Drew Reserve. Time to put the chequbook away?? Jokers!! "
This may just be one pile of trouble they CAN'T buy their way out of!!

Its fantastic that the final five has come down to the last round.
Genuinely think most people that follow local football would be interested in the results come 5.00pm on Saturday.
Leading goalkicker in the competition also hinges on last round, can Jones knock off Dale Carson?

From the outside, Peter Davenport seemed to be doing a very good job. Certainly his numbers speak for themselves. Most wins in a season since 2003. Not sure what has happened there and upheaval seems to be the last thing St Albans needs.

From the outside, Peter Davenport seemed to be doing a very good job. Certainly his numbers speak for themselves. Most wins in a season since 2003. Not sure what has happened there and upheaval seems to be the last thing St Albans needs.

Davenport has been given the flick by St Albans. Seems a strange move given it seems he has done a pretty good job as a first year coach of a struggling club.

From what I've heard it's not so much what Davenport has done it's more that they've got what they believe a better candidate for the job.
I'm told to expect a big name signing as 2011 coach in the coming weeks.

Davenport has handled himself extremely well given the circumstances. I'd be assuming he won't be staying on as a player next year?

From what I've heard it's not so much what Davenport has done it's more that they've got what they believe a better candidate for the job.
I'm told to expect a big name signing as 2011 coach in the coming weeks.

Davenport has handled himself extremely well given the circumstances. I'd be assuming he won't be staying on as a player next year?

Yeah that sounds right. A new committee must be coming in and i don't think you give a coach that has done what appears to be a pretty good job the flick if you don't already have a replacement ready to go. The big question is who is it?

Have they finally been able to sign the Gowans twins ??........probably due to come back home & I know for a fact they've tried pretty hard in the past !!!

Yeah that sounds right. A new committee must be coming in and i don't think you give a coach that has done what appears to be a pretty good job the flick if you don't already have a replacement ready to go. The big question is who is it?

There's no one.. No matter what anyone thinks of the bloke, Pete's done a brilliant job this year and this will prove to be a massive stuff up from the new president who ive been told is a huge mistake to have running the club. There will be a big fall out after this and the supersaints will find themselves right back down the bottom.

Not a happy place down at St Joesephs at the moment, coach was forced to quit for next season otherwise be sacked, players were informed tonight at training!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting article in today's paper about Grovedale. Players aren't happy with the coach? Some players back him up and the one player says players will walk if Lang is still in the same position next year, club says his 3 year deal will be honoured.

Very questionable as to why they would sign him for 3 years i suppose when they wouldn't have known a great deal about him but i think there is a fair bit of stuff going on between the players and coach and some players are trying to cover it up while one player who they didn't name bravely said players will walk, Timmy, have you got any information on this??
maybe time for a change at grovey before the 3 years are up and too much damage is done and its too late.certain people the cant be trusted

There's no one.. No matter what anyone thinks of the bloke, Pete's done a brilliant job this year and this will prove to be a massive stuff up from the new president who ive been told is a huge mistake to have running the club. There will be a big fall out after this and the supersaints will find themselves right back down the bottom.

Sounds like a stupid move to me. As you said he has done a great job why you wouldn't continue with him is certainly a strange one. Surely though if you are going to give him the flick you have a back up plan, if not then it is a really dumb move.

So who are the incoming president/comittee?

Well can't understand why Peter Davenport would be sack after all the hard work he has done this year. Is there more to this story:thumbsu:. He has taken a side from only 3 wins last year & 2 win the year before to 6 win already this year. Good call bad call.

Has it become such a cut-throat world in local footy that this has to happen?Hasnt he done what the club wanted him to do? Fair enough that Hovey has said he will step down or be sacked if Joeys dont make the final as coaches should if they dont take the team to where the club wants the team to be. Luck might be on thier side and they might well beat LARA!! GO LARA!!!Do it for the Joeys haters!

Well can't understand why Peter Davenport would be sack after all the hard work he has done this year. Is there more to this story:thumbsu:. He has taken a side from only 3 wins last year & 2 win the year before to 6 win already this year. Good call bad call.

Bad call, wasn't he told that he could re-apply a job will be advertised. This generally means that a club wishes to look at all possible candidates. If you were going to be a new president & committee wouldn't you like to have some say:rolleyes:

Has it become such a cut-throat world in local footy that this has to happen?Hasnt he done what the club wanted him to do? Fair enough that Hovey has said he will step down or be sacked if Joeys dont make the final as coaches should if they dont take the team to where the club wants the team to be. Luck might be on thier side and they might well beat LARA!! GO LARA!!!Do it for the Joeys haters!

Could it be that supersaints are looking at Hovey???
Would Davenport get another coaching role in GFL( Joeys, N&C)??

Heard that Mick Atkins will be the new Joeys coach (again). Some players knew Hovey was to be sacked a fortnight ago and when word leaked to Hovey he got in first and quit. The orchestrated dribble in the Addy today was proivided to the joeys supporters who work at the Addy to print (yeah their tentacles reach everywhere!) Maybe the saving of Joeys for next year will be the removal of their president who has the personality of a garden slug (and the looks actually) Vince Littore will be president and maybe then can they claw back a bit of cred they've lost buckets of under Jackmans dodgy reign. Oh and Benny Cousins to coach Supersaints!!!!! GO LARA and LEOPOLD

Oh and Benny Cousins to coach Supersaints!!!!! GO LARA and LEOPOLD

What a signing that would be!
On another side will Davenport's departure fire up supersaints to cripple St Mary's finals chances. As i see it they could still drop out if Bell park throw the match against Leopold & Joey's beat Lara!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back