GFL Geelong Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Mary's " no chance " to slow on a big ground.
Lara on the other hand will enjoy the bigger ground, but I think Leopold have hit a " Purple Patch " & will win the game. That game will be close. Best of luck to those side's playing in finals. C everyone down there at Skilled.

Going by most of your posts I think everyone will be hoping your at Skilled stadium. The rest of us however, will be at West......

Going by most of your posts I think everyone will be hoping your at Skilled stadium. The rest of us however, will be at West......

Everyone that's nice & I will look forward to seeing a number of you there on the weekend at the games. Hope some people come up & say hi.
Randy maybe we can have a beer there if your there.:D:thumbsu:

Rumour has it Jimmy Allan is back in town this week to meet with the Lara board to discuss plans for next year. Would be a massive signing not only for the cats but also the gfl if he was to return considering he is still dominating at sanfl level. Would be interesting to see the likes that may follow should he return.

i've been told st albans have signed clinton proctor from frankston as coach. 180cm forward who kicked 33 goals in 18 games this year and 11 from 17 last year. previously played for drouin and had a stint at williamstown as well. 25 years old.

tommahawk 07... I have been told that Bench Coach Dean Warren has the front running for St albans as he had most of the player contacts that came to the club eg Millard, jones, etc.... not Davenport as everyone thinks he mainly brang mates from home who left half way through season:eek:

i've been told st albans have signed clinton proctor from frankston as coach. 180cm forward who kicked 33 goals in 18 games this year and 11 from 17 last year. previously played for drouin and had a stint at williamstown as well. 25 years old.

tommahawk 07... I have been told that Bench Coach Dean Warren has the front running for St albans as he had most of the player contacts that came to the club eg Millard, jones, etc.... not Davenport as everyone thinks he mainly brang mates from home who left half way through season:eek:

I have it on good mail the St Albans Coach is going to be a guy from the ACT who played VFL this year. Not Proctor or Warren
i'll confirm my sources and report back

Why are the 1st week of Finals being played at the West Oval when it has the worst facilities available & lack of parking?
Is this the way FG showcase our Competition!
I would have thought any other ground is better eg North Shore, Newcomb, or even give Leopold a home final.
Or maybe we should just go play in the mud at bell park or joeys.

Outlaw I see you been calling for me.

For starters I sure as hell don't play footy anymore and have never followed St Albans in anyway, however I have a couple of drinking mates who do. That's how I get my info, some turns out to be true, some doesn't.

But all I will be saying is the latest mail is they'll sign a Frankston VFL player as coach shortly, apparently will bring some quality with him.

Time will tell....

Davenport linked to a few GDFL clubs at this stage I'm told so I doubt he'll take anyone with him down to that standard if that's the way he chooses to go.

Which gdfl clubs is davenport talking too

Thomson & East Geelong are the main too apparently. Not sure what's happening at either club regarding current coaches.

Luke McClean would be stiff not to get thomson job again next year but they do have a very aging list. East will be gone after this year 75% of there senior list will be leaving after finals

Well the race is on by the looks to who has the right mail. Out of Icantkick & Tommahawk & Randy Guy. I'll back Tommahawk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well the race is on by the looks to who has the right mail. Out of Icantkick & Tommahawk & Randy Guy. I'll back Tommahawk.

I have also been told that said bench coach has already sounded out a senior player who may not play next year about being his reserves coach.

Also been told presidents phone been running hot with enquiries from other possible candidates.

Luke McClean would be stiff not to get thomson job again next year but they do have a very aging list. East will be gone after this year 75% of there senior list will be leaving after finals

That's 17 out of the starting 22 or 33 out of the 44 players that will play finals for them this week. Sounds a bit extravagant doesn't it? Anyway I'll take your word for it.

I think this should be taken to the GDFL thread now anyway:thumbsu:

I have also been told that said bench coach has already sounded out a senior player who may not play next year about being his reserves coach.

Also been told presidents phone been running hot with enquiries from other possible candidates.

Dont no anything about this person ( bench coach ),but I will back Tommahawk in. Also Buck Holly is very keen on his sources.:thumbsu:

Why are the 1st week of Finals being played at the West Oval when it has the worst facilities available & lack of parking?
Is this the way FG showcase our Competition!
I would have thought any other ground is better eg North Shore, Newcomb, or even give Leopold a home final.
Or maybe we should just go play in the mud at bell park or joeys.

GFL can't charge to get into any other ground aside from St Albans as there are no fences around them and I'm pretty sure the GDFL plays finals at St Albans. Pretty sure also the Carsons won't be going anywhere as they are on 2-year deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back