Geelong loses by $600,000 by the AFL Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

The Old Dark Navy's said:
LOL and another one can't control his emotions and decides to show the world what a moron he is. There is still one week to go, we can expect a million of these and half will be from Pies supporters who are about to see their record matched.

Let's see, every time Brisbane win, it is because of their 600k cap extension. They got McRae and Hart off the ground early, there's 600k for you right there.

600k X 18 matches won thus far in 2004 = 10.8 million cap concession so far. ;)

Enjoy your week.

Yeah, good on ya moron, and Haynes isn't worth anything

Mattlowry said:
I have had enough of people bitching about Brisbane and their extra space in the cap. Its there. Get over it and stop being sore losers.

i would have bet my house the events of this night would not occur:
-a collingwood supporter said in another thread that he couldnt wait for the nonvictorian GF AND;
-an essendon supporter is telling ppl to stop bickering about the cap

well you've earnt my respect, maybe there is hope, maybe there are some decent essendon/collingwood fans out there (although its still a 1000/1 shot :D)

Did the 600K get Power back onto his feet when he was knocked senseless?

Did the 600K magically put the ball in Voss' hands when he went for a contested footy late on with two Geelong players?

Did the 600K enable Lappin to play through pain and put in a super performance?

>A< said:
It will ALWAYS be questioned by too many as to how the Lions won 4 premierships in a row. Collingwood lost the 2002 Grand Final by $600,000 and now it was Geelongs turn. C'mon Port, kick the cheating barstids heads in. :mad:

The concessions does not make this team, this team plays as a team, and they should be shown the respect they deserve.

>A< said:
It will ALWAYS be questioned by too many as to how the Lions won 4 premierships in a row. Collingwood lost the 2002 Grand Final by $600,000 and now it was Geelongs turn. C'mon Port, kick the cheating barstids heads in. :mad:
You puerile stupid fool!!

>A< said:
It is a hollow period of time, and you are too dumb to realise, people will look back at this period, and always say what if the $600,000 wasn't there. I will tell you what would of happened, Collingwood would of won the Premiership in 02, and Geelong would of won it in 04, and Brisbane would of been as good as North was when they won their premierships. You are clouded by bias, and good on ya, but deep down, more and more people every day are realising, the likes of Akemanis would of been playing for Sydney had it not been for the $100,000 the AFL Lions could give extra to their top 6 players.

Cry-Baby.gif

thanks alot to all involved, it doesnt usually happen, but for once when an ignorant w@nker has stepped out of his place u joined together in giving it to him. Congratz ppl, it's good to have some support from opposition clubs for a change.

just another chance to say unlucky cats, u played pretty strong footy, and i feel lucky to have overcome this hurdle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petrie Dish said:
Did the 600K get Power back onto his feet when he was knocked senseless?

Did the 600K magically put the ball in Voss' hands when he went for a contested footy late on with two Geelong players?

Did the 600K enable Lappin to play through pain and put in a super performance?

Na, the 600k is the small piece of inflatable rubber that some sore whinging fools are currently clinging onto.

I went to the 2002 Grand Final, and I thought that AFL Lions were well represented in that game. How often does an Victorian side have total one sided support. When they play another side from Vic, it is 50/50 or thereabouts, when they play and interstate side, it is one sided in Victoria, but that is only maybe 4-5 times in a season. The interstate sides however, have a HUGE advantage with the ground, and the one sided supporter base, 11 times in the year. Which gets them over the line alot, look at Freo especially last year. Some Victorian sides haven't even really got a home ground, or they share it with others. AND they alot of them don't even train on their playing ground, which is where the advantage comes from, when you learn to master the dimensions of your ground, because you train there. So don't start with your we don't get an advantage bullchet.

thehardaway said:
I actually thought we lost because we couldn't get the ball between the big sticks
Single best summary of that game we will see. Absolutely no other difference between the teams. Money has nothing to do with Brisbane winning or Geelong missing out tonight.

>A< said:
Yeah, good on ya moron, and Haynes isn't worth anything
Moron? Man that cuts deep. I'm hurt ... tears welling up. Can I borrow your tissue when you are through with it?

konstas_87 said:
thanks alot to all involved, it doesnt usually happen, but for once when an ignorant w@nker has stepped out of his place u joined together in giving it to him. Congratz ppl, it's good to have some support from opposition clubs for a change.

just another chance to say unlucky cats, u played pretty strong footy, and i feel lucky to have overcome this hurdle.

I too used to be a bitter and twisted person on this topic. Now i just enjoy watching them simply because they are a class act and one of the truly great sides...... Also because they are playing the power in the gf GO BRISSY

When are you Lion$ fools going to realise your premierships will always be considered a joke. Handed to you by the AFL to promote the game up north. When the concessions end you'll be back down to the bottom of the ladder where the Bears belong.

eddiesmith said:
There is no doubt in anyones mind outside of Brisbane that Brisbane would not be as good as they are now if not for the $600,000. They would have lost players. Essendon is a prime example of the Salary cap working. Brisbane is a prime example of the inequalities of the extra $600,000.

You seem to be the prime example of why Collingwood has no respect from anyone outside of Eddie's office.

eddiesmith said:
There is no doubt in anyones mind outside of Brisbane that Brisbane would not be as good as they are now if not for the $600,000. They would have lost players. Essendon is a prime example of the Salary cap working. Brisbane is a prime example of the inequalities of the extra $600,000.

Cry-Baby.gif

Birdy said:
When are you Lion$ fools going to realise your premierships will always be considered a joke. Handed to you by the AFL to promote the game up north. When the concessions end you'll be back down to the bottom of the ladder where the Bears belong.

And when are you fools going to realise that the majority of crying has been done by Collingwood supporters this far? You just have a grudge on them that they beat you (twice).

You wouldn't give a ******** if they had beaten another team in the last two GFs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong loses by $600,000 by the AFL Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back