Geelong Footys Best Team Combined

Remove this Banner Ad

Devilfish

Rookie
Jun 19, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thought it would be a good thread to see what peoples opinions are if an interleague team from all 3 leagues were picked: here is mine i found it impossible to do obviously would have missed alot of playes but tried to have a blend of GFL,BFL and GDFL players

B: P.Brury C.Bauer B.Grgic
HB:T.Hay D.Talbot B.Nicholls
C:S.Chapman R.O'Toole J.Dalton
HF:T.Clark C.Wells G.Verco
F:W.Chapman, N.Saunders D.Carson
Rucks:D.Mensch, M.Corrigan, C.Wright
Interchange:P.Corrigan,M.Stewart, S.Clark, J.Carmody, T.Gilligan, J.Fastuca,
Coach- J.Fitzgerald

Thought it would be a good thread to see what peoples opinions are if an interleague team from all 3 leagues were picked: here is mine i found it impossible to do obviously would have missed alot of playes but tried to have a blend of GFL,BFL and GDFL players

B: P.Brury C.Bauer B.Grgic
HB:T.Hay D.Talbot B.Nicholls
C:S.Chapman R.O'Toole J.Dalton
HF:T.Clark C.Wells G.Verco
F:W.Chapman, N.Saunders D.Carson
Rucks:D.Mensch, M.Corrigan, C.Wright
Interchange:P.Corrigan,M.Stewart, S.Clark, J.Carmody, T.Gilligan, J.Fastuca,
Coach- J.Fitzgerald

Good effort mate, and i don't know enough about the BFL or GDFL to give an unbiased view, but good on your for having a crack.

One noticable omission i can see is Jimmy Cail. He'd be a walk up start in any rep team for the Geelong Region.

:thumbsu:

This is certainly a tough task.

Maybe if you are going to do a combined team the rule should be 6-6-6. As in 6 players from each league must be in the side. Off the top of my head i would think the GFL would easily dominate. So by doing that it might make it a bit fairer.

Good effort mate, and i don't know enough about the BFL or GDFL to give an unbiased view, but good on your for having a crack.

One noticable omission i can see is Jimmy Cail. He'd be a walk up start in any rep team for the Geelong Region.

whoops totally agree i knew i would forget a gun Cail walk up start as would Lucas Forbes:thumbsu:

would have had j.cail, p.lynch and butch shaw in that side.

would have had j.cail, p.lynch and butch shaw in that side.

I'd included Ben Lavars from St. Mary's in that side too - quickest player on the burst in Geelong and has the skills to match.

I'd included Ben Lavars from St. Mary's in that side too - quickest player on the burst in Geelong and has the skills to match.
yeah lavars is best recruit of da season n da ommision of jimmy cail is an outcry. wheres mclean. up wif da leadin goal kickas in da gfl. n merriman is da gfls most consistant playa. :thumbsu:

you are correct on that point however if you were to pick mclean over jarrod garth u are kidding urself! he would also pip lavars for best recruit in my opinion...

yer ya right m8 jarrad garth deffinatly in there nd james walker from leopld as a ruck in very gud form:thumbsu:

yer ya right m8 jarrad garth deffinatly in there nd james walker from leopld as a ruck in very gud form:thumbsu:

Both Should be in there.

Where is the love for Michael Macfarlane from St A?? Is one of the best, if not the best going around atm.

Jimmy Cail also should be in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how do you not have big macca from the supasaints in the ruck? just rucking for vic country. he'd jump all over stewie and run him ragged around the ground.

how do you not have big macca from the supasaints in the ruck? just rucking for vic country. he'd jump all over stewie and run him ragged around the ground.

Yer good point, stewy is stil a good player but macca is unbeileavbly good in a bad side.

also no bannockburn players would make the team, some gfl reserves players are better than the majority of gdfl seniors.

game set match steamy

u may as well just make it all gfl guys. evry1 knows those who cant crack da GFL go 2 da GDFL n BFL

Typical comment from someone obviously aligned with a GFL club. It seems not everyone understands that there are some players out there who value club loyalty and stay with their GDFL or BFL club for their entire careers.

I dont think Jason Fastuca (Werribee Centrals) would think twice about leaving the Centurians, even when he won his Whitley Medals. He certainly isnt the only one either.

Best to keep idiotic statements like that to yourself lavarsbnf.

Yer good point, stewy is stil a good player but macca is unbeileavbly good in a bad side.

also no bannockburn players would make the team, some gfl reserves players are better than the majority of gdfl seniors.

game set match steamy
haha ur jokin rite, gdfl hav good players which would play in any gfl clubs snrs. haha clearly bannockburn is the best side in GDFL coz there players r shitt yeh, good work D!*KHEAD:thumbsu:

haha ur jokin rite, gdfl hav good players which would play in any gfl clubs snrs. haha clearly bannockburn is the best side in GDFL coz there players r shitt yeh, good work D!*KHEAD:thumbsu:

there are good players, no doubt but none of them would make the best combined team, mullane grant and woods have had a crack at gfl before and did well without dominating the competition. did you throw fiolets name up as some kind of joke? i dont think you realise the difference in standard between gfl and gdfl...

there are good players, no doubt but none of them would make the best combined team, mullane grant and woods have had a crack at gfl before and did well without dominating the competition. did you throw fiolets name up as some kind of joke? i dont think you realise the difference in standard between gfl and gdfl...

the gun 08 needs to get out an watch all 3 leagues before he has any idea what he is talking about. To say gdfl players could play in any gfl seniour team is ridiculous, yer sure maybe 1-3 players at each club could possibly be in the 21 for the gfl, but thats about it.

watch some football in more than one league before making stupid comments....... D*CKHEAD!!

yeh woods and mullane grant did play gfl but remember the team was shit so mean mullane grant wasnt kickin goals no drive threw mid field. fiolet musnt be two shitt if two gfl clubs wanted him as a snr ruck man and willin to threw sum good coin around.:thumbsu:

yeh woods and mullane grant did play gfl but remember the team was shit so mean mullane grant wasnt kickin goals no drive threw mid field. fiolet musnt be two shitt if two gfl clubs wanted him as a snr ruck man and willin to threw sum good coin around.:thumbsu:

can't blame that mate, if he's good enough he's good enough.

well if they were throwin "some good coin around" why isnt he in there dominating gfl?

game set match steamy

can't blame that mate, if he's good enough he's good enough.

well if they were throwin "some good coin around" why isnt he in there dominating gfl?

game set match steamy

cause he didnt wanna leave banno doesnt care about money just wants to play footy with mates. wat club are u from?

not from a club, i follow all leagues, maybe you should follow me around, might learn a thing from non gdfl clubs
haha alrightt ill see wat i can learn. BannoV Thomson Match of round GDFL ill be there cum see fiolet destroy it, also woods.
and u said no banno player r good enuff for gfl y is aron broom in bp snrs?:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong Footys Best Team Combined

Remove this Banner Ad

Back