Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 94 42.5%
  • Dusty

Votes: 133 60.2%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 76 34.4%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 50 22.6%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 66 29.9%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 62 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Richmond fans liked to call themselves the TEAM OF THE CENTURY but look how quick they bottomed out and then everyone couldn’t retire or jump ship fast enough. Rance getting bent over by Mason Cox and then retiring was the beginning of the end for them when you think about it. 🤔

I call it the emasculation, you know our system was a pressure based system and no one, excepting the flu, could go with us for 4 years in finals football.
Like Hocking said, a lot of pressure comes from a player manning the mark, so when you say Richmond couldn't adapt to less pressure, I say a system is only as strong as its weakest link.

And Chris Scott said he figured out how to beat Richmond in 2021, that's after the emasculation, don't forget that.

So don't say the handbaggers adapted to the new rules, say you benefited from the emasculation, because that's what happened.
Let me ask again. Why couldn’t Richmond adapt? Every other club did, but Richmond literally imploded

Let me ask again. Why couldn’t Richmond adapt?
To being emasculated?

I could ask why couldn't the handbaggers match our pressure in 3 finals?

It was your coach who said we were shitting ourselves in the 2020 GF, lol he thought he figured out how to beat us then, but he didn't. He figured it out in 2021, after the emasculation.

"Lets do them slowly "

Chris Scott, 3rd quarter, 2020 Grand Final

Why did 9thmond's premiership run only culminate in three flags while the never quite good enough Geelong managed to snag four?

Why do no 9thmond supporters ever want to answer this question? They just deflect and change the subject... :sadv1:

View attachment 2117964
That's cute, but a misrepresentation. But don't worry, here's a more accurate version...
Joel.jpg

To being emasculated?

I could ask why couldn't the handbaggers match our pressure in 3 finals?

It was your coach who said we were shitting ourselves in the 2020 GF, lol he thought he figured out how to beat us then, but he didn't. He figured it out in 2021, after the emasculation.
Do you even know what emasculation means?

Why was it that every club except Richmond adapted to the rule change?

This question is based on the ludicrous assessment that every team bar Richmond has adapted to the rule change.

Let's see how many teams apart from Richmond have failed to win a final sine the stand rule was introduced....

And Richmond came an awful lot closer to winning a final than any of the others.

Then there is the point that the rules were specifically designed by Geelong's CEO in waiting Steven Hocking to curb Richmond, as reported in 2020. So of course Richmond is going to struggle to adapt, its strategies and playing list were adapted more than any other team to the pre-existing rules of the game.

Then there is the policing of this and other rules, which has incredibly seen Richmond "achieve" the worst free kick differential in 6 of the last 8 seasons. Yep, 3 times as many times as the other 17 clubs between them. And that is not even counting the adjudications we don't have readily available stats for, marks paid/not paid, 50m penalties, ARC decisions, MRO and Tribunal outcomes, which doubtless will have been subject of the same bias.

Geelol on the other hand had the inside running both in the design of the rules to suit themselves and the fact they'd have had more opportunity to pre-test the rules before they were introduced etc.

Why did 9thmond's premiership run only culminate in three flags while the never quite good enough Geelong managed to snag four?

Why do no 9thmond supporters ever want to answer this question? They just deflect and change the subject... :sadv1:

View attachment 2117964
Yeah Richmond clowns took the 2022 result harder than the Swans simply because it gave us 4 AFL era flags and trumps their 3. And it burns a hole in them worse than a vindaloo on steroids, especially as they like to say how we are chokers who can’t handle pressure and only have shiit players and a piss poor coach.

FD732A2B-EBD0-4248-870D-B18B09EE583E.jpeg

Richmond fans liked to call themselves the TEAM OF THE CENTURY but look how quick they bottomed out and then everyone couldn’t retire or jump ship fast enough. Rance getting bent over by Mason Cox and then retiring was the beginning of the end for them when you think about it. 🤔

Bro we went back2back after Rance retired in 2019 after doing his ACL. Good try :rolleyes:

Canadian Hug GIF by Kim's Convenience

Yeah Richmond clowns took the 2022 result harder than the Swans simply because it gave us 4 AFL era flags and trumps their 3. And it burns a hole in them worse than a vindaloo on steroids, especially as they like to say how we are chokers who can’t handle pressure and only have shiit players and a piss poor coach.

View attachment 2118633

Damn could've achieved a 4 peat guess back2back and 3 flags in 4 years will have to do :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond’s decline after the 2020 GF was as swift and decisive as their rise in 2017. A bit of a blink and you missed it scenario. LOL considering it was Brendon Gale who said, “I want Richmond to be like Geelong and to be a contender year after year”. No wonder he quit…

Richmond’s decline after the 2020 GF was as swift and decisive as their rise in 2017. A bit of a blink and you missed it scenario. LOL considering it was Brendon Gale who said, “I want Richmond to be like Geelong and to be a contender year after year”. No wonder he quit…
They thought they had an ace up their sleeve when talking Gale up as the next AFL CEO too. Haha just another case of a silly Richmond product not being as good as it thought it was hehe 🤭

You're not going to give us a jingle I fear so here's my haphazard attempt at the Tiggie theme of 2024:

:musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes:
Oh, Richmond, what a fall,
This wooden spoon, it says it all.
Three flags waving, but we sigh,
Geelong’s four just makes us cry.

Mediocre, we know it’s true,
Dreams of glory fading, too.
In the shadows, we’ll remain,
Just a tale of endless pain.
:musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes:

Obviously just a couple of verses here to get us started, but there's still the rats fleeing the sinking ship in Bolton, Baker, Rioli etc that could be worked into another. Leave it with me.

Jesus mate think of your own comebacks. That’s embarrassing, took you like a whole day too.

Why was it that every club except Richmond adapted to the rule change?

You're missing the point here its not whether we weren't able to adapt the point many are making which you couldn't answer is why the heck was it introduced in the first place? The article stipulates hocking not happy the way Richmond manned the mark LMFAOOO what a tossa!

But we achieved the ultimate 3 flags in 4 years, back2back baby which the cats could not achieve.

The hawks 3 peat and they were gone hadn't played finals for 6 years until this year and now they are back looking good after rebuilding via the draft. Cant wait for this years draft with our draft hand. It will add to our 5 picks in the top 30 from a couple of years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back