Geelong - Most overrated team of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

chrisjie

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Players who live up to the hype.
Scarlett
Ablett
Ling

Overrated
Harry Taylor
Joel Corey
Cameron Mooney
Andrew Mackie
Brad Ottens
Darren Milburn
James Kelly
Mark Blake
Matthew Stokes - people called for this guy to be All Australian.

The only team that comes close is probably St Kilda a couple years ago.

The difference between Geelong and St. Kilda is that A) the Cats made two Grand Finals and B) won one of them.

Just an off day, Hawthorn thouroughly deserved their win but the Cats shot themselves in the foot with innacuracy early on.

add selwood to the first category, had a great performance today. ablett and selwood in the same team are amazing to watch. but it always pays to have a power forward which mooney/johnson is not.

you must hope lonergan and hawkins develop well.

Scarlett
Ablett
Ling

Overrated
Harry Taylor
Joel Corey
Cameron Mooney
Andrew Mackie
Brad Ottens
Darren Milburn
James Kelly
Mark Blake

Just because these so called 'overated' guys had a bad game they shouldnt get tagged over rated. I know it was the worst possible game to be poor in but one bad game shouldn't decide whether or not they are overated

Scarlett
Ablett
Ling

Overrated
Harry Taylor
Joel Corey
Cameron Mooney
Andrew Mackie
Brad Ottens
Darren Milburn
James Kelly
Mark Blake

Wow, from a Tigers supporter! TOOL

A good ordinary team.

They choked today. Happy to see Geelong crying today. Just desserts to the Handbag supporters and I hope Ling the ugly **** chokes on his own vomit overnight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, from a Tigers supporter! TOOL
your forgetting that we are not the ones calling our team the greatest ever and definite to go back to back.

not all of those guys are over rated however until your foward line can match the class of your backline and midfield you wont reach the heights you are capable of.

remind me of my soccer team liverpool, not enough class in the final third to finish it off. you may have done it all year but when a team took it up to use you didnt have that last bit of skill to finish it off in the foward line.

and you may pay my team out again but the truth is i dont rate us or talk my boys up, but keep telling yourself what you want to make yourself sleep well at night.

One day Geelong is the unbeatable team the next over rated? No they are not over rated as a "Team". Perhaps players are not as good indervidually as they are in a well oiled unit. The Hawks managed to break down Geelongs flow and each player was held to account under extreme pressure.

The Hawks played their game plan and won.

Ablett was good but his posessions where not deadly, Scartlet was good but he sacrificed his usual game at the teams expense. Bartell spent to much time chasing free kicks. Geelongs game plan was compromised, the Hawks have been the best team all through the Finals and today it showed.

It was an off day but at the end of the day there arrogance all year thinking the flag was in the bag really hurt them. Theres a word for it i think... choke?

What a load of shit.

This team has played easily the best quality of football for the last 2 years. Geelong had every right to feel confident, writing their loss of as "arrogance" immediately makes the person making the comment as thick as 10 bricks.

Hawthorn played wonderfully well, Geelong will be back next year, no doubt, they'll be hungrier then ever.

One thing is for sure, at least Geelong didn't make a fool of themselves and get smashed by 100 + points.

Port are the original chokers, and the original are always the best.

PWNED.

One day Geelong is the unbeatable team the next over rated? No they are not over rated as a "Team". Perhaps players are not as good indervidually as they are in a well oiled unit. The Hawks managed to break down Geelongs flow and each player was held to account under extreme pressure.

The Hawks played their game plan and won.

Ablett was good but his posessions where not deadly, Scartlet was good but he sacrificed his usual game at the teams expense. Bartell spent to much time chasing free kicks. Geelongs game plan was compromised, the Hawks have been the best team all through the Finals and today it showed.

Disagree. The major difference was Hawks kicked straight, Geelong didn't.

All the game plans in the world mean shit unless you finish the work by kicking the ball through the goals.

so pleasing that geelong have been exposed as the extremely overrated side they are.

very good side, yes. just highly overrated. suck it up boys.

Overatted!! your kidding urself. Wasted oppurtunities.

and when was the last time richmond made the finals let alone the grand final

I dont think they are over-rated. I think they are a little arrogant which hurt them and the fact that they couldn't kick straight didn't help either, not to mention the hack up foward in mooney.. reminded me of Gardniers performance in the 2005 Grand Final. They were off on they day that counted, quite simple. They will be top 2 again next year if everything falls into place for them and they can mentally respond.

I dont think they are over-rated. I think they are a little arrogant which hurt them and the fact that they couldn't kick straight didn't help either, not to mention the hack up foward in mooney.. reminded me of Gardniers performance in the 2005 Grand Final. They were off on they day that counted, quite simple. They will be top 2 again next year if everything falls into place for them and they can mentally respond.

How exactly would this apparent arrogance cause them to lose?

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong - Most overrated team of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back