GFL Geelong Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done to the Leopold boys. Under the pump three weeks ago and written off by quite a few. Great last three weeks. Amazing demolition of the top side today. I think a few teams will be looking over their shoulder and quite fearful of a red hot Leopold outfit on a big skilled stadium.
Anyone give them a chance to take it out from 5th??

Yeah I do. I think the only team they may not be able to beat is South Barwon. So who plays who in the finals now that we know the final five?

Calm down DougGottBrainwashed. It really must be even worse than I first thought down there in joeys land. What with all the " Faceless cowards" and "behind the scenes snipers" and people needing to "pack their bags and leave".You don't sound happy at all with your club nowadays. Oh but you "only speak to the right people" you say. Do you sign an arrogance clause when you become a joeys member or do your kind just naturally gravitate to that culture? Didn't mind Hoves myself but like everyone that goes to joeys from elsewhere, they don't seem to last long.Hopefully he'll continue to coach somewhere else but maybe his record at joeys this last year will restrict his saleability. Good question someone asked about what coaches get paid. Anyone know ball park ?
How bloody great is the season this year with Leopold and Lara fighting their way into finals maybe. And no, Doug no one will be looking over their shoulder should Joeys make finals. They'll be wrapped to get an easy game first round of the finals.
How sweet it is!!JOEYS ARE OUT!!!! Well played Lara and Bell Park in actually losing to give Leopold a chance and keeping Joeys out!

Back to the drawing board for them. must say i didnt hear much discussion about this on Krock on Sat-nothing in depth in that show it seems like a waste of time.

Well done to the Leopold boys. Under the pump three weeks ago and written off by quite a few. Great last three weeks. Amazing demolition of the top side today. I think a few teams will be looking over their shoulder and quite fearful of a red hot Leopold outfit on a big skilled stadium.

Very tough to win it from 5th but they are a pretty fit, quick outfit.
I would think they should beat Lara on the weekend, I think they can also win at least one final at skilled stadium.
I would say Leopold and Sth Barwon are taking in some good form into the finals.

Yeh great call Nicko49. Leopold are a very good side & should be in the final on there form for the hole year, 6 losses under 1 goal could of really had a double chance if things went there way. I think they are a side that will worry alot of them in the final's. Very fit side & penty of rotation's thu the midfield & that will put them in good sted in second half of games.:thumbsu:

Randy for the info you know & where told last night you must be a player or on the committee, a person in the no. Can you tell more about this matter. Did you agree with what was done at your club this week.

Randy Guy not talking about your club anymore, or have they told you to put a sock in it :eek:.

Outlaw I see you been calling for me.

For starters I sure as hell don't play footy anymore and have never followed St Albans in anyway, however I have a couple of drinking mates who do. That's how I get my info, some turns out to be true, some doesn't.

But all I will be saying is the latest mail is they'll sign a Frankston VFL player as coach shortly, apparently will bring some quality with him.

Time will tell....

Davenport linked to a few GDFL clubs at this stage I'm told so I doubt he'll take anyone with him down to that standard if that's the way he chooses to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outlaw I see you been calling for me.

For starters I sure as hell don't play footy anymore and have never followed St Albans in anyway, however I have a couple of drinking mates who do. That's how I get my info, some turns out to be true, some doesn't.

But all I will be saying is the latest mail is they'll sign a Frankston VFL player as coach shortly, apparently will bring some quality with him.

Time will tell....

Davenport linked to a few GDFL clubs at this stage I'm told so I doubt he'll take anyone with him down to that standard if that's the way he chooses to go.

Well Frankston VFL hey gee I wonder who that could be, I might have to come play there if he brings all of those players. Would we be in the Grand Final next if he comes.

i've been told st albans have signed clinton proctor from frankston as coach. 180cm forward who kicked 33 goals in 18 games this year and 11 from 17 last year. previously played for drouin and had a stint at williamstown as well. 25 years old.

also can someone from joeys confirm there will be a heap of players leaving next season? aside from baker and shaw ive heard stankovic (melbourne somewhere), a.lovick & bauer (to coach somewhere together), street (ammos), forbes (possibly thomson), carsons (newtown). all rumours at this stage, looking for some confirmation.

i've been told st albans have signed clinton proctor from frankston as coach. 180cm forward who kicked 33 goals in 18 games this year and 11 from 17 last year. previously played for drouin and had a stint at williamstown as well. 25 years old.

also can someone from joeys confirm there will be a heap of players leaving next season? aside from baker and shaw ive heard stankovic (melbourne somewhere), a.lovick & bauer (to coach somewhere together), street (ammos), forbes (possibly thomson), carsons (newtown). all rumours at this stage, looking for some confirmation.

Baker and Shaw - 100%

Others - 0%

"Wow":rolleyes: Clinton Proctor that a surprize. He would have to know Peter Davenport. He's not cutting lunches is he.

Surely thats the VAFA ammos not the Geelong Amateurs in the BFL.

Wouldn't be surprised. Lindsay Smith may retire at the end of this year and a big man swap would be ideal for them. Didn't all he want this year was a bit of $ and a job.

Streety has been in the police force for 12 months.

I am fairly confident if he plays it will be at Joeys. i don't think changing clubs holds a great deal of interest for him at this stage of his life and career.

hey guys, just wanted to get opinions for this weekends games and teams.

Are lara all but done after losing there last 3 out of 4 matchs and only just getting over the line against west,smith turnbull and harris are still to come in for the cats which will be a big help.

also can i get any information about st marys and there injurys, does anyone think they can put in a decent run for the flag.

hey guys, just wanted to get opinions for this weekends games and teams.

Are lara all but done after losing there last 3 out of 4 matchs and only just getting over the line against west,smith turnbull and harris are still to come in for the cats which will be a big help.

also can i get any information about st marys and there injurys, does anyone think they can put in a decent run for the flag.

St Mary's " no chance " to slow on a big ground.
Lara on the other hand will enjoy the bigger ground, but I think Leopold have hit a " Purple Patch " & will win the game. That game will be close. Best of luck to those side's playing in finals. C everyone down there at Skilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back